Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

How Old Is Your Current Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Old Is Your Current Device (2096 Views)

How Old Is Your Sim Card? / What Does Your Current Device Say About You / How Long Have You Been Using Your Current Earpiece? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old Is Your Current Device by aboyaji(m): 10:03am On Jan 02, 2019
My INFINIX Hot Note would be 4 years with me come April 2019.

The fascinating thing about this device is that I've not taken it to any phone repair shop from inception. It hasn't developed any form of fault that would require having it repaired. The screen is still clean.

But, a few weeks ago, the charging port stopped functioning as a result of a fall from a young kid I gave it to after requesting to watch movies with it. He brought it back and said "Bros, the charging port is shaking". I took it, examined it carefully and it was true. I was sad inwardly but acquiesced it.

He's just a boy, a kid. The deed has been done and I needed to repair it rather than complain.

A week later, the technician brought it back and I quickly checked the back and saw the sticker on the screw had been poked which voids the warranty if still under warranty - of course, it's no longer. I was very sad this time that the device had been unscrewed and undergone a repair for the first time in almost 4 years.

So, how long have you had yours without a repair?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by officialfestus(m): 10:26am On Jan 02, 2019
fero a5001 two years now after my former phone got spoilt
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by Rick9(m): 11:27am On Jan 02, 2019
14 Months
Leagoo Kiicaa Power
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by giftedben: 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2019
Gionee F103 pro I have had her for 3 years, she is lite and beautiful.
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by SkengRay: 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
Im using Camon X for a fucking month now. I regretted buying the phone cuz its always hanging
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by EBUBS(m): 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
I can't use a phone for over whole year
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by DannyJ19(m): 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2019
Since 2015
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by OgidiOlu3(m): 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2019
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 2014 (5 years)
Nokia N8 - 2012 (7 years)

Both devices still working fine although I've had to change battery and panel (water spill) of the Samsung. The Nokia, however, has never been unscrewed neither has any part been changed since I got it.
I just trust that brand and that's why I have ordered Nokia X6. I'd finally retire the N8 when the X6 arrives.
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 02, 2019
My device is nokia 2,nd its goin to 9 month, without any issue,it has nt even hang for once.. nokia na boss!!!
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by aboyaji(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2019
aro1:
My device is nokia 2,nd its goin to 9 month, without any issue,it has nt even hang for once.. nokia na boss!!!
OgidiOlu3:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 2014 (5 years)
Nokia N8 - 2012 (7 years)

Both devices still working fine although I've had to change battery and panel (water spill) of the Samsung. The Nokia, however, has never been unscrewed neither has any part been changed since I got it.
I just trust that brand and that's why I have ordered Nokia X6. I'd finally retire the N8 when the X6 arrives.

Nokia is Legendary
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by calddon(m): 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2019
Lg v20, 2months 2days, 13hours and 29secs....

My longest serving phone. As an audiophile the DAC experience gat me stuck
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by Sunkyphil(m): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2019
my r5plus will be 6months later this month
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by aboyaji(m): 4:10pm On Jan 02, 2019
calddon:
Lg v20, 2months 2days, 13hours and 29secs....

My longest serving phone. As an audiophile the DAC experience gat me stuck
you've got time on your side.
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2019
Note4 Pro.. 13months
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by kasimseun(m): 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2019
Xiaomi redmi note4x 17months
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by Yyvonne: 4:00am On Jan 03, 2019
My tecno spark 2 is 6 months now... It's been serving me well
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by Baroba(m): 7:08am On Jan 03, 2019
Mi Max 1, 19 months today, the phone dey play Karo Karo atimeses, one moment scroll effect is so smooth, next minute its opening pages I do not intend to open, keyboard gets erratic atimes . Battery not as strong as before but I still get 7 hours SOT. Am definitely getting what ever MI Max version that drops this year..
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by nurey(m): 9:39am On Jan 03, 2019
Sagem MC3000 passed from my dad to me currently 25 years in the family

I kept it cause it reminds me of where I am coming from.
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:40am On Jan 03, 2019
nurey:
Sagem MC3000 passed from my dad to me currently 25 years in the family

I kept it cause it reminds me of where I am coming from.

How so bro? The phone was announced in 2001 na.
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by nurey(m): 11:30am On Jan 03, 2019
OgidiOlu3:

How so bro? The phone was announced in 2001 na.

Announced not made or released then
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by OgidiOlu3(m): 11:34am On Jan 03, 2019
nurey:

Announced not made or released then

Ok. You got it before it was announced? Just asking.
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by nurey(m): 11:42am On Jan 03, 2019
OgidiOlu3:

Ok. You got it before it was announced? Just asking.

Bros nawa for you.

I was just kidding about the year, the phone still works and yes it was given to me by my dad but it's in storage I don't even know what year he bought it.
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by OgidiOlu3(m): 11:59am On Jan 03, 2019
nurey:

Bros nawa for you.

I was just kidding about the year, the phone still works and yes it was given to me by my dad but it's in storage I don't even know what year he bought it.

No mind me. Lol.
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by yungrylex00(m): 12:07pm On Jan 03, 2019
Iv been using infinix hot 2 since the time it was launched and im stil usin it tho its a second phone now
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by tshabalala: 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2019
tecno w5 2 years without repair and tecno k9 1 year today but the back camera stopped working few months again
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by Jummyju: 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2019
Huawei P10, 6 months, zero issues. Check my profile for the picture of the phone.
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by Simeony007(m): 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
My infinix zero 2, I just too like that phone. I think is up to 4 years now.

The camera is bae.

If not for the camera I must have sold it long ago with the stupid battery life
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2019
Two years
Samsung Galaxy s7
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by Zannx(m): 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
Iphone 6s plus.. 14 months
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by 1F30M4(f): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2019
aboyaji:
My INFINIX Hot Note would be 4 years with me come April 2019.

The fascinating thing about this device is that I've not taken it to any phone repair shop from inception. It hasn't developed any form of fault that would require having it repaired. The screen is still clean.

But, a few weeks ago, the charging port stopped functioning as a result of a fall from a young kid I gave it to after requesting to watch movies with it. He brought it back and said "Bros, the charging port is shaking". I took it, examined it carefully and it was true. I was sad inwardly but acquiesced it.

He's just a boy, a kid. The deed has been done and I needed to repair it rather than complain.

A week later, the technician brought it back and I quickly checked the back and saw the sticker on the screw had been poked which voids the warranty if still under warranty - of course, it's no longer. I was very sad this time that the device had been unscrewed and undergone a repair for the first time in almost 4 years.

So, how long have you had yours without a repair?

Awwn sorry about your phone tho.. My Infinix Hot 3 will be 3yrs old in a few months time.. Just last year, it started giving me crazy malware issues which has made me conclude never to buy any Infinix phone ever again
Re: How Old Is Your Current Device by 1F30M4(f): 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2019
giftedben:
Gionee F103 pro
I have had her for 3 years, she is lite and beautiful.

That's nice, I'm thinking of getting a Gionee phone next just dunno which model yet

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best MTN Plan / Affordable Headphones That Has Good Sound Production From 3k / How To Activate Airtel 5GB For 1500, 3GB For 1000, 1.5GB For 500 And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.