Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently (592 Views)

Omohtee Speaks After Botched Cosmetic Surgery Left Her Suicidal / Help. The Vitiligo Spreading On My Lips Is Making Me Suicidal (pics) / Things You Can Relate To If You've Gone For HIV Test Before. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 03, 2019
Happy New Year, everyone!

The last 5 years of my existence have been the worst ever. Sometimes, I think nobody has it as bad as I do. Prolonged periods of depression coupled with disappointments, failures, strokes of ill-luck, and an unwillingness to continue living. I've been there. I live it, so I know what people who take their lives pass through in the moments leading up to the suicide. Some skins are thicker than most.

I don't want to bore you with details but this festive season was the worst I'd ever experienced. Whilst most people were in a jolly good mood, I was suffering. I wanted to die. I just wanted to end it all. Like a lot of depressed people, I mask it with sarcasm, humour and sexual activities. It's almost like I'm having a mid life crisis in my mid twenties. "Who did I offend to deserve this?" I often ask myself. "Who else goes through this? I must be alone in this. What's there to live for? I'm sure nobody miss me when I'm gone."

While many people have different reasons for wanting to end their lives, it all boils down to disappointment in oneself, which ever way you look at it. I've always been of the opinion of living according to one's clock but it's extremely difficult not to observe your peers basking in success and recognition while you seem to be fading into oblivion. I find it difficult to talk to people about it because for the most part, people just like to hear your problems but not following up even though they have the means to.
I've given up more times than I can count but I remember the saying, 'when there's life, there's hope'. I recently read a journal I wrote when I was 24, I said in it that I would kill myself if my dreams don't begin to actualize by 30. I'm 26 now and I still feel that way sometimes.

For those of you in my shoes, after the death of DJ Exgee, we need to come out of the closet and really talk about it. No more, abeg.

God help us all.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2019
Earthbound:
Happy New Year, everyone!

The last 5 years of my existence have been the worst ever. Sometimes, I think nobody has it as bad as I do. Prolonged periods of depression coupled with disappointments, failures, strokes of ill-luck, and an unwillingness to continue living. I've been there. I live it, so I know what people who take their lives pass through in the moments leading up to the suicide. Some skins are thicker than most.

I don't want to bore you with details but this festive season was the worst I'd ever experienced. Whilst most people were in a jolly good mood, I was suffering. I wanted to die. I just wanted to end it all. Like a lot of depressed people, I mask it with sarcasm, humour and sexual activities. It's almost like I'm having a mid life crisis in my mid twenties. "Who did I offend to deserve this?" I often ask myself. "Who else goes through this? I must be alone in this. What's there to live for? I'm sure nobody miss me when I'm gone."

While many people have different reasons for wanting to end their lives, it all boils down to disappointment in oneself, which ever way you look at it. I've always been of the opinion of living according to one's clock but it's extremely difficult not to observe your peers basking in success and recognition while you seem to be fading into oblivion. I find it difficult to talk to people about it because for the most part, people just like to hear your problems but not following up even though they have the means to.
I've given up more times than I can count but I remember the saying, 'when there's life, there's hope'. I recently read a journal I wrote when I was 24, I said in it that I would kill myself if my dreams don't begin to actualize by 30. I'm 26 now and I still feel that way sometimes.

For those of you in my shoes, after the death of DJ Exgee, we need to come out of the closet and really talk about it. No more, abeg.

God help us all.

Lalasticlala

You have to be positive, that's after the rain, comes sunshine
After the storm, calmness.

So many people also went through worse than you did, yet they survived, things got better.

You can still achieve all what you want if you don't give up, some people were 26, with a bleak future, and by 28, became CEOs.

Pray, become a better Catholic, have Faith in God to answer your prayers and try to network with the right group of people who can give you info that will uplift you.

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 03, 2019
sexybaby22:

You have to be positive, that's after the rain, comes sunshine
After the storm, calmness.

So many people also went through worse than you did, yet they survived, things got better.

You can still achieve all what you want if you don't give up, some people were 26, with a bleak future, and by 28, became CEOs.

Pray, become a better Catholic, have Faith in God to answer your prayers and try to network with the right group of people who can give you info that will uplift you.
Thanks. smiley
Re: Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently by Acidosis(m): 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2019
..very good thread.

I think people generally need to begin to understand their temperaments, and learn to embrace their innate qualities, not deny them. Some are good talkers, some live for the attention, some want to be praised for their achievements, some don't care who takes the praise, some want to work backstage, others just want to be alone most of the time. None is better than the other. We initiate depression when we begin force people to do things they are not comfortable with.

As individuals, we need to learn to develop a thick skin against the negative waves in the new age (social media age). Opinions are by far the cheapest commodities in the marketplace today, and a lot of people come to this market to sell their opinions. Among these people are nincompoops and nonentities. So as individuals, we shouldn't go to the market with the aim of buying every opinion out there.

If you're an introvert, keep 85% introverts as friend. That way, nobody forces you to leave your house on friday nights, or shake your head and neck on Snapchat. If you live for the attention, keep 85% party loving and fun loving friends. That way, no one takes away your vibe with 'boredom'. And if you're not good at keeping good cycle of friends, live your life that way. Don't force it if it isn't comfortable, don't fake it.

No twisting or lies to win any "prize", we are not at war. The less lies we tell and the more we state stuffs just as they are, the less likely we'll live an unfulfilled life. It could be our relationship or workplace. No lies about yourself to get that job. Keep it straight 100%! If you have to lie about your innate quality to get that job or be with that woman/man, you will have to continue to live someone else's life to keep the job/relationship.

