Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,164 members, 7,829,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians (11681 Views)

Bill Gate's Daughter Announces Engagement To Young Egyptian Billionaire / Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud / Dont Be Proud Of Ur Salary Be Proud Of Ur Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by Aniacs(m): 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2019
The Pressure and Expectations from family and friends are too much making a young who earns 15-30k monthly a poor guy that has nothing to offer

the weak ones who couldn't bear the pressure either commits suicide or go into internet fraud and ritual killings to get enough money and at the end the society condemns you forgetting that they contributed majorly to your actions

trying to be a good person requires alot of capabilities and wisdom, sometimes I regret coming from Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by Bizibi(m): 4:07pm On Jan 03, 2019
lilbest4:
Legit hustle is shiiit
18k minimum wage won't feed you
Until government up their game, illegitimate hustle is the only way out
if I had this mentality, I won't be were I am now....

1 Like

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by olisaokere(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
yinkuscious:
DON'T BE ASHAMED OF YOUR LEGITIMATE HUSTLE - There is dignity in labour

One of the reasons why our society keep on experiencing the heart breaking stories of internet fraud, rituals and all sorts of unbelievable quest for getting rich scheme is our societal response and reactions to young people who desired to start small.

Few days ago, my sister reminded me of the saying "there is dignity in labor". That is, whatever you're doing, that is bringing food to your table, that is giving you joy and is not at the detriment of others, you should be proud of it.

But, reverse is the case these days. The process no longer matter, only the result, regardless of how you get the result.

Attentions are been given to those who are showing off and not those who are showing up to promote their trades.

Social media got it all blasted - In recent time, I noticed that if you post a picture of you in an exotic restaurant (even though you didn't buy anything) your social media connections will bless you with lots of reactions and comments, but if you post things about your business or services, you'll be given little attention, less reaction, no comment.

What is this data saying about our society? People don't care or give little attention to things that add value to your life, they don't want to support or show interest in your process.

Then people (victim of the societal judgment) decided to go into the get rich quick at all means, or die trying schemes.

And we all can see what this has caused us as a society.

Dear your people, be proud of your trade. Even if family and friends don't support you. Even if they pay no attention to you, God is a rewarded of hard work.
There are people who are taking note of your consistency, your ability and your sagacity.

It won't only give you peace of mind, it will allow you a beautiful legacy and a good place in history.

Don't fall for it, embrace your small beginning - those who look down on you didn't create you, they won't pay your bills for you.

To your shameless execution.

---
Olajide Ola'Emmanuel is a Data, Digital Media Associate, Author and an Entrepreneur.
I help businesses and individuals to leverage on the digital space to build their brands and also build influence.

Source -
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2006705816082104&id=100002281149798

Wonderful piece

1 Like

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
kiss kiss
Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by yinkuscious(m): 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
olisaokere:

Wonderful piece
thanks
Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by silent10(m): 4:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
Only if they will listen. Acquiring wealth through illegitimate means have become a norm in the society. You'll have to be a very good person to stick to your legitimate hustles only, Because even the so called good people are not that good cry
Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by sp2002(m): 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2019
I am a poultry farmer/consultant and property consultant

Legit lawon leyi, Ki Lo Kan EFCC

2 Likes

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by Ayobami7(m): 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2019
Wow

1 Like

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2019
Its a good thing we still have sane minds.

2 Likes

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by Charles4075(m): 6:01pm On Jan 03, 2019
lilbest4:

I tire for these people my brother. How much legitimate hustle go take feed person For this country wa we dey so

Who legitimate hustle help

Abegi, any way na way joor.

Do your legitimate, make I do my own as my body do me.

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by Abcruz(m): 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2019
amalab30:
I understand that there's dignity in Labour buh this country doesn't recognize that. Our problem is leadership, structure too. Imagine you working in an European country as you do here, you're making it.

Nigeria has been thrown into a furnace. It's burning daily.

A man who can advance forward without finding an excuse for Setback's is on his way to unfathomable success.
Because an excuse is capable of executing a man.

Take it to heart o simple one.!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by cooltola(m): 6:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
who said working or hustling legit will make you broke in the long run? That is a very bad judgment call and a poor man mindset, please change your mindset. Will you rather rob a bank or kidnap someone, spend the money lavishing but worry about if the police is after you or someone after your life? Ask Mr. Evan how far. Humble beginning can make you wealthy if you work hard and SMART, learn from your mistakes, improve on yourself , invest on yourself, get better at what you are doing , learn from other successful people, make investments that will give you returns in the future. Bill gates , Mark Zuckerburg all worked out well. Even Dangote worked for his money to become what he is today. You can be born in a very wealthy family and still turn out very poor , even very rich people get broke. Even Wizkid, Davido and the celebrities work hard. The story of prodigal son is a very real story, please be wise.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by molon23(m): 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
How? Please reach me on whatsapp 08038065937quote author=akeentech post=74414556]There are plenty ways for we youths to earn legitimate money, if you know you know. You can ask me how.[/quote]
Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by Galaxyowerri(m): 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
Great piece but unfortunately, this country has gone to the dogs completely!! Yahoo guys and others earning big through illegitimate means have muddled up things to such an extent that everyone who is below 35 and seems to be living large is automatically branded a yahoo guy. I have a brick and mortar business as well as being a freelancer which makes me to always be on my laptop in my office, now people are gossiping around that I'm doing Yahoo. Some bold ones even jokingly say it in my presence; tasteless jokes I don't find funny at all and I always counter them by calling them illiterates who don't know there are a million and one ways one can make money online legitimately. I have even told them to come so I can teach them if they have any skill to offer, yet non of them have taken my offer!!
I'm still single, have 24 hours light in my office through solar system and live in a 3 bedroom flat with my 2 siblings who are in the university with a gross earnings that average 300k monthly. I know once I buy a flashy car I have on my mind now, these enemies of progress will go on overdrive about how maga has paid. I know that there are many others like me in Nigeria today earning forex legitimately and portraying the country in good light only to be tagged Yahoo guys. Bastardized nation!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by abdeiz(m): 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
It stems in our value system right from a young age, instead of having values like honesty, kindness, altruism and the likes we have bad values like material success, pride, I better pass you mentality. It's messed up. And as predicted this post would be skipped by as people don't wanna be uncomfortable hearing the truth.

