Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 (11203 Views)

How To Manage Your Salary Wisely / 4 Dream-killer Habits You Should Avoid In 2019 / Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by 24hoursreporter: 4:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
Time management is an important skill that most people don’t have. It actually requires discipline to cultivate the habit of managing time. But how many people are really disciplined when it comes to managing time? Very few.

Life often messes with people who played with their time when they had the opportunity. Time management is what differentiate successful people from others.

Isn’t it funny how people constantly set new goals for themselves every new year and never achieve them? It is not their village people, but they fail to manage their time effectively.

Irrespective of how well you map out your activities in 2019, if you don’t manage your time well, you aren’t going anywhere.

In this article, you will learn the ways to effectively manage your time in 2019.

7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019

#1. Take Note Of The Time You Spend On Everyday Task

One of the ways to effectively manage your time in 2019 is to track your activities. Take note of the time you spend on your everyday task.

Once you have the idea of the time it takes to get to the office, to send an email, to prepare a presentation and all other activities. With this, you can properly plan your day with a rough idea of how long you will spend on every activity in your schedule.

#2. Prepare A To-Do List For The Day

Proper planning of your day is an important aspect of time management. A to-do list is like a compass that direct you all through the day. It enables you to focus and avoid being distracted.

Ensure that your to-do list covers all your activities of the day. It is important to set a time limit for every activity for control purpose. Once you can do this, you will end up achieving about 95% of your task by the end of the day.

#3. Don’t Joke With Your Deadlines

Meeting up with looming deadlines is one of the ways to effectively manage your time in 2019. As a rule, get a calendar and mark all your deadlines.

A digital calendar is recommended as it will remind you when the time is approaching. People who use calendar seldom miss their deadlines and are very productive in their place of work.

#4. Sometimes, say No to things you didn’t plan for.

You must not please everybody. Sometimes, when you try to please everybody, you will end up forfeiting all your plans for the day.

So, there is nothing bad to say No to someone who tried to steal your time. You can always stylishly say no to any time-crunching request.

#5. Use Reminder Alerts For Appointments

It is a common habit among most people to miss important appointments. This could be as a result of their busy schedule and they end up forgetting.

Therefore, you can set the reminder alerts on your digital calendars to remind you on important appointments. This will definitely enable you to manage your time effectively.

#6. Start Planning For Your Next Day Activities The Night Before

One of the ways to effectively manage your time in 2019 is to start planning for your next day activities the night before.

Planning is best done at night before the previous day. This will definitely make you wake up to a productive day.

#7. Delegate If You Can

Delegation of tasks is one of the ways to effectively manage your time in 2019. You can assign a trusted family member to do your chores why you handle other deadlines.

Also, you can ask a colleague at work to help you do some pressing task. However, always remember to return the favor.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2019/01/03/7-ways-to-effectively-manage-your-time-in-2019/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by 24hoursreporter: 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
Must Read!!! 7 Mind Blowing But Controversial facts about birds ===> http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2019/01/01/7-mind-blowing-but-controversial-facts-about-birds/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Sirheny007(m): 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2019
angry
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by musicnmagic(m): 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2019
Whatever you do, Just make it count.
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2019
pheww

Most times your posts don't give room for debate and interactions.

This is one secret of successful bloggers.

They even make mistake on purpose or write something controversial to gain people's view and make the post more interactive.

I hope you learn.

To learn blogging, you can join my masterclass. wink

3 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Babiboy: 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2019
grin
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
Good stuff
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by akeentech(m): 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
Nice one Op and welcome to the blogging world...
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Jonadull: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
Trash trash trash
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by nicodenzzy(m): 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
angry
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Biodun1929(m): 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2019
8. Make sure you only come on nairaland at night, and spend not more than 1 hour. If people could calculate how much time they spend on nairaland, they would be shocked. Just try not visiting nairaland for a full day and you would realize how much time you have for so many other things.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2019
Easier said than done. What do you say of a person who leaves home as early as 5.30am to resume in a toxic working environment, been chronically micromanaged by his boss. You can't even do side stuffs. You have no control over your life. You return home late in the night. And if you consider side hustles to put someone in charge, the unfortunate fellow would rip you off. Back to square one!

Even on weekends, the time to plan is so short, that's if you don't even attend to some official issues. Before you know what's happening, the unfortunate Monday morning is here again. Same fvcking vicious cycle.

Time management is sweet when you're in control of your affairs/life.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Glorygrace(f): 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2019
Read the book Time management for better understanding.
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Jude500(m): 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
No matter what they say about your post, it is the best for me.... Keep it up

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Abatsam111(m): 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
shocked
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by 24hoursreporter: 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2019
Jude500:
No matter what they say about your post, it is the best for me.... Keep it up
thanks a million

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by mayornoc(m): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2019
24hoursreporter:
Time management is an important skill that most people don’t have. It actually requires discipline to cultivate the habit of managing time. But how many people are really disciplined when it comes to managing time? Very few.

Life often messes with people who played with their time when they had the opportunity. Time management is what differentiate successful people from others.

Isn’t it funny how people constantly set new goals for themselves every new year and never achieve them? It is not their village people, but they fail to manage their time effectively.

Irrespective of how well you map out your activities in 2019, if you don’t manage your time well, you aren’t going anywhere.

In this article, you will learn the ways to effectively manage your time in 2019.

7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019

#1. Take Note Of The Time You Spend On Everyday Task

One of the ways to effectively manage your time in 2019 is to track your activities. Take note of the time you spend on your everyday task.

Once you have the idea of the time it takes to get to the office, to send an email, to prepare a presentation and all other activities. With this, you can properly plan your day with a rough idea of how long you will spend on every activity in your schedule.

#2. Prepare A To-Do List For The Day

Proper planning of your day is an important aspect of time management. A to-do list is like a compass that direct you all through the day. It enables you to focus and avoid being distracted.

Ensure that your to-do list covers all your activities of the day. It is important to set a time limit for every activity for control purpose. Once you can do this, you will end up achieving about 95% of your task by the end of the day.

#3. Don’t Joke With Your Deadlines

Meeting up with looming deadlines is one of the ways to effectively manage your time in 2019. As a rule, get a calendar and mark all your deadlines.

A digital calendar is recommended as it will remind you when the time is approaching. People who use calendar seldom miss their deadlines and are very productive in their place of work.

#4. Sometimes, say No to things you didn’t plan for.

You must not please everybody. Sometimes, when you try to please everybody, you will end up forfeiting all your plans for the day.

So, there is nothing bad to say No to someone who tried to steal your time. You can always stylishly say no to any time-crunching request.

#5. Use Reminder Alerts For Appointments

It is a common habit among most people to miss important appointments. This could be as a result of their busy schedule and they end up forgetting.

Therefore, you can set the reminder alerts on your digital calendars to remind you on important appointments. This will definitely enable you to manage your time effectively.

#6. Start Planning For Your Next Day Activities The Night Before

One of the ways to effectively manage your time in 2019 is to start planning for your next day activities the night before.

Planning is best done at night before the previous day. This will definitely make you wake up to a productive day.

#7. Delegate If You Can

Delegation of tasks is one of the ways to effectively manage your time in 2019. You can assign a trusted family member to do your chores why you handle other deadlines.

Also, you can ask a colleague at work to help you do some pressing task. However, always remember to return the favor.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2019/01/03/7-ways-to-effectively-manage-your-time-in-2019/

Nice
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by MetroBaba1(m): 7:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
Glorygrace:
Read the book Time management for better understanding.

Time Management by who?
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Stevsun: 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
Have gone through stuff like this and have seen people acting exactly with your point of view..very OK for me.
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by koyeni(m): 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2019
sad
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by JoyNgofaa1(f): 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
Nina reflects over her year. She’s determined to make a better next year. Are you?
See what she's up to in this story:
THERMOSTAT
Click the link below

https:///2R0Be6e
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Herylovecoding: 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
Good write-up
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Darevofpeace(m): 3:16am On Jan 04, 2019
ceeroh:
Easier said than done. What do you say of a person who leaves home as early as 5.30am to resume in a toxic working environment, been chronically micromanaged by his boss. You can't even do side stuffs. You have no control over your life. You return home late in the night. And if you consider side hustles to put someone in charge, the unfortunate fellow would rip you off. Back to square one!

Even on weekends, the time to plan is so short, that's if you don't even attend to some official issues. Before you know what's happening, the unfortunate Monday morning is here again. Same fvcking vicious cycle.

Time management is sweet when you're in control of your affairs/life.
You have just explained the working life of an average Lagos residence, but on the other hand,there is always a particular nudging that seems not to go away in our heart, no matter how busy you are,we still squeeze time for priorities, ask yourself this question bro,if I do not have the opportunity of going to school,what will I do with my life? I asked myself this and I discovered my childhood passion and I am on it now.Check your goal's and re-visit your childhood dream's, I know thing's are very hard in Nigeria but we shall definitely leave this "harsh phase" someday.I celebrate you bro.
Re: 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 04, 2019
Darevofpeace:
You have just explained the working life of an average Lagos residence, but on the other hand,there is always a particular nudging that seems not to go away in our heart, no matter how busy you are,we still squeeze time for priorities, ask yourself this question bro,if I do not have the opportunity of going to school,what will I do with my life? I asked myself this and I discovered my childhood passion and I am on it now.Check your goal's and re-visit your childhood dream's, I know thing's are very hard in Nigeria but we shall definitely leave this "harsh phase" someday.I celebrate you bro.

You're right bro. I just explained my previous predicament. Though I'm no longer in that situation. I've moved on, found my passion and started something for myself. Still growing anyway.... We'll surely get there.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Medical Doctor Relocating To Nigeria Needs Advice / Career Advice: Should I Leave The Private Sector For The Public Sector? / Exxon Mobil Headquarters Shut Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.