Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2188439 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sunkyrazzy(m): 4:48am On Feb 23, 2023
Margs:

Okay will ask her and share if she’s fine with it

Ohh okay now. Thanks, sent you an email request already
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wellscon: 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2023
Is this still available? What is the pricing?

chuchucalgary:
A spacious 2 bed, 2 full baths plus large den apartment available for rent in Oakville, Ontario from April 2023.
The den can be used as a 3bedroom; Master Bedroom is ensuite with walk-in closet and very spacious Washroom. The pantry has enough space for storage. The apartment has one designated underground parking.

Oakville is a high-brow, calm, and peaceful town in the GTA & one of the best places to live in Canada, with lots of parks and nature for sightseeing.
The apartment has a bus stop 3 minutes away and is 8 minutes from Sheridan College (Oakville Campus); 10 minutes from Go Train Station; QEW, Highway 401 & Highway 403.
Tenant and Visitors Parking available. No Smoking & No Pets Allowed.
This is a good apartment if you're looking for a family-oriented place to live in; if you value serenity, comfort, and quiet home, away from the busy Mississauga or Toronto.
Send a PM for more details/pictures or want to schedule a viewing or video call.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by greeners222(m): 5:21am On Feb 25, 2023
Please guys I need any contact or anybody with 2bedroom or bachelor for 2 person around mississauga or Etobicoke . Anywhere in Toronto it’s urgent please.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CaptSolitude: 10:37am On Feb 26, 2023
Are temporary residents entitled to child benefits in Canada? One parent has been resident in Canada for about 10 months.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by thalpy(m): 4:06am On Feb 28, 2023
geminipie:
Good day everyone, please is there anyone here in corner brook, Newfoundland, or anywhere in Newfoundland?
I just want any valuable pointers about accommodation, fellow students in the school, jobs a student can do when school starts, or even any WhatsApp group to associate with Nigerians in the province.
also, can I come months before resumption since I got the visa early?
I recently got a passport request for my program to start in fall 2023, at the College of North Atlantic, corner brook campus, Newfoundland.
Please check your email.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wisdom77: 11:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
Delivery time is 8-10days. Please call or whatsapp 4374360833.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jbelieve: 4:22am On Mar 01, 2023
Jbelieve:

How about invest in real estate. Like preconstruction (off plan construction) you'll need to pay the initial deposit on the property to the developer. Like a condo worth $400,000 say deposit is 15% $60,000 which you have to pay. In about 18 months to 3 years (average construction life cycle) towards completion the value would have increased to around $500,000. You sell the condo via assignment this should be stated in the initial agreement with the developer that you can assign your unit to someone else.

You (assignor) sell your unit "piece of paper" to the new buyer (assignee). They pay the initial deposit back to you $60,000 and on final closing after they have secured a mortgage they pay the developer $340,000 and the balance of $100,000 to you.

So in a space of 2 to 3 years you have earned $100,000 from $60,000 making a total of $160,000.

The Holy of grail of real estate.

I see people liked this post. I'm a licensed realtor. If have questions about real estate or interested in purchasing or selling real estate in Toronto/GTA I'm happy to help.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kennyjoy(m): 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
MotolaniBolaji:
Hello everyone,

Thanks for taking out time to help others by sharing your knowledge and experiences.

Please is there any group or threads for the province of British Columbia or Vancouver in particular?

I will be moving to Vancouver sometime in April and will like to learn about the housing situation, living cost, transportation etc from those who have lived there or are currently living there.

I don't know if you have found a group, You can pm me so I can send you a link.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tewelrogers(m): 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
Please also share your experiences about other Canadian provinces of Quebec, British Columbia and Alberta.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by rawe45: 6:20am On Mar 03, 2023
Can you accept my invitation so that I can get a free gift?

https://temu.com/s/eQJBh6sFRqvEM

Temu Canada is currently giving out free gifts when you refer a certain number of users. I only need 8 new users to get mine. Applicable to Canadian residents only.

