Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand (5901 Views)

Thinking Of Owning A Blog? You Should Consider These Tips Before you start / Buying A Domain From Namecheap With GTB Naira Mastercard. / Please I Want To Buy A Domain Name For My Site I Don't Know How To. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
Do you want to register a domain name for your business or personal blog site? Are you considering starting a business and wish to register the business name soon? With so many domains and business names already registered and currently in use, it is very difficult to find a good one.

Sometimes I create blogs for different purposes but the hardest part is finding a good domain name. Even on social media, I have seen friends who asked for others to suggest good names for them. This can also happen when you are about to register a business name.

There are some vital things we must consider when choosing domain names or business names.

Email Address
Let assume you are satisfied with the domain name you find, for instance, mazinoweb.com. Try to see if the following email address mazinoweb[at]gmail.com or mazinoweb[at]yahoomail.com is not in used by anyone.

Try to create an email address with that same domain name. That is what I always do before registering a new domain name. So that even if I don't create a custom email for the domain, I will still have an email that matches my domain name.

With this way, you prevent scrupulous individuals from using your brand name to commit havoc. This also applies to register a business name. Business name different from email name may confuse your customers. For example, you are into real estate and you registered the business name Real Estate Guardian, and your email address is abcrealestat[at]gmail.com or info[at]abcrealstate.com, you are indirectly creating a weak brand name.

Social Media Profiles
Take it or leave it, every business needs social media presence. Big brands are making use of it. Social media has come to stay so when registering a domain or business name, try to see if the social media names are available. For instance, when registering mazinoweb.com, I make sure that no one was using mazinoweb on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as username. Facebook.com/Mazinoweb, Twitter.com/Mazinoweb, Instagram.com/Mazinoweb and even other social networking sites like Reddit and Linkedin are all the same. I also created a Nairaland account with the same username. This how you can create your unique brand name for your business.

It is good to have one unique name for your business, be it an online or offline business. What do you think?

Culled from https://www.mazinoweb.com/2017/02/registering-domain-name-business-name.html

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by BoneBlogger(m): 10:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
If only a lot of business owners understand this. I agree with you here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by Yeyegist(f): 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
So true. I hope no one is using instagram.com/nairaland? grin

Oh really, one Adeyemi is using it.

Maybe Seun doesn't need it.

But the account owner left it dormant.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by Gossiplover: 10:47pm On Jan 01, 2019
Let me not say anything for now...
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by FunctionX(m): 7:00am On Jan 02, 2019
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by teejet: 7:00am On Jan 02, 2019
Good points

1 Like

Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by Tunasco4u(m): 7:02am On Jan 02, 2019
OK
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by olayemioshiyemi: 7:02am On Jan 02, 2019
Ok
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by HeWrites(m): 7:04am On Jan 02, 2019
For those who are into domain flipping

I have a brandable domain name idea for sale

Contact me on WhatsApp via my Signature if you're interested.
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by able1993(m): 7:15am On Jan 02, 2019
You are right to an extent, but one thing about all this is that business is evolving, you might not have thought of this before the business started and only start doing things like this after experience has come in, no perfect way to perfection anyway.....

Do you think you can't make it in life or you need success strategies, best ways to approach life, grooming and guidance, way to academic and business success, or motivational and inspirational articles, then visit www.motivate.com.ng
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 02, 2019
Blogtrovert

1 Like

Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by ebbydare(m): 7:22am On Jan 02, 2019
To check if your domain name is available, log on to https://hostlag.com
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by AmeLonRo(m): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2019
This is great news.

NOW, Every month we shall have a series of essay contests (maximum 600 words). This is to stimulate our writing, reading and communication skills. Three Winners of the essay contests will be chosen based on originality, structure and grammar. Winners each month will each get N400 airtime of any network sent to their phone numbers. For the month of January 2019, the essay contest is on the topic......

