Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Help A Psychological/depressed Friend - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help A Psychological/depressed Friend (479 Views)

Good Sex Great For Your Physical, Psychological Health / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed / Having Dry Throat And Sharp Pains. Feeling Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Psychological/depressed Friend by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 01, 2019
my female colleague and close friend is suffering from depression, she will be thinking of something negative all the time. swing of mood, and will be hallucinating unnecessary.... at some point she started losing focus @ work and some social outing. is this natural? do u think she should see a psychiatrist? what do you think is the root caused of this?

kindly help,

cc mynd44 Seun lalasticlala
Re: Help A Psychological/depressed Friend by adun99(f): 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2019
She may be going through emotional and or psychological problems. Get her to talk and also seek assistance from expert
Re: Help A Psychological/depressed Friend by fykes(m): 8:27pm On Jan 01, 2019
How old is she?
Depression is in stages and age and experience plays a critical role in diagnosis.
What u may not know is that what u just expressed can be found in 2 out of every 3 persons u meet today albeit in varying degrees.

1 Like

Re: Help A Psychological/depressed Friend by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2019
adun99:
She may be going through emotional and or psychological problems. Get her to talk and also seek assistance from expert

thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Help A Psychological/depressed Friend by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2019
fykes:
How old is she?
Depression is in stages and age and experience plays a critical role in diagnosis.
What u may not know is that what u just expressed can be found in 2 out of every 3 persons u meet today albeit in varying degrees.

she is 30
Re: Help A Psychological/depressed Friend by fykes(m): 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
fakeprophet:

she is 30
Well she's a grown woman... Lots of issues could be responsible for her state of mind but u can be sure she won't easily be suicidal.
She's had highs and lows in life and it will take a lot for her to become suicidal. Having said that, whatever be the case.... In words, thoughts and actions, Think of ways to improve her self confidence...
U know someone she may like to meet, facilitate it, u know somewhere she may want to go, get her a ticket, whatever helps her feel good about herself is her cure.
A grown woman is bedeviled by lots of issues she can't talk about for lots of reasons.
But if u can do whatever it takes to give her self esteem a boost "without invading her space," she will even open up to u about the root cause.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Help A Psychological/depressed Friend by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 02, 2019
fykes:

Well she's a grown woman... Lots of issues could be responsible for her state of mind but u can be sure she won't easily be suicidal.
She's had highs and lows in life and it will take a lot for her to become suicidal. Having said that, whatever be the case.... In words, thoughts and actions, Think of ways to improve her self confidence...
U know someone she may like to meet, facilitate it, u know somewhere she may want to go, get her a ticket, whatever helps her feel good about herself is her cure.
A grown woman is bedeviled by lots of issues she can't talk about for lots of reasons.
But if u can do whatever it takes to give her self esteem a boost "without invading her space," she will even open up to u about the root cause.
Good luck.

thanks so much

(1) (Reply)

Look At The Shittery I'm Seeing As I Wake Up This Morning / 5 Foods You Should Never Eat Before Bed Time / Kegel Exercise: The Natural Premature Ejaculation Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.