Thanks you o.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jetline: 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2023
Can any one help? I am searching for a 2 bedroom apartment in Halifax,Dortmouth or enrviron. Urgent.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jetline: 1:44pm On Mar 03, 2023
CaptSolitude:
Are temporary residents entitled to child benefits in Canada? One parent has been resident in Canada for about 10 months.

Yes, temporary residents are entitled to CCB ONLY WHEN ONE OF THE PARENTS HAS BEEN LIVING IN CANADA FOR AT LEAST 18MONTH,AND AT THE 19TH MONTH,THE PARENT MUST HAVE A VALID STATUS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by chuchucalgary: 3:09am On Mar 04, 2023
greeners222:
Please guys I need any contact or anybody with 2bedroom or bachelor for 2 person around mississauga or Etobicoke . Anywhere in Toronto it’s urgent please.

Thanks

Hey. Sent you a PM. Are you still looking for? I have one in my last post. Hit me up to discuss more.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olowoba2: 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2023
Kenn55:

I can understand the boring aspect but majority are not in that category. It depends on where you live and your social interaction even before coming to Canada.

I went to Stratford Ontario one day and I was wondering what life will be for any Nigerian who live there. It is a small city/town with probably 98% whites and these are conservative whites not ya liberal whites like you have in multi cultural cities. So if you live in those kind of places, it definitely going to be boring. There is no Nigerian or even African community there.

However I don't think anyone will be bored in places like Toronto, GTA, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, London, Ottawa in Ontario. I have never been bored. In fact, my social life improved in Canada. Before covid, there was never a dull moment except during the winter months and even at that, we still do ice skating. This summer, I did 2 barbecue events and attended 6 different more barbecues hosted by fellow Nigerians even with the covid wahala

But if someone situation gets to a point of depression, abeg just go back to Nigeria. This is because your mental health will be affected and it is not worth it.
Where do you live in Canada

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Petitemommy: 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2023
Cherrymia:
Please where can I do that,any link?

It's iq-online(dot)net

https://iq-online.net/how-to-enroll/
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tonidablaze: 12:42am On Mar 06, 2023
Hello greetings all, I'm new here, I'm Tony, I'm interested and i don't really know where to start, will be very happy if guide... Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tcrown2020(f): 3:02am On Mar 06, 2023
Please my good people. A first year international student is looking for part time job & / or summer job around Ottawa . Have searched indeed, workopolis etc , no show.
Kindly assist o.
God bless

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nellz19(f): 8:55am On Mar 06, 2023
Hello all please, I need accommodation 2 bed and 2 bath in either Toronto ,Etobicoke or london ontario basement or something I am so worried I dont wanna be stranded
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dampops(m): 9:57am On Mar 06, 2023
Good morning folks...please is there anyone that has done WES transcript verification at Unibadan...i'll like to know what the process is like. Does WES send an email to the school with the transcript attached or is it a surface mail? Kindly assist with information...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amaanvad(f): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2023
Good day everyone.

I short-landed in Calgary in December 2022 as a PR being the PA (our PR process was done with my maiden name on my passport).
I intend to renew my Nigeria passport in my maiden name to my marital name before traveling back with my family to Canada in August 2023 (The new process requires the NIN which is in my marital name).

Kindly help with these questions:
1. Can I travel back with my renewed passport in my marital name while my PR card is in my maiden name?
2. What supporting documents do I need at the port of entry asides from an affidavit and marriage certificate?

Thank you so much for your contributions and anticipated help.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GraciousWords: 4:03pm On Mar 06, 2023
Amaanvad:
Good day everyone.

I short-landed in Calgary in December 2022 as a PR being the PA (our PR process was done with my maiden name on my passport).
I intend to renew my Nigeria passport in my maiden name to my marital name before traveling back with my family to Canada in August 2023 (The new process requires the NIN which is in my marital name).

Kindly help with these questions:
1. Can I travel back with my renewed passport in my marital name while my PR card is in my maiden name?
2. What supporting documents do I need at the port of entry asides from an affidavit and marriage certificate?

