Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss (1115 Views)

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 / China Edge Past Cameroon Into Last Eight 21 Jun | 06:22 © / Man United Fans Remain Resolute Despite Loss To Arsenal FC Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by Syenite(m): 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2010
Nigeria was beaten 1-0 by Guinea on Sunday, but still advanced 2-1 on aggregate to the final round of the AYC qualifier.

The Flying Eagles had won the first leg in Abuja by 2-0 but were bracing for an onslaught in Conakry.

While the onslaught came as expected, John Obuh's wards held out until the second half, when they went a goal behind. But the Junior Syli stars failed to find another goal, and Nigeria progressed. The flying eagles will meet either Mauritius or Zambia in the final leg of qualifiers.
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by honeric01(m): 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2010
Good one, now we are to play Madagascar, that should be a walk in the park if we end up playing like a team. cool cool
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by Syenite(m): 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2010
honeric01:

Good one, now we are to play Madagascar, that should be a walk in the park if we end up playing like a team. cool cool

Nops! bros It's winner between Mauritius and Zambia.
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by honeric01(m): 10:45pm On Aug 08, 2010
^^

Where did you get that from? i thought it was Madagascar? they won their match today 3 : 1 or am i mixing up Madagascar with Mauritius? undecided
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by 12large: 10:49pm On Aug 08, 2010
yeah honeric you are probably watching "escape from madagasca" so you thought is the same with mauritious
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by honeric01(m): 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2010
YEA YEA YEA i mixed up the names, it's Mauritius, all the same, we should beat them if we play well.
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by Syenite(m): 7:18am On Aug 09, 2010
More results:-
Uganda 1 Egypt 0 .Egypt advance 2-1
Senegal 0 Morocco 0. Senegal advance 2-0
Kenya 1 Sudan. Kenya advance 3-0
Tanzania 1 Cote d' Voire 1. Cote d' Voire advance 2-1
Sierra Leone 0 Gambia 0. Gambia advance 4-1
Namibia 1 Ghana 1. Ghana advance 5-1
Burkina Faso 2 Benin 4. Benin advance 4-2
Gabon 3 Angola 0. Gabon advance 3-2
Rwanda 2 Congo 1. Congo advance 3-2
Guinea 1 Nigeria 0. Nigeria advance 2-1
Mauritius 3 Zambia 1. Mauritius advance 3-2
Lesotho 1 South Africa 2. Lesotho adcance 3-2
Central Africa 1 Cameroun 1. Cameroun advance 5-1
Tchad 0 Mali 2. Mali advance 4-0

Nigeria's next opponent is Mauritius
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by Syenite(m): 7:41am On Aug 09, 2010
Final round of matches:First leg-24,25,26 sept. 2010
Second leg-22,23,24 oct. 2010

First leg fixtures:-
Congo PR vs Cameroun
Mauritius vs Nigeria
Senegal vs Egypt
Kenya vs Lesotho
Gambia vs Ivory Coast
Benin vs Ghana
Mali vs Gabon

7 qualifiers join hosts Libya for the AYC in January 2011. Ghana are the defending Champions
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by nomoneydow: 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2010
thanks for sharing
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by honeric01(m): 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2010
So South Africa lost to Lesotho at home even though they beat Lesotho away?
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by Fogman(m): 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2010
What a slim victory!
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by ow11(m): 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2010
I hope Fortune Chukwudi is not in this team!
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by semid4lyfe(m): 1:20am On Aug 10, 2010
ow11:

Na him be captain sef grin
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by mamagee3(f): 2:01am On Aug 10, 2010
The flying eagles should have brought this form to the world cup.

Instead they chose to embarass themselves.
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by Syenite(m): 2:12pm On Aug 10, 2010
ow11:

So who should be in the team? You? smiley
As far as the FIFA MRI scan is concerned Chukwudi is 18yrs old. Period!
mama-gee:

The flying eagles should have brought this form to the world cup.

Instead they chose to embarass themselves.

Mama-gee, I think we need to clear the dust for you. THE FLYING EAGLES TEAM IS DIFFERENT FROM THE SUPEREAGLES.

Players 17yrs and under form the Golden Eaglets team
Players 20yrs and under form the Flying Eagles team
Players 23yrs and under form the Olympic Team
The most senior national team are the Super Eagles.

Hope that helped?
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by ow11(m): 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2010
Please, mama-gee needs 16hrs intensive lectures on ''football, rules and history'' . . . .Any volunteers??

Syenite:

As far as the FIFA MRI scan is concerned Chukwudi is 18yrs old. Period!

When the Guinean FA petitions FIFA with Amiesimaka's testimony that is in the public domain and request another MRI scan to be held in Conakry or Zurich (NOT the dagbo one NFF did), You will be the first to switch sides and call Obuh a slowpoke. . . .
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by Syenite(m): 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2010
ow11:

Please, mama-gee needs 16hrs intensive lectures on ''football, rules and history'' . . . .Any volunteers??

It's quite obvious that the only tournament she's watched so far is just the last WC cos all her comments have shown that. I am sure she will soon mistake the Super Falcons for the Super Eagles.

ow11:

When the Guinean FA petitions FIFA with Amiesimaka's testimony that is in the public domain and request another MRI scan to be held in Conakry or Zurich (NOT the dagbo one NFF did), You will be the first to switch sides and call Obuh a slowpoke. . . .

As far as FIFA is concerned the Chukwudi age saga is case closed.
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by mamagee3(f): 11:55pm On Aug 10, 2010
Syenite:

As far as the FIFA MRI scan is concerned Chukwudi is 18yrs old. Period!Mama-gee, I think we need to clear the dust for you. THE FLYING EAGLES TEAM IS DIFFERENT FROM THE SUPEREAGLES.

Players 17yrs and under form the Golden Eaglets team
Players 20yrs and under form the Flying Eagles team
Players 23yrs and under form the Olympic Team
The most senior national team are the Super Eagles.

Hope that helped?

Thanks brother, I'm fully cleared.

The Nigerian Football association wouldn't come up with names for a team if it doesn't end with "Eagles"

I was a bit confused.

Syenite:

It's quite obvious that the only tournament she's watched so far is just the last WC cos all her comments have shown that. I am sure she will soon mistake the Super Falcons for the Super Eagles.
Don't blame me. . .Here in the U.S. we hardly watch football except the World Cup.

That's why I plan on moving to England.
Re: Flying Eagles Edge Past Guinea Despite Loss by Syenite(m): 9:03am On Aug 11, 2010
Mama-gee you are in-deed smiley

(1) (Reply)

Dstv Xmas Promo / John Terry Charged Over Alleged Racist Ferdinand Comments / Chelsea Fans In Nigeria Celebrate Mikel’s ‘euro Glory’ On 2nd Sept, 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.