Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves (25033 Views)

Reverend Sister Dances To Kizz Daniel's Buga Song (Photos, Video) / What Do You Think About Oneticket Kizz Daniel FT Davido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by nex(m): 6:53am On Jan 02, 2019
2018 has been a super eventful year for the Nigerian music industry and particularly so for two talented artists who are both favourites of mine. Adekunle Gold and Kizz Daniel.

In a year where Kizz Daniel had quite an impressive run of hit songs including features, his brand equity only made marginal gains. Whereas, with scarcely any major hit song (besides IRE) to his name in the year under review, Adekunle Gold was able to parlay his new album to create tremendous wins and leaps for his brand.

The fact is, although Kizz Daniel’s pen game and general music sense is universes away from his peers, his brand has not kept pace with his insane talent over the years, leaving great room for improvement. On the other hand, Adekunle Gold’s brand has been the most innovative Nigerian music brand in the last 12 months, in my books, and I think KD will do well to borrow a leaf or two from the ‘Gold Standard’ for a high impact 2019.

Some Areas Of Focus Kizz Daniel Can Learn From Adekunle Gold Would Include:

Communication & Fan engagement:

The KD brand can definitely learn something from AG’s communication style to improve his current aloof and impersonal communication on social media. Getting out reasoned responses to genuine enquiries or promptly addressing little PR hiccups appear to be a chore for the KD camp, and is not a good look.

AG’s communication, however, is generally cordial, heartfelt, personal, reasoned and confident, and so his message is always well received by his audience. KD will do well to retool his team to communicate better in 2019.

Brand Identity:

Adekunle Gold has gone to great lengths in the course of this year to refine and elaborate on his brand persona.

So, who is Adekunle Gold?

He is a Nigerian urban-highlife musician and performer who makes music with meaning marrying the English language and Yoruba in a unique way to pass his message. He has an amazing band called the 79th element and together they have consistently owned many stages with their exhilarating performances and quality entertainment his fans have come to expect as standard.

His personal style is cool and unassuming, but on stage, he is a rock star through and through with his contemporary take on traditional outfits and fabrics.

Who is Kizz Daniel?

He is an inordinately gifted Afropop hit maker also known as Vado who gave us hits like 4dayz, One ticket, and Baba in the last 12 months and…. Unlike AG, KD’s personal style is at best confusing and could do with a little style intervention.

Strategy: Where AG has been intentional and strategic with his moves this year, KD has been anything but. Nothing highlights this difference in approach like the roll out of both artists’ albums. “About 30” had a well planned, perfectly executed roll out where AG treated fans and industry heads to an album listening exhibition that lasted a couple of days and plenty of promotion on diverse platforms and mediums.

While KD’s “No bad songs” 20 track album was basically just dumped on us. To the same point, it is instructive that in a year where everyone and their grandmas put up their own end of year shows, KD and his team were unable to put together a show for their teeming fans in Lagos this December. Of course, AG successfully held a 3-day residency at Terra Kulture this December, a first among his contemporaries.

Performance: AG has made significant and consistent improvements in the nature and quality of his performances. This is no mere coincidence but a testament to a deep respect and appreciation for his fans and a commitment to reciprocate the love by delivering quality entertainment .

AG unveiled his 79th element band in May 2017 and has since had a fine run of incredible performances with them. I’m not saying that KD should have a band, but he has not shown any real commitment to improving his performance craft in like forever, making him one of the most underwhelming performers in the industry. I see a real opportunity for growth and world domination here.

I see absolutely no reason why KD cannot win 2019 if he applies himself and carefully retools his management team with top talent not industry jobbers and vultures who are probably circling already.

Anything short of a top 3 finish atop the Afropop scene in 2019 would be unacceptable. I’m tired of seeing him so talented and yet so underrated, even overlooked sometimes.

So, cheers to a supernova 2019 for two of my faves!!!

PS: AG is my talent manager and brand strategist of the year.

Obinna Agwu
Entertainment & Artist Manager
Lagos, Nigeria.

SOURCE: http://www.barbaric.com.ng/a-tale-of-two-faves-adekunle-gold-and-kizz-daniel

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by helinues: 7:07am On Jan 02, 2019
They are both good and creative
Originality
Create their own niche
Simple just that Kizz shoulders don dey pass his head these days.

To me oo, Ire by Adekunle Gold is an evergreen song.

56 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Middlewealth: 7:07am On Jan 02, 2019
Kk
Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 02, 2019
Adekunle Gold i know, Kizz Daniel I don’t

8 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:09am On Jan 02, 2019
Kiss our guy!

Yeba on repeat..........