Thank you so much for your contributions and anticipated help.

Some options if you are outside Canada at the moment:

1.renew your passport in your maiden name in a state that does not require NIN (I think only Lagos, Rivers and Abuja issue the enhanced passport that requires NIN, I may be wrong). This way the names on PR card and passport remain the same.

2. if you prefer to have the new passport in your new name, then apply for a new PR card in your new name (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/how-to-apply.html) and simultaneously apply for a PRTD in your new name with new passport details (in case the card is not produced on time). A PRTD application last month (Feb) took about a week to be approved........even if passport stamping takes 2 months it'll be ready well ahead of August. Apply for PRTD here: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

3. attempt to travel with PR card, old passport in maiden name, new passport in married name and marriage certificate/change of name affidavit - success may depend on the airline (if they let you fly) and may get complicated if you are transiting through another country before you get to Canada. I may be wrong about this, just an opinion. Hopefully, someone who may have tried it responds.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amaanvad(f): 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2023
GraciousWords:

Some options if you are outside Canada at the moment:

1.renew your passport in your maiden name in a state that does not require NIN (I think only Lagos, Rivers and Abuja issue the enhanced passport that requires NIN, I may be wrong). This way the names on PR card and passport remain the same.

2. if you prefer to have the new passport in your new name, then apply for a new PR card in your new name (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/how-to-apply.html) and simultaneously apply for a PRTD in your new name with new passport details (in case the card is not produced on time). A PRTD application last month (Feb) took about a week to be approved........even if passport stamping takes 2 months it'll be ready well ahead of August. Apply for PRTD here: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

3. attempt to travel with PR card, old passport in maiden name, new passport in married name and marriage certificate/change of name affidavit - success may depend on the airline (if they let you fly) and may get complicated if you are transiting through another country before you get to Canada. I may be wrong about this, just an opinion. Hopefully, someone who may have tried it responds.

All the best!

Thank you GraciousWords. You always come to my rescue with your very detailed answers. God bless you.
I believe you have relocated? Can I send you a PM please?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GraciousWords: 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2023
Amaanvad:

Can I send you a PM please?

Yes ma
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BenedictStinson(m): 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2023
Hello guys by the grace of God I will be arriving London Ontario late April to resume May at Fanshawe. I want to ask is it better to get an Airbnb or a 2-3 star hotel of similar price because a lot of the bnbs I'm seeing are looking quite expensive plus they probably won't provide the services that hotels do. Also if you have a link for house to rent around London from May I will also be interested. Plus has anyone use Motor Court Motel in London? What was your experience?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by samuelkingz(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2023
Bro congrats, Hope you are preparing for school. Please what is the tuition initial deposit for Canadore College, Looking at applying there.

Paulmobo:
Hi guys, good day.

I’m new on this thread and just recently got my study permit application approved. I’ll be coming to Canada in July for my program in canadore college north bay Ontario which begins in September 2023. Please I’d appreciate any advice, help, information or connect from anyone currently in north bay with regards to securing an accommodation, transportation and the whole scenery in general.

Kindly assist a brother, cheers guys.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Mereuche: 8:19pm On Mar 07, 2023
Hi plsss I would love to join the group
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Mereuche: 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2023
[quote author=Winkus18 post=103504759][/quote]

Plsss I would love to join the group
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Akaewu: 3:23am On Mar 08, 2023
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Zbk001: 5:24am On Mar 08, 2023
Good morning my ppl, pls what is equivalent years for 16 month Masters program and how many years PGWP will be given to such individual… pls I now this might not be the right place to ask this question but this questions have burden me for sometime now…really need ur response, tanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Angela2023: 6:33am On Mar 08, 2023
Hello @BenedictStinson,
Please I need ur help n guidance I also got admission into fanshaw college, please I was told to pay first tuition fee which is 9350 cad , was it like that on ur own.... please how much is expected to be in ur sponsor' s account as pof likewise ur own. Thanks I ll be waiting for ur reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.