Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2190721 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gajagojo: 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2023
Where to catch fun in downtown on a Friday
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️ Toronto Port lands

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by iphenon: 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2023
fruitartist:

Toronto?
Calgary

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by fruitartist: 11:38pm On Apr 21, 2023
iphenon:
Calgary

Oh ok
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Datevilme: 1:25am On Apr 22, 2023
iphenon:
When I first booked, I went with the available date I saw (oct 2024) then went back to reschedule and got Nov 2023 and went back again to reschedule and got May 2023 and I just settled for that (my friend was lucky to get April 11th and already got her visa).

The idea is just book any available date and then go back to keep checking for a closer date. I'm most certain you'll get a date before the end of the year, you just need to keep checking and checking and checking

Is there a preferred time to check?
Or just random times throughout the day.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sirabbey(m): 3:17am On Apr 22, 2023
iphenon:
Calgary

Go to Banff. It is just 1.5hours away from Calgary.

You will love the place. It is straight out of the movies.

If you'll rather not drive that far, Go to Prince's Island Park in South West Calgary

That is another cool spot to relax with nature at its pristine.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teminiye: 3:43am On Apr 22, 2023
Good day my people. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience and giving genuine answers to our fellow brothers and sisters. God bless us all. I need the help of a Nigerian doctor living in Canada preferably Ontario, a friend of mine has been having some health challenges but after going through some test and ultrasound nothing was seen and the hospital here are not giving any drugs to subsidize the pain. Please any doctors in the house who can assist or available for consultation, kindly help. Thank you very much.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Electroweb(m): 8:42am On Apr 22, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I have a question concerning the air quality in my rented apartment.
In it, there is a Heat Recovery Ventilator and a wall mounted thermostat. I want to know if and how they interact with each other?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by iphenon: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2023
Datevilme:

Is there a preferred time to check?
Or just random times throughout the day.
Random times
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by moneymagnetca: 5:16pm On Apr 22, 2023
Teminiye:
Good day my people. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experience and giving genuine answers to our fellow brothers and sisters. God bless us all. I need the help of a Nigerian doctor living in Canada preferably Ontario, a friend of mine has been having some health challenges but after going through some test and ultrasound nothing was seen and the hospital here are not giving any drugs to subsidize the pain. Please any doctors in the house who can assist or available for consultation, kindly help. Thank you very much.

Which city in Ontario?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by moneymagnetca: 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2023
chrisoo:

God bless you. Infact, I am not really after comfort now. I am paying more attention to proximity to my school. I believe comfort will come when i start work and then upgrade.

Chose proximity to your school over and over. Staying in Brampton or Mississauga will cost you significant time and money in transit

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teminiye: 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2023
moneymagnetca:

Which city in Ontario?

London
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Datevilme: 10:04pm On Apr 22, 2023
iphenon:
Random times

Alright, thanks!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by harkintem(m): 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2023
Hi guys, I want to connect with anyone living in Brandon city
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by damzy88: 12:53am On Apr 23, 2023
WinterDreary:

I got this role, btw. I'll be happy to offer guidance strictly by email to others who may need one on stuff like this. This was a data science fellow role with statistics Canada and has elements of statistical modelling, machine learning, and data science.
Congratulations
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Thefrenchboy: 1:30am On Apr 23, 2023
1. Hello everyone, I just got to Canada, is there anyone in Sarnia, Ontario ? Because I need someone who can help me settle down here.
2. Which bank is good for students, thanks your reply will be appreciated.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 11:28am On Apr 23, 2023
harkintem:
Hi guys, I want to connect with anyone leaving in Brandon city
Leaving eh
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by chrisoo(m): 12:03pm On Apr 23, 2023
moneymagnetca:

Chose proximity to your school over and over. Staying in Brampton or Mississauga will cost you significant time and money in transit

Thanks a lot Bro. I finally got one, a small room about 18mins walking distance to Sch. I have been chasing the Landlord from Nigeria but he insisted on receiving payment from a Canadian bank. I opened bank account at the airport and got a sim there too cos its required for account opening. Room costs $1040 per month. I bet you its about the cheapest Student residential in Downtown. I was given a deal to pay for 3 months upfront and get one month free and I did. That averaged the cost to $780/month for 4 months. This has drained me but it has given me peace. Just patiently waiting for studies to begin in May. Still staying in my Airbnb till April ending and looking for part time student jobs. Please can you recommend any site or group/recruiters?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2023
chrisoo:

Thanks a lot Bro. I finally got one, a small room about 18mins walking distance to Sch. I have been chasing the Landlord from Nigeria but he insisted on receiving payment from a Canadian bank. I opened bank account at the airport and got a sim there too cos its required for account opening. Room costs $1040 per month. I bet you its about the cheapest Student residential in Downtown. I was given a deal to pay for 3 months upfront and get one month free and I did. That averaged the cost to $780/month for 4 months. This has drained me but it has given me peace. Just patiently waiting for studies to begin in May. Still staying in my Airbnb till April ending and looking for part time student jobs. Please can you recommend any site or group/recruiters?
Work after sch starts.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by chrisoo(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2023
aestake:

Work after sch starts.

