Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2185368 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olajide21: 1:07am On Feb 18, 2019
You like soccer? Don't worry, even in minus double digits dem still dey play in #OurCanada

36 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 1:10am On Feb 18, 2019
Congratulations, may the new land favour us ALL
vascey:

I know this thread is not for annoucing PPR. But considering the fact that I solicited for your assistance, I feel obligated to tell you all that I got my PPR last week. I'm thankful for those that responded to our call. I look forward to joining our greats on this thread in providing valuable insight to those who need it. Currently planning a March landing (not soft landing) and will be reaching out to some of you for assistance. I hope my request will be met with the same fervor and favor this thread is known for.

Merci

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 18, 2019
Please I'm trying to get my FRSC driving records from Abuja and I have a quick question...is there any validity on the letter if its dated 22nd Feb,2019? Because I will be landing in April...I want to know whether I should wait till some days prior to my landing in Canada.

Kindly help answer this..thanks!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Newmum0615: 3:51am On Feb 18, 2019
Please wait if you can. Although it expires after 6 months or so. It usually doesn't take long to get. If you are sure you will use it immediately you land, you can go ahead.
Barryston:
Please I'm trying to get my FRSC driving records from Abuja and I have a quick question...is there any validity on the letter if its dated 22nd Feb,2019? Because I will be landing in April...I want to know whether I should wait till some days prior to my landing in Canada.

Kindly help answer this..thanks!

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by WoodcrestMayor(m): 4:46am On Feb 18, 2019
Which province be this bros? cheesy
olajide21:
You like soccer? Don't worry, even in minus double digits dem still dey play in #OurCanada

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by WoodcrestMayor(m): 5:36am On Feb 18, 2019
I saw this on a random hunt on Kijiji...e be like new.E neat pieces!!!

Edmonton peeps...move fast if it appeals to you. E no go tey wey dem go clear am.

[/url][https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/2009-kia-rio-only-1-owner-27kms-newtires-starter-5-700-obo/1415964973?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true][/url]

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ysteph: 5:49am On Feb 18, 2019
To answer your first question, NO you dont have to officially seperate before divorce. Official seperation means theres a court order for seperation. However, separation is sequel to divorce. Well under normal circumstances. Its weird for two people living together to file for divorce. All you need show is that the marriage has broken down and give particulars. If the reason for the divorce is desertion I.e. that spouse deserted the marriage you'll have to show that you both have been living apart for one year or two years preceding the presentation of the petition as the case may be.

Francent:
For any lawyer or anyone that has gone through divorce route , Pls i need an answer to this question

is it mandatory that a couple must officially separate before divorce in Nigeria? Is there any paper work to show for it , or is it possible to file for divorce right away once a fellow wants out of a marriage.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by vcole: 6:01am On Feb 18, 2019
Congrats Vascey!!!
@nkay1888 I think that you should also consider a career in data analysis ....: biostatistics maybe? That is if you find that area interesting though.
@newmum0615 welcome to Canada! PM me with regards to your new DL. Your story reminded me of my landing while preggo as well. Lol! Very emosh period.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by RahmaMohammed: 6:03am On Feb 18, 2019
olajide21:

Please is this in toronto?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dasizzling: 6:42am On Feb 18, 2019
@Newmum0615, please I sent you a PM, kindly reply please.

Newmum0615:
Please wait if you can. Although it expires after 6 months or so. It usually doesn't take long to get. If you are sure you will use it immediately you land, you can go ahead.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chummypinky(f): 7:24am On Feb 18, 2019
goodmorning please after submiting passport how long does it take for it to be return?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 7:25am On Feb 18, 2019
WoodcrestMayor:
Thank you.
As a matter of fact, I became his first ever client 3days ago. My mum's birthday was coming up and we decided to get her a Samsung note8. It wasn't available in Akure so I hit him up and told my brothers to move funds to his position. Slot in Lagos were also out of stock so we settled for an s9. He made all the calls to slot and personally picked the phone from their location.He got it on first bus to Akure at the Ojota motor park the following day and phone was received in pristine condition. smiley

I really liked to hear this. Honestly I think this is the start of something great and your friend should realize that he's got a gem of an idea in the works. I'm confident with enough dedication this will work like a charm!

As a start-up lover, I may be biased in my opinion sha. smiley

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by iPopAlomo(m): 7:38am On Feb 18, 2019
vascey:

I know this thread is not for annoucing PPR. But considering the fact that I solicited for your assistance, I feel obligated to tell you all that I got my PPR last week. I'm thankful for those that responded to our call. I look forward to joining our greats on this thread in providing valuable insight to those who need it. Currently planning a March landing (not soft landing) and will be reaching out to some of you for assistance. I hope my request will be met with the same fervor and favor this thread is known for.

