Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2195981 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by omozu1(m): 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2022
seunpinky:

After reading your first post on this matter I wanted to give a different response but looking at this second post, I can confidently say that the whole process is a scam.

If your sister is really interested in coming into Canada via work permit, tell her to research into LMIA, create a Canadian format resume and visit jobbank.gc.ca and search for LMIA jobs. She will have direct access to jobs posted by Employers and this process will cost
her nothing. Although it may take some time and lots of efforts in applying for various roles.

I beg Bros I want to know
This coming to Canada via work permit them dey accpect truck drivers like me I mean long distance truck

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
Truck driving is high in demand occupation in Canada,infact there are over 324,000 truck drivers and a vacancy of about 25,000 currently.

However, it is very difficult to get work permit from Nigeria for several reasons:

1. The truck driving sector has lots of Indians and Mexicans and as such they have the necessary community/alliances/businesses/capital to employ themselves.
2. It's difficult to verify your truck driving records.

Is it possible - yes it is, what are the chances - very slim.

@Ednut1 can also add his opinion on this subject matter.
omozu1:

I beg Bros I want to know
This coming to Canada via work permit them dey accpect truck drivers like me I mean long distance truck
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
seunpinky:
Truck driving is high in demand occupation in Canada,infact there are over 324,000 truck drivers and a vacancy of about 25,000 currently.

However, it is very difficult to get work permit from Nigeria for several reasons:

1. The truck driving sector has lots of Indians and Mexicans and as such they have the necessary community/alliances/businesses/capital to employ themselves.

you don talk am finish. When uk had shortage too they only considered South African drivers in africa if i can remember well. Its hard but not impossible

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by omozu1(m): 6:40am On Jul 03, 2022
seunpinky:

Thanks I understand
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
NuCypher:

You never see anything. The epidemic of loneliness among Nigerian women in Canada has entered epic proportions and we are just seeing the beginnings of it. Some women who had bright chances of getting married in Nigeria are suddenly watching their chances dim to nothingness as they live in the suburbs of Brampton, Etobicoke and environs. They are at the near bottom of the barrel, not looked at by their fellow Nigerian men and certainly not by Caucasians who find them less attractive. Add to that the fact that many don’t or won’t go back to Nigeria to marry for fear of being exploited by red-eyed local Nigerian men, you get a veritable stewpot of chronic loneliness seasoned with several nights of intense crying and an escape as a content creator on YouTube where they hope to enjoy more visibility.

The Nigerian woman in Canada is near done. Now it’s an ad on Nairaland. Soon it will be billboards on Canadian roads. This is the result you get when you japa totally unprepared, thinking it elevates your life and not knowing that a whole new set of challenges is just lying in wait.

Who hurt you? Who rejected you? Y'all still play this "women with standards are going to die alone" game? It's honestly getting old and many of these women are not fazed anymore, and have refused to settle for boys like you. Is it not better to die single than call someone like you a husband?

Can you see how bitter you come across? You think men here are not lonely? They say Nigerian women have too much standards, would you not like your daughter (if you ever have one) to have standards? Would you honestly want your daughter to settle for someone like you?

Some women were raised right and have refused to settle for just anything. Leave them alone! If they perish, they perish.

39 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 1:35pm On Jul 03, 2022
ednut1:
some don dey wise tho. They are dropping their ‘unrealistic standards/expectations’ small small. The adamant ones continue o. The depression and loniness is biting hard sha ( more on the female side). A man must not be earning six figures. Have a nice car, live in an expensive condo and lavish on you plus being religious before he is a husband material. Some high earners have lost their jobs this month for example. If you can , marry before coming here. I don talk my own lol

This is all in your head! The few single ladies in my circle just want decent men and they understand that the aforementioned are just add ons. If you have a good head on your shoulders, have a plan for your future and you work hard, we all know these things are achievable in Canada. In this country, what you put in is what you get.

These women are not asking to be catered for. They are asking to be met half way by the men. What is so wrong with that? I noticed that many Naija men here have low self esteem because the ladies here seem to be doing well for themselves and are not begging you for money to buy cream as that was the bane of y'alls existence in Nigeria. Y'all are threatened by the women's successes instead of working hard to achieve yours.