Continue at https://newkokoro.com/2019/01/02/win-n400-airtime-in-january-2019-essay-contest/
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by wizkidblogger(f): 8:03am On Jan 02, 2019
True talk. This was considered too when by this beautiful girls website here
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by deolag4rea(m): 8:30am On Jan 02, 2019
Well said, but most companies don't use such emails ...they rather use info@companyname.com or service@company name .com

1 Like

Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by Premiumwriter: 8:31am On Jan 02, 2019
Yeyegist:

are you trying to sell to Seun? cheesy
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by Mariangeles(f): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2019
Nice.
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by Mariangeles(f): 8:42am On Jan 02, 2019
Yeyegist:

Hmmm...business strategy cool

1 Like

Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 02, 2019
I love going through websites of Nairalanders that post contents here. I do this to see if their website practice excellence kind of thing.

Well, I won't rate your website as good or bad, but I will draw your attention to your social media links at your website's footer. They do not redirect to their respective social media profiles. Please correct this. Improve your brand across all platforms also, and keep up the good works. You will get better!

PS: When you have some good money, invest in a premium theme. It will bring some elegance to your blog. Happy New Year.

mazinoweb:
Do you want to register a domain name for your business or personal blog site? Are you considering starting a business and wish to register the business name soon? With so many domains and business names already registered and currently in use, it is very difficult to find a good one.

Sometimes I create blogs for different purposes but the hardest part is finding a good domain name. Even on social media, I have seen friends who asked for others to suggest good names for them. This can also happen when you are about to register a business name.

There are some vital things we must consider when choosing domain names or business names.

Email Address
Let assume you are satisfied with the domain name you find, for instance, mazinoweb.com. Try to see if the following email address mazinoweb[at]gmail.com or mazinoweb[at]yahoomail.com is not in used by anyone.

Try to create an email address with that same domain name. That is what I always do before registering a new domain name. So that even if I don't create a custom email for the domain, I will still have an email that matches my domain name.

With this way, you prevent scrupulous individuals from using your brand name to commit havoc. This also applies to register a business name. Business name different from email name may confuse your customers. For example, you are into real estate and you registered the business name Real Estate Guardian, and your email address is abcrealestat[at]gmail.com or info[at]abcrealstate.com, you are indirectly creating a weak brand name.

Social Media Profiles
Take it or leave it, every business needs social media presence. Big brands are making use of it. Social media has come to stay so when registering a domain or business name, try to see if the social media names are available. For instance, when registering mazinoweb.com, I make sure that no one was using mazinoweb on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as username. Facebook.com/Mazinoweb, Twitter.com/Mazinoweb, Instagram.com/Mazinoweb and even other social networking sites like Reddit and Linkedin are all the same. I also created a Nairaland account with the same username. This how you can create your unique brand name for your business.

It is good to have one unique name for your business, be it an online or offline business. What do you think?

Culled from https://www.mazinoweb.com/2017/02/registering-domain-name-business-name.html
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by ellguapo: 9:02am On Jan 02, 2019
Well, if you brand is successful. You can just buy off the conflicting social media domain. Easy peasy
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by Lagosfinder(m): 9:05am On Jan 02, 2019
A guide to new biz starters this new year
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by donqx: 9:24am On Jan 02, 2019
smiley
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by Greatzeus(m): 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2019
mazinoweb:

Email Address

Social Media Profiles

Hi,I started learning web design few months back,now I am building a web site using word press,but with an offline tool. I hope to make it my blog when I'm ready to buy hosting right and domain.
My questions are:
1. Will I have to change the website name I am using to build my blog currently when I want to buy hosting and domain?
2. How will I transfer the site I built to the hosting server I will register too? Most tutorials I watched started with buying hosting and domain before building the site. But I am building the website first.
Re: Consider These Things Before Registering A Domain/Business Name For A Good Brand by Ayobami7(m): 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2019
Noted

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Professional Website Design and Development Training In Ibadan / Why Nigeria Blogs Are Semi-rated And Unprofessional / Brothers Status For Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.