1 Like

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by adegeye38(m): 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2019
lilbest4:

Continue, na only u dey receive minimum wage, they are tons of legit hustle to do, without going illegitimate, hw can d country grow, if everybody turn fraudster?
Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by silento(m): 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2019
PotatoSalad:

10k for a website. You're mad o. Very very mad
WordPress developer when the website get issue he will disappear

2 Likes

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
akeentech:
There are plenty ways for we youths to earn legitimate money, if you know you know. You can ask me how.
how sir
Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by ardrockltd(m): 11:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
thanks for the encouragement

meanwhile
patronize us
Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by akeentech(m): 11:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
MuhammadWrites:
how sir
Contact me
Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by Antoeni(m): 12:35am On Jan 04, 2019
All Those Stupid Daft Foolish Yahoo Boys ,Slay King & Queen no go like to Read this Kind of Post ,This is New Year If you change your Ways ,then Your Destruction is Closer than you Know
Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by Asour: 3:30am On Jan 04, 2019
PotatoSalad:
10k for a website. You're mad o. Very very mad
Sorry for asking but why is he mad?
Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by marvinsync(m): 4:15am On Jan 04, 2019
yinkuscious:
DON'T BE ASHAMED OF YOUR LEGITIMATE HUSTLE - There is dignity in labour

One of the reasons why our society keep on experiencing the heart breaking stories of internet fraud, rituals and all sorts of unbelievable quest for getting rich scheme is our societal response and reactions to young people who desired to start small.

Few days ago, my sister reminded me of the saying "there is dignity in labor". That is, whatever you're doing, that is bringing food to your table, that is giving you joy and is not at the detriment of others, you should be proud of it.

But, reverse is the case these days. The process no longer matter, only the result, regardless of how you get the result.

Attentions are been given to those who are showing off and not those who are showing up to promote their trades.

Social media got it all blasted - In recent time, I noticed that if you post a picture of you in an exotic restaurant (even though you didn't buy anything) your social media connections will bless you with lots of reactions and comments, but if you post things about your business or services, you'll be given little attention, less reaction, no comment.

What is this data saying about our society? People don't care or give little attention to things that add value to your life, they don't want to support or show interest in your process.

Then people (victim of the societal judgment) decided to go into the get rich quick at all means, or die trying schemes.

And we all can see what this has caused us as a society.

Dear your people, be proud of your trade. Even if family and friends don't support you. Even if they pay no attention to you, God is a rewarded of hard work.
There are people who are taking note of your consistency, your ability and your sagacity.

It won't only give you peace of mind, it will allow you a beautiful legacy and a good place in history.

Don't fall for it, embrace your small beginning - those who look down on you didn't create you, they won't pay your bills for you.

To your shameless execution.

---
Olajide Ola'Emmanuel is a Data, Digital Media Associate, Author and an Entrepreneur.
I help businesses and individuals to leverage on the digital space to build their brands and also build influence.

Source -
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2006705816082104&id=100002281149798

ur epistle is nice and sweet and all but let's be realistic okay, people are hungry and suffering ,and it's not everyone that has access to knowledge and information , as big as nairaland is there are only 2million users and far less active users , what about the remaining 190+million population , most of the things u know about business and life millions don't even know or have access to that kind of information and with our bad educational system what do u want them to do ? drink garri for the rest of their lives ?, it's easy to say things like this when u have food to eat and know where your next meal is coming from ,90milliom Nigerians are living below the poverty line ! what do u really expect ?

now I'm not trying to justify criminal activities , but u gotta understand ,all these might not be a good reason to commit crime but it's a reason non the less and we could gather here and preach all day but the reality won't change because the reasons all these are happening are still there

1 Like

Re: Be Proud Of Your Legitimate Hustle - An Advice To Young Nigerians by PotatoSalad(m): 5:43am On Jan 04, 2019
Asour:

Sorry for asking but why is he mad?
If i were to be a client, I wouldn't take him seriously.
10k for a website. Is he editing templates or what? How long does it take to design a website that'll make one charge 10k?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria-china Currency Swap, Commendable, But Requires Caution -NANTS / Mitsubishi And Under 40 CEOs Set To Launch "Drive Your Ambition 2" / Fire At Jos Road In Kaduna: Shops At Automobile Spare Parts Market Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.