While some events are beyond our control, others happen due to failed expectations. Therefore, it is important to know your partner at the onset of the relationship. Knowing a partner does not end at knowing your partner's best food or sex position. Knowing who they are should include their temperaments, anger (grudge) management, attitude, ability to say sorry and admit mistakes, empathy, among others. When you know yourself and your partner, nothing, absolutely nothing will surprise you or go beyond your control.

I would really love to recommend the idea of having a role model but I don't believe in role model stuffs since no two persons are the same (however this is about me, someone else may have a differing view). If you do have a religion though, it's best to look up to your God and the Holy book in good and in bad times.

Men have a way of making their achievements a benchmark for others. Like they say: If we no make the money, wetin we gain?? Well, I gain life, peace of mind and the courage to mind my business.
This should be the watchword of any depressed person out there due to failing economy or relationship.

Nice thread once again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently by natnoble(m): 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2019
I have been struggling for some time . I have been moving on well by avoiding some social media platforms, forum and chats that seems to make me feel worthless or comparing myself to my mates. I talk to people who are not judgemental and can genuinely help or suggest options.
in all these my questions are, are there no over the counter drug that one can buy in Nigeria to ameliorate the condition? do we have psychiatrists around that can give therapy even if is on a group chat that one can log in and interact with?
nice thread.
Re: Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently by natnoble(m): 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2019
I have been struggling for some time . I have been moving on well by avoiding some social media platforms, forum and chats that seems to make me feel worthless or comparing myself to my mates. I talk to people who are not judgemental and can genuinely help or suggest options.
in all these my questions are, are there no over the counter drug that one can buy in Nigeria to ameliorate the condition? do we have psychiatrists around that can give therapy even if is on a group chat that one can log in and interact with?
hang on bro. there is hope as long as we are alive but none for the dead.
nice thread.

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently by CharlesJok3r: 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2019
I have entered o! lipsrsealed
Re: Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 03, 2019
Acidosis, natnoble, God bless you guys.
Re: Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently by bolinjkezzy(m): 8:03pm On Jan 03, 2019
Acidosis:
..very good thread.

I think people generally need to begin to understand their temperaments, and learn to embrace their innate qualities, not deny them. Some are good talkers, some live for the attention, some want to be praised for their achievements, some don't care who takes the praise, some want to work backstage, others just want to be alone most of the time. None is better than the other. We initiate depression when we begin force people to do things they are not comfortable with.

As individuals, we need to learn to develop a thick skin against the negative waves in the new age (social media age). Opinions are by far the cheapest commodities in the marketplace today, and a lot of people come to this market to sell their opinions. Among these people are nincompoops and nonentities. So as individuals, we shouldn't go to the market with the aim of buying every opinion out there.

If you're an introvert, keep 85% introverts as friend. That way, nobody forces you to leave your house on friday nights, or shake your head and neck on Snapchat. If you live for the attention, keep 85% party loving and fun loving friends. That way, no one takes away your vibe with 'boredom'. And if you're not good at keeping good cycle of friends, live your life that way. Don't force it if it isn't comfortable, don't fake it.

No twisting or lies to win any "prize", we are not at war. The less lies we tell and the more we state stuffs just as they are, the less likely we'll live an unfulfilled life. It could be our relationship or workplace. No lies about yourself to get that job. Keep it straight 100%! If you have to lie about your innate quality to get that job or be with that woman/man, you will have to continue to live someone else's life to keep the job/relationship.

While some events are beyond our control, others happen due to failed expectations. Therefore, it is important to know your partner at the onset of the relationship. Knowing a partner does not end at knowing your partner's best food or sex position. Knowing who they are should include their temperaments, anger (grudge) management, attitude, ability to say sorry and admit mistakes, empathy, among others. When you know yourself and your partner, nothing, absolutely nothing will surprise you or go beyond your control.

I would really love to recommend the idea of having a role model but I don't believe in role model stuffs since no two persons are the same (however this is about me, someone else may have a differing view). If you do have a religion though, it's best to look up to your God and the Holy book in good and in bad times.

Men have a way of making their achievements a benchmark for others. Like they say: If we no make the money, wetin we gain?? Well, I gain life, peace of mind and the courage to mind my business.
This should be the watchword of any depressed person out there due to failing economy or relationship.

Nice thread once again.
I wanted to say something to the OP, I read your comment and I just believe you said it all.
Nice one
Re: Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently by hahn(m): 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2019
Acidosis:
..very good thread.

Nice thread once again.

The only thing I can add to this is to recommend people to read

1. Why you act the way you do by Tim Lahaye

And

2. 48 Laws of power by Robert Greene

1 Like

Re: Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently by Fossil: 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2019
hahn:

The only thing I can add to this is to recommend people to read

1. Why you act the way you do by Tim Lahaye

And

2. 48 Laws of power by Robert Greene

Bro even to read self is like an Herculean task. Really how Do you guys do it
Re: Enter Here If You've Been Suicidal Recently by hahn(m): 6:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
Fossil:

Bro even to read self is like an Herculean task. Really how Do you guys do it

Open the book and start with the first word grin

(1) (Reply)

J / Coronavirus: Alleged Leak From China’s Tencent Puts Actual Death Toll At 24,589 / COVID-19: Anglican Church Enthroned/prensented her New Primate with empty pews.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.