Again, they've chosen to rather die single than settle for mediocre marriages. And I dare say, they have my utmost respect!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2022
Allegory:
Loneliness is still better than some kind of men out there. Whether single Nigerian women in Canada want to LovePeddler or place ads, it’s still their money and their body. Let them do their business in peace or suffer their loneliness in peace. It is still better than marrying someone you don’t like or barely know.

Thank you! They say the ladies here have too much standards and that is why they tell their mothers to find them a wife from home. The so called village girls come here and show them pepper. In their middle age, they are divorced, forced to pay child support for kids who do not care about them and later ending up miserably in nursing homes with no wife or kids visiting them.

They come with their Naija alpha male mentality to a society that recognizes women as humans too and they can't handle that. The one thing they have against women, power/money, is now put in both genders hands and it frustrates them.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Firefox01: 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
I was wondering when a female will come out to tackle that issue strongly. I didn't have to wait for long. I know the people I believe sha grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
SlowlybtSurely:

This is all in your head! The few single ladies in my circle just want decent men and they understand that the aforementioned are just add ons. If you have a good head on your shoulders, have a plan for your future and you work hard, we all know these things are achievable in Canada. In this country, what you put in is what you get.

These women are not asking to be catered for . They are asking to be met half way by the men. What is so wrong with that? I noticed that many Naija men here have low self esteem because the ladies here seem to be doing well for themselves and are not begging you for money to buy cream as that was the bane of y'alls existence in Nigeria. Y'all are threatened by the women's success instead of working hard to achieve yours.

Again, they've chosen to rather die single than settle in a mediocre marriages. And I dare say, they have my utmost respect!
i never said this was applicable to me tho. Was not speaking in absolute too, of course there are still good girls and guy. Threatened by which success lol.some of these Babes are living above their means too, any man that has sense and is focused on investments and buying houses will naturally avoid marrying them. You say they rather die single than—-, maybe they have not told you what they go thru with their sanity and mental health. Applies to guys too alot of them are depressed from this relationship dynamics.

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
mastravel:
Damn cool
It's about to go down cool (in Dbanj's voice grin)
lol.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
ednut1:
i never said this was applicable to me tho. Was not speaking in absolute too, of course there are still good girls and guy. Threatened by which success lol.some of these Babes are living above their means too, any man that has sense and is focused on investments and buying houses will naturally avoid marrying them. You say they rather die single than—-, maybe they have told you what they go thru with their sanity and mental health. Applies to guys too alot of them are depressed from this relationship dynamics.

You supported the original poster, hence my response. I don't know where you're seeing women who live above their means. The single women I know earn honest wages, invest their coins and some are even already planning towards their retirement.

You talk about mental health like the married ones are shielded from it. You have not heard that married women are the most depressed abi? Let's not deceive ourselves jare.

24 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2022
SlowlybtSurely:

You supported the original poster, hence my response. I don't know where you're seeing women who live above their means. The single women I know earn honest wages, invest their coins and some are even already planning towards their retirement.

You talk about mental health like the married ones are shielded from it. You have not heard that married women are the most depressed abi? Let's not deceive ourselves jare.

sigh. It is well with everyone lol. Many guys too will see good babe. But if she no fine or has ass/ boobs they will say they no want hahahaa

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
SlowlybtSurely:

Who hurt you? Who rejected you? Y'all still play this "women with standards are going to die alone" game? It's honestly getting old and many of these women are not fazed anymore, and have refused to settle for boys like you. Is it not better to die single than call someone like you a husband?

Can you see how bitter you come across? You think men here are not lonely? They say Nigerian women have too much standards, would you not like your daughter (if you ever have one) to have standards? Would you honestly want your daughter to settle for someone like you?

