Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,202 members, 7,845,965 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

ASUU Strike: Lecturers Speak On Being Distracted By 2019 Election - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Lecturers Speak On Being Distracted By 2019 Election (11266 Views)

Ekiti State University (eksu) To Commence B.sc Nursing Programme By 2019/2020 Ac / ASUU Strike: Lecturers Walk Out Of Meeting With Government Delegation / ASUU Strike: Lecturers Meet FG