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Tunasco4u(m): 7:09am On Jan 02, 2019
If you have anything to say with this space please call me grin
Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Adeoludt(m): 7:11am On Jan 02, 2019
I dey come back
Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 02, 2019
Okay
Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Jestin: 7:13am On Jan 02, 2019
azraeljaheel:
Adekunle Gold i know, Kizz Daniel I don’t

This is 2019

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 02, 2019
Wakanda poo is this na
Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 02, 2019
tongue
Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by FunctionX(m): 7:21am On Jan 02, 2019
Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Mkmoney(m): 7:24am On Jan 02, 2019
Adekunle gold undecided Like seriously

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Topmaike007(m): 7:27am On Jan 02, 2019
brymo I know Biko, all brymo fans should pls hit the like and share button it they are in support that brymo is the Best among his peers.

118 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by kehinde1588(m): 7:27am On Jan 02, 2019
OP that's your own opinion

All I know is Reekado banks is better than both of them. His vocal sound is super duper.

3 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Shortyy(f): 7:27am On Jan 02, 2019
I really don't dig Adekunle Gold's songs. Prolly cuz I don't understand the lyrics.

2 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by 2019elections: 7:29am On Jan 02, 2019
Can u just give it to Brymo and Burna boy pls as champions of 2018

OK, back to the Europa league:

Hits: When I say hits, I mean the reception from an average Nigerian---- KD

Song content--- I give it to AG.

Stage performance- AG (fan of live bands as I can't pay for shows and be hearing songs played from home theatre while d artiste frogs around).

Overall, I give it to "Teni" - the next big thing

Also, watch out for Airforce1, this year is his year.

27 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Teebilion: 7:29am On Jan 02, 2019
Likes for Adekunle, shares for kiss Daniel.... A poll will determine

43 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by SolexxBarry(m): 7:30am On Jan 02, 2019
If Kizz sees this he would probably just laugh it off

U cant compare Vado the Great to AG abeg,AG is good but KD is more versatile

This year y'all will soon compare me to the likes of Davido amen...

10 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Henrybliz(m): 7:34am On Jan 02, 2019
WTF did u just compare kiss daniel to adekunle gold?

4 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by AmeLonRo(m): 7:35am On Jan 02, 2019
Great guys. kudos to both of them.

ANYWAY, Every month we shall have a series of essay contests (maximum 600 words). This is to stimulate our writing, reading and communication skills. Three Winners of the essay contests will be chosen based on originality, structure and grammar. Winners each month will each get N400 airtime of any network sent to their phone numbers. For the month of January 2019, the essay contest is on the topic......

Continue at https://newkokoro.com/2019/01/02/win-n400-airtime-in-january-2019-essay-contest/
Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by lenghtinny(m): 7:40am On Jan 02, 2019
This write-up is on point.....

Kizz Daniel should realize his brand is more than posing with beret and cars on IG......

In 2018, Dude displaced Tekno as the next best thing after Wizkid and Davido. The songs I don't fancy on his NBS album are not up to four out of twenty tracks. Not to talk of the impressive features he got on last year yet dude couldn't put together his own end of the year concert.

Dude's got the talent but he should know that Good music is not enough, he needs a good PR management that knows their onions to manage him this 2019. That his manager needs to do more than getting involved in backstage fights.

Someone said hi shoulders his above his head which might be partly true. What gave Woju massive airplay back in 2014 was the radio tour he engaged in with G-worldwide then. But he prolly thought he's too big for that.

Kizz should start headlining his own shows instead of queueing at someone else's show to avoid embarrassment like the one at Davido's concert.

For someone acknowledged by the likes of Diplo, he needs to do more than posing like a model on IG and put his PR team to serious work....

13 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by MufasaRebirth: 7:45am On Jan 02, 2019
Adekunle Gold

Smh sad
Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by cocobuter: 7:46am On Jan 02, 2019
Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by VonTrapp: 7:48am On Jan 02, 2019
I'll take Adekunle Gold over kizz daniel any day, his songs make more sense to me

4 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Amiblaize77(f): 7:50am On Jan 02, 2019
This one really get time, when there are more pressing issues in the world.

1 Like

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by Austeeenxx: 7:53am On Jan 02, 2019
Please, there can only be one KD; kevin durant.

2 Likes

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by 1Poposki1(m): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2019
VonTrapp:
I'll take Adekunle Gold over kizz daniel any day, his songs make more sense to me

Von Trapp right now...

Re: Kizz Daniel And Adekunle Gold – A Tale Of Two Faves by ajayiopy: 8:29am On Jan 02, 2019
Topmaike007:
brymo I know Biko, all brymo fans should pls hit the like and share button it they are in support that brymo is the Best among his peers.
BRYMO SONG IS VERY 9ICE BUT NOT MARKETABLE IN NIGERIA because 95% LISTEN TO BEAT NOT LYRICS.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Amazing Guinness World Records / Hairiest Girl In Nigeria 'queen Nonyerem' / Davido's Sold-out Concert At London's O2 Arena (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.