Some women were raised right and have refused to settle for just anything. Leave them alone! If they perish, they perish.
Dude, Broad, Shim or whatever you are, stop being naive. We know more than you are letting out. We have evidences of their several nights of sorrowful cries, incessant weeping, uncontrollable tears, etc. We also see hundreds of pages of their YouTube videos where it is clearly evident that loneliness is tearing through their hearts. We know that they'd give anything to be with a man who isn't even working or who earns peanuts, as long as he gives it to them furiously in the other room. We know because we have seen it. But we dump their lonely a.ss because we also know that they are big-time liabilities waiting to happen. Aint no broad getting these dollars! They incur more bills every day than would a stripper going shopping on a weekend in Las Vegas. They want to live in expensive downtown condos because they think they deserve it, even though their sorry selves are working customer service day, night and overtime. We see them taking expensive vacations they can't afford, simply because they want to create content for their lonely YouTube nights or showy instagram posts. Yet they haven't put in half the work required. They don't make good wives and we know that. That's why we only keep them for the Saturday night fuc.k.ery.

So, you see, they didn't dump us. We dumped them, lmao. Who cares about their standards? Who said they had standards? You probably didn't read my earlier post well enough to figure that out. So, I'm here ruffled, unable to understand how that came into the discussion. There are no standards, shim! There are just holes.

Hundreds of wise Nigerian men in Canada know to go back to Nigeria to pick an angel, and that's how it will continue to be. That much is certain.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
NuCypher:

So, you see, they didn't dump us. We dumped them, lmao. Who cares about their standards? Who said they had standards? You probably didn't read my earlier post well enough to figure that out. So, I'm here ruffled, unable to understand how that came into the discussion. There are no standards, shim! There are just holes.

Hundreds of wise Nigerian men in Canada know to go back to Nigeria to pick an angel, and that's how it will continue to be. That much is certain.

Go back to Nigeria to pick an angel?? cheesy cheesy cheesy Eiya

Let me know when you have valid points worth an intellectual discourse.

20 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
SlowlybtSurely:

Go back to Nigeria to pick an angel?? cheesy cheesy cheesy Eiya

Let me know when you have valid points worth an intellectual discourse.
Yes, go back to pick an angel. How's that for repeating it?
There shim goes, scurrying away cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2022
grin grin grin

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 9:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
Allegory:
Loneliness is still better than some kind of men out there. Whether single Nigerian women in Canada want to LovePeddler or place ads, it’s still their money and their body. Let them do their business in peace or suffer their loneliness in peace. It is still better than marrying someone you don’t like or barely know.

SlowlybtSurely:

These women are not asking to be catered for. They are asking to be met half way by the men. What is so wrong with that? I noticed that many Naija men here have low self esteem because the ladies here seem to be doing well for themselves and are not begging you for money to buy cream as that was the bane of y'alls existence in Nigeria. Y'all are threatened by the women's successes instead of working hard to achieve yours.

Again, they've chosen to rather die single than settle for mediocre marriages. And I dare say, they have my utmost respect!

After all your epistles, the Nigerian woman in Canada will come to run ads on nairaland

Firefox01:
I was wondering when a female will come out to tackle that issue strongly. I didn't have to wait for long. I know the people I believe sha grin
Bro the ad I saw on this thread made me cry out. If they rather stay single and die, why come to run ads on nairaland? And some aunties here are defending it.

Well, good luck to those involved.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by temmitats(f): 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
I actually hope for your own sake, that you’re a troll and these aren’t your real thoughts �
NuCypher:

Dude, Broad, Shim or whatever you are, stop being naive. We know more than you are letting out. We have evidences of their several nights of sorrowful cries, incessant weeping, uncontrollable tears, etc. We also see hundreds of pages of their YouTube videos where it is clearly evident that loneliness is tearing through their hearts. We know that they'd give anything to be with a man who isn't even working or who earns peanuts, as long as he gives it to them furiously in the other room. We know because we have seen it. But we dump their lonely a.ss because we also know that they are big-time liabilities waiting to happen.

11 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AyabaS: 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
NuCypher:

Dude, Broad, Shim or whatever you are, stop being naive. We know more than you are letting out. We have evidences of their several nights of sorrowful cries, incessant weeping, uncontrollable tears, etc. We also see hundreds of pages of their YouTube videos where it is clearly evident that loneliness is tearing through their hearts. We know that they'd give anything to be with a man who isn't even working or who earns peanuts, as long as he gives it to them furiously in the other room.