Hi Aestake, you are very correct and I dont intent to go against my SP conditions. I just want to get that settled as well so that as soon as I start school, I will start work same day. Funds are depleting and its very expensive here and without any $$$ coming in, it becomes scary to even spend on basic needs.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2023
chrisoo:

Hi Aestake, you are very correct and I dont intent to go against my SP conditions. I just want to get that settled as well so that as soon as I start school, I will start work same day. Funds are depleting and its very expensive here and without any $$$ coming in, it becomes scary to even spend on basic needs.
Na so..welcome!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Depatek2050: 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2023
samuelkingz:

Bro congrats, Hope you are preparing for school. Please what is the tuition initial deposit for Canadore College, Looking at applying there.

Mr Paul I also have admission for September intake 2023 pls dm me let’s talk. Instagram Handel is de_patekengineeeing. Cheers
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by moneymagnetca: 2:34am On Apr 25, 2023
chrisoo:

Rent may appear high (normal for Toronto), but it is a good choice in the circumstances. You can search Facebook for Groups offering cash jobs/weekend jobs/part time jobs. However, knowing your skills and discipline will help give more targeted answer

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 25, 2023
Have been wondering where Nigerian students work here…not seen any of them at Tim Hortons selling coffee or at Mcdonalds flipping burger or doing fries. Where the job dey gan gan lol?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:09pm On Apr 25, 2023
ediblesz:
Have been wondering where Nigerian students work here…not seen any of them at Tim Hortons selling coffee or at Mcdonalds flipping burger or doing fries. Where the job dey gan gan lol?
those fast food restaurants are usually owned by Indians or Chinese. They usually employ only their people, funny how no one seems to complain about racism or discrimination. I guess thats only reserved for white people 🤔. There is a Nigerian student working in the fresco in my area. Seen some doing remote work, security, factory work, care work, make up artist etc .

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
ednut1:
those fast food restaurants are usually owned by Indians or Chinese. They usually employ only their people, funny how no one seems to complain about racism or discrimination. I guess thats only reserved for white people 🤔. There is a Nigerian student working in the fresco in my area. Seen some doing remote work, security, factory work, care work, make up artist etc .

True, most faces I see at McDonald’s are Chinese and at Tim Hortons they have plenty of those Indians, they hardly employ Nigerians or other blacks..like I don’t see blacks in those branches have been. Seems most of our ppl do more of driving, factory and care works. I was just wondering coz I hardly see Nigerians work in those restaurants.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2023
T

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2023
ediblesz:

True, most faces I see at McDonald’s are Chinese and at Tim Hortons they have plenty of those Indians, they hardly employ Nigerians or other blacks..like I don’t see blacks in those branches have been. Seems most of our ppl do more of driving, factory and care works. I was just wondering coz I hardly see Nigerians work in those restaurants.
the Chinese are rich and have money to buy those franchise. The Indians come together to buy the franchises like gas station and fast food. Unfortunately we are a one man mopol. We don’t really trust each other or some have had bad experiences. 3 Indian families can stay in one house so that they can acquire it faster and use the equity to buy other houses. Ordinary mother in law or sibling of the other spouse comes to visit some Nigerians are always irritated and want them gone asap 🤣🤣

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 25, 2023
[quote author=ednut1 post=122740095]the Chinese are rich and have money to buy those franchise. The Indians come together to buy the franchises like gas station and fast food. Unfortunately we are a one man mopol. We don’t really trust each other or some have had bad experiences. 3 Indian families can stay in one house so that they can acquire it faster and use the equity to buy other houses. Ordinary mother in law or sibling of the other spouse comes to visit some Nigerians are always irritated and want them gone asap 🤣🤣
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Rapture07: 11:50am On Apr 26, 2023
ediblesz:

Is this your opinion? Or you are talking from an informed source? I have seen 3 Nigerians Working at MC Donald's, I have seen Arabs too work at Mc Donald's. I just feel most Nigerians would rather work security or in care homes rather than a fast food restaurant.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tenderjunkie: 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2023
Good day guys.

Please is driver's extract the same as international driving license?

I went to an FRSC office today and they had no idea what driver's extract was. Until I told them it was meant to be used abroad then they told me to do the international driving license.

Should I go ahead with the international driving license?

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.