Merci

Gee... I remembered I signed the petition... CONGRATS mehn... Moving in next month to... Where are you headed...?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sharon2015: 8:19am On Feb 18, 2019
Newmum0615:
Part 2:

…And so here is my landing gist. Apologies for the length of my post and for the delay. Too many things have been going on with me in this Canada. Don’t also forget that I am an “arugbo’. We tend to be slow sometimes. I took lots of pics to add to my post, but my phone is damaged and I have lost most things. None backed up.

Catch ya guys later.

Congratulations .... I enjoyed your gist. May canny land favour you and your family
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by youseuph(m): 9:15am On Feb 18, 2019
Chummypinky:
goodmorning please after submiting passport how long does it take for it to be return?

Mine was returned at exactly a month.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by vascey(m): 10:45am On Feb 18, 2019
iPopAlomo:

Gee... I remembered I signed the petition... CONGRATS mehn... Moving in next month to... Where are you headed...?

Thanks a lot. Headed to Ontario. That's where the jobs are pointing to.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by iPopAlomo(m): 11:02am On Feb 18, 2019
vascey:

Thanks a lot. Headed to Ontario. That's where the jobs are pointing to.

Same as me... Make I PM you sharpish...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by vascey(m): 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2019
iPopAlomo:

Same as me... Make I PM you sharpish...

Anytime anyone sends me a message, all I see is

[/quote]xxxxx would like to send you an email message, but since you're not connected, you'll need to contact xxxxx by replying this email.

Regards,
Nairaland Team,[/quote]

Please how does the message thing work?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 2:21pm On Feb 18, 2019
Just reply the mail. Anything, maybe "hi" and voila, you are connected.

vascey:

xxxxx would like to send you an email message, but since you're not connected, you'll need to contact xxxxx by replying this email.

Regards,
Nairaland Team,

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by WoodcrestMayor(m): 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2019
I appreciate the words of encouragement. I have passed this to him. He's ready to go all out smiley
cochtrane:

I really liked to hear this. Honestly I think this is the start of something great and your friend should realize that he's got a gem of an idea in the works. I'm confident with enough dedication this will work like a charm!

As a start-up lover, I may be biased in my opinion sha. smiley
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by iPopAlomo(m): 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2019
vascey:

xxxxx would like to send you an email message, but since you're not connected, you'll need to contact xxxxx by replying this email.

Regards,
Nairaland Team,

Already replied your PM...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by vascey(m): 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
joo2018:
Just reply the mail. Anything, maybe "hi" and voila, you are connected.

Done. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by temieo: 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2019
Hello everyone, I’ll be landing in Vancouver with my family towards the end of April and we’re looking for accommodations for rent in areas around Vancouver precisely Burnaby, new Westminster, Surrey etc. Any assistance will be or information on general living in this areas will be much appreciated. Thank you

I’ve been enjoying all the landing gist can’t wait to share mine...

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Majesticniyi(m): 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2019
Chummypinky:

I submitted Feb 1st. It arrived back last week Friday, Feb 15th. Collecting tomorrow. smiley

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by vascey(m): 5:05pm On Feb 18, 2019
Please can someone add me to the Ontario whatsapp group.
Send me a PM and I will respond grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olajide21: 5:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
WoodcrestMayor:
Which province be this bros? cheesy

SW Calgary, Alberta. I am sure you can find similar in other provinces.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chummypinky(f): 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
Majesticniyi:

I submitted Feb 1st. It arrived back last week Friday, Feb 15th. Collecting tomorrow. smiley
Wow congrat dear i pray mine come soon
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2019
Chummypinky:
Submitted on January 28th ready for pick up in Lagos February 15th, that's 17days.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:42pm On Feb 18, 2019
Nice!
I sabi say e dey around but I'm still working to get my fitness up to where it should be. I should be ready by summer to go full blast. My last 5k run time was 26mins 41sec so I'm almost there cool
olajide21:

SW Calgary, Alberta. I am sure you can find similar in other provinces.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chummypinky(f): 7:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
Shyee:

Submitted on January 28th ready for pick up in Lagos February 15th, that's 17days.
congrat dear i submitted mine on the 11th of this month
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chummypinky(f): 7:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
youseuph:

Mine was returned at exactly a month.
That was long o
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by youseuph(m): 9:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
Chummypinky:
That was long o

It coincided with Christmas break. Guess that was the reason.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: kissoflife