Common, what is this vitriol. I expect better quality of discussion on this forum. If we want to engage in bitter gender wars, there’s twitter for that biko , let’s keep this place safe and sane.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by UncleJudax(m): 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
If you're not one of them happy to die unmarried or don't have a sister, you can't say for sure.

I see them in Brampton..f.ccking small boys and asylum seekers. It is terrible. Big tall women who are supposed to be people's wives.
SlowlybtSurely:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ciwi: 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
UncleJudax:
If you're not one of them happy to die unmarried or don't have a sister, you can't say for sure.

I see them in Brampton..f.ccking small boys and asylum seekers. It is terrible. Big tall women who are supposed to be people's wives.

Can u people pick a side? First of all, u say Nigerian ladies are only after guys that earn 6 figures, now they’re following small boys. Which one is it Can’t believe that we have people with this kind of mindset on this thread.

24 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mbakweich: 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nawa ooo... This trend I entered so na COD warfare. Naija women abroad una powerful! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 12:11am On Jul 04, 2022
AyabaS:

Common, what is this vitriol. I expect better quality of discussion on this forum. If we want to engage in bitter gender wars, there’s twitter for that biko , let’s keep this place safe and sane.
When did Nairaland stop being a social website or any less better than Twitter in having conversations?
Opinions are expressed on social websites and everyone should have a field day having some. There is no one corner of the internet any more restricted than the other. Deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by UncleJudax(m): 1:23am On Jul 04, 2022
ciwi:

Can u people pick a side? First of all, u say Nigerian ladies are only after guys that earn 6 figures, now they’re following small boys. Which one is it Can’t believe that we have people with this kind of mindset on this thread.
Small boys take turns. Engine must be serviced.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ciwi: 1:39am On Jul 04, 2022
U sound like a child. Then u wonder why the Nigerian girls don’t wanna date y’all. Just imagine the mindset. Appalling, to say the least

UncleJudax:

Small boys take turns. Engine must be serviced.

17 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:44am On Jul 04, 2022
ciwi:
U sound like a child. Then u wonder why the Nigerian girls don’t wanna date y’all. Just imagine the mindset. Appalling, to say the least

you are not in Canada yet so wont understand. He is talking about those older ladies who are unmarried and those who divorced for flimsy excuses in Canada. Rumour has it that (me i dont know o grin) They are literally begging small boys for attention ( free sex, free food, free money) etc. the men usually go back home to pick a wife if they cant find here. However many ladies will rather die than go pick a man in Nigeria for fear of being used. Observing the drama from the side lines grin

When in rome be like the romans. Cats , dogs and plants are what oyinbo use for companionship. Nigerians start doing that too lmao

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 1:45am On Jul 04, 2022
ciwi:

You got it wrong. It's the reverse, actually. We dumped them lmao

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ciwi: 1:46am On Jul 04, 2022
NuCypher:

You got it wrong. It's the reverse, actually. We dumped them lmao

Oga please I didn’t quote you for a reason. Face your front please

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 1:48am On Jul 04, 2022
ciwi:

Oga please I didn’t quote you for a reason. Face your front please
But I quoted you. Deal with that.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ciwi: 1:53am On Jul 04, 2022
ednut1:
you are not in Canada yet so wont understand. He is talking about those older ladies who are unmarried and those who divorced for flimsy excuses in Canada. They are literally begging small boys for attention ( free sex, free food, free money) etc. the men usually go back home to pick a wife if they cant find here. However many ladies will rather die than go pick a man in Nigeria for fear of being used. Observing the drama from the side lines grin

When in rome be like the romans. Cats , dogs and plants are what oyinbo use for companionship. Nigerians start double that too lmao

So help me understand. They want attention, right? So why not stay with their partners in the first place? This flaws your narrative that they divorced for flimsy reasons. It might seem flimsy to u, but they most likely had concrete reasons for divorce. Fir example, there are people who believe that being with a spouse who abuses you occasionally, isn’t a big deal. Such people will say the abused party left for flimsy reasons. Y’all should let Nigerian women be please. Even if they’re begging for attention, so long as they’re not forcing anyone. After all, the white women u guys are hailing are not any different

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: babepink(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.