Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Is Running - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Running (825 Views)

7 Fantastic Ways To Keep Your Old Car Running Strong / Five Fluids You Should Check To Keep Your Car Running Smoothly / Toyota Camry: 5 Tips To Keep Your Car Running For A Long Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Running by shortgun(m): 9:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
How can FRSC official know the law more than a lawyer?
Since then he has been reading the FRSC act like he has an exam the next day.
Am lucky to be among the few he conscripted to proof FRSC was wrong and he was right.
Re: Is Running by emy77: 9:39am On Jan 04, 2019
If running a red light is not dangerous driving, what then is dangerous driving?

3 Likes

Re: Is Running by SpaceAngel: 10:00am On Jan 04, 2019
I'm fuming inside due to this question. Do you know the number of people that have been killed due to people running red lights. Anyone that does that is an idiot. It's just like moving against traffic. I can't believe a lawyer or whatever he is can be arguing over this. My friend was killed in Abuja due to this some years back. An idiot did same and hit his car at very high speed and both drivers died. Please for sake of sanity, remove this topic. Running red light is dangerous.
Re: Is Running by shortgun(m): 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2019
SpaceAngel:
I'm fuming inside due to this question. Do you know the number of people that have been killed due to people running red lights. Anyone that does that is an idiot. It's just like moving against traffic. I can't believe a lawyer or whatever he is can be arguing over this. My friend was killed in Abuja due to this some years back. An idiot did same and hit his car at very high speed and both drivers died. Please for sake of sanity, remove this topic. Running red light is dangerous.
So sorry to hear about your friend.
We all know its bad that's why it carries a penalty.
Personally, I don't run red lights no matter what.
I believe a crime should be properly defined.
Re: Is Running by shortgun(m): 12:03pm On Jan 04, 2019
emy77:
If running a red light is not dangerous driving, what then is dangerous driving?
Running a red light is an offence so is dangerous driving.
Re: Is Running by weyreypey: 3:57pm On Jan 04, 2019
shortgun:
My lawyer friend told me how he ran a red light and was arrested by FRSC officials.

He was taken to their office, as a lawyer he was confident, he knows the offence he commited and the penalty ,he knows that he will be booked for running a red light only.
But getting to office, the officials also slammed him with dangerous driving which carries about 50k fine.

He argued that he only ran a red light and the officials insisted running a red light is same as dangerous driving.
My guy come remove lawyer gown begin to beg that he should only be booked for beating light.
Last last, they had mercy on his soul and accepted the lesser offence. His ego shredded and battered, He has vowed not to take d defeat lying down.

How can FRSC official know the law more than a lawyer?
Since then he has been reading the FRSC act like he has an exam the next day.
Am lucky to be among the few he conscripted to proof FRSC was wrong and he was right. Pls help me out.
You deserve a hot slap for this nonsense post!!

Re: Is Running by kingreign(m): 4:28pm On Jan 04, 2019
It's same as dangerous driving. In some climes, it carries suspension of license and jail term while accompanying a fine.
Re: Is Running by RZArecta2(m): 4:34pm On Jan 04, 2019
Running a red light in most cases is as safe as laying a mat and laying down in the middle of a busy highway. You can make other road users happily crash their vehicles and most likely T-bone yours giving you wonderfully beautiful injuries or even blissfully painful death. Your friend should check that red light area he passed to see if his sense is on the ground around that vicinity. Thenk cool
Re: Is Running by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2019
Running a red light may very well be the exact definition of dangerous driving.

Stop. Let others move. You say no, you wan move. If everyone decided to do the same thing, do you know how much of a clusterfuck it'd be?

Go run red light for crossroad wey tipper dey pass if you know say you get mind. angry

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Foreign Used Accident Free Camry For 2.4M Naira @ PAYANDRIVE / Important Items To Remove From Your Junk Car Before Selling It / 2000 Toyota Camry Forsale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.