Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,480 members, 7,840,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Lower Back Aches.. Help! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lower Back Aches.. Help! (526 Views)

Early Pregnancy Signs: Lower Back And Abdominal Pain That Comes And Goes / Serious Lower Back Pain And I Can't Walk Straight / What Are The Possible Causes Of Severe Tooth Aches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lower Back Aches.. Help! by jonath0012(m): 12:09am On Jan 01, 2019
Hello, Healy professional in the house.

Just last Friday, I was trying to lift a heavy load without positioning myself very well and as a result, hurt my back so bad..

I have been experiencing pain at my lower back. I got a neurogesic cream to massage it and also took some pain killer tablet to reduce the pain.

Though the pain has reduced, but I find out that if I sit in a place for so long, and I make an attempt to stand th pain will be so much.

Meanwhile I have had similar incident about 4 years ago. I was trying to lift a heavy cooler and hurt my lower back as a result.. went to the clinic, a lady massage me, I can't remember how long the pain was before it disappeared.

Now this is the fourth day since the incident happened, I still feel the pain, especially if I sit in a place for so long.

Please, what do you suggest I do at this point?
Re: Lower Back Aches.. Help! by Laird(m): 1:03am On Jan 01, 2019
Go to a good hospital and see a Doctor
Re: Lower Back Aches.. Help! by jonath0012(m): 1:08am On Jan 01, 2019
Laird:
Go to a good hospital and see a Doctor

Thanks bro. I think I will do that tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Lower Back Aches.. Help! by Massage4health(m): 12:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
jonath0012:
Hello, Healy professional in the house.

Just last Friday, I was trying to lift a heavy load without positioning myself very well and as a result, hurt my back so bad..

I have been experiencing pain at my lower back. I got a neurogesic cream to massage it and also took some pain killer tablet to reduce the pain.

Though the pain has reduced, but I find out that if I sit in a place for so long, and I make an attempt to stand th pain will be so much.

Meanwhile I have had similar incident about 4 years ago. I was trying to lift a heavy cooler and hurt my lower back as a result.. went to the clinic, a lady massage me, I can't remember how long the pain was before it disappeared.

Now this is the fourth day since the incident happened, I still feel the pain, especially if I sit in a place for so long.

Please, what do you suggest I do at this point?
Pls continue with the massage, make it regular like once a week or twice a week depending on the pains. Then gradually the pains will subside and you can massage once a week. We all engage the body daily with activities thereby resulting to tensed muscles and tired nerves which caused pains. Most times these pains build up in our body without our notice until it becomes full blown. That's what you feeling right now. Please i don't recommend pain relieve tablet. Its counter productive. Pain relieve drugs are sedative in nature, weakens the muscles and makes you feel the pain is gone. There are only known to relieve pain not cure. The pain is still hanging around the body. SO MY SUGGESTION IS, HAVE A REGULAR BODY MASSAGE, STOP TAKING PAIN RELIEVE DRUGS SO YOU CAN BE ABLE TO ASSES THE PROGRESS, HAVE A REGULAR EXERCISE ESPECIALLY TRY JOGGING. EXERCISE STRENGTHENS THE BONES AND KEEP YOU ACTIVE ALL DAY. THERE LOT MORE BENEFITS TOO. You can chat me on 08094982576. I'm a Massage Therapist(male) . Pls continue with your massage if you prefer a female
Re: Lower Back Aches.. Help! by jonath0012(m): 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
Massage4health:
Pls continue with the massage, make it regular like once a week or twice a week depending on the pains. Then gradually the pains will subside and you can massage once a week. We all engage the body daily with activities thereby resulting to tensed muscles and tired nerves which caused pains. Most times these pains build up in our body without our notice until it becomes full blown. That's what you feeling right now. Please i don't recommend pain relieve tablet. Its counter productive. Pain relieve drugs are sedative in nature, weakens the muscles and makes you feel the pain is gone. There are only known to relieve pain not cure. The pain is still hanging around the body. SO MY SUGGESTION IS, HAVE A REGULAR BODY MASSAGE, STOP TAKING PAIN RELIEVE DRUGS SO YOU CAN BE ABLE TO ASSES THE PROGRESS, HAVE A REGULAR EXERCISE ESPECIALLY TRY JOGGING. EXERCISE STRENGTHENS THE BONES AND KEEP YOU ACTIVE ALL DAY. THERE LOT MORE BENEFITS TOO. You can chat me on 08094982576. I'm a Massage Therapist(male) . Pls continue with your massage if you prefer a female

Thanks for your input, I will definitely contact you

(1) (Reply)

What Causes BELLY FAT? / The Many Benefits Of Outdoor Play On Children / Advantages Of Blood Pressure Monitoring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.