Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

EPL: Alan Shearer Reveals Position Chelsea Will Finish This Season - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL: Alan Shearer Reveals Position Chelsea Will Finish This Season (386 Views)

Man United Will Finish The Season Trophyless After Losing To Sevilla In The UEL / EPL: Alan Shearer Reveals Two Clubs That Can Stop Liverpool From Winning Premier / Tottenham Hotspur 5-2 Southampton ▪ Harry Kane Breaks Alan Shearer's Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EPL: Alan Shearer Reveals Position Chelsea Will Finish This Season by 11Ebiscoo: 4:32pm On Jan 03, 2019
Premier League legend, Alan Shearer, has predicted that Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea will finish this season’s Premier League on a top-four position.

Shearer feels a top-four finish on the Premier League table would represent a good opening campaign for Sarri.

The former Newcastle striker stated this following Chelsea’s 0-0 draw with Southampton in the Premier League encounter on Wednesday night at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea were held to a goalless draw by struggling Southampton at home and Shearer also queried Sarri’s tactics

“I think he [Sarri] will be quite content at where they are,” Shearer said on BBC Radio Five Live.

“Chelsea’s aim this season will be to get into the top four again and at the minute, they are there.

“If they finish in there which I believe, then I think it will be a successful season for them. Obviously questions remain as to regarding Eden Hazard and where he will be, if he’s going to be there next season.”

Shearer added: “Is Sarri-ball when they ask a midfielder to get on the ball and pass it around.

“Hasn’t that happened since football started, no? I was just wondering exactly what it was, giving the ball to a centre-half, who can then give it to a midfielder who can then try and control the game.

“I don’t think that’s anything new to football, do you? Has no other team tried to play football through the middle of the park?”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/03/epl-alan-shearer-reveals-position-chelsea-will-finish-season/

Re: EPL: Alan Shearer Reveals Position Chelsea Will Finish This Season by Paschalp(m): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
You are a wise man
Sarriball is not a novelty to the style of play in football.
I believe the lack of urgency and the void of creative impact in sarris midfield and the holding position of the no9 position has caused us Chelsea regrettable points this season.

No creativity in the midfield at all lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Explains Paul Pogba Abesence In Dubai Training Camp / EPL : Manchester United Vs Chelsea - Sun April 28,2019 @ 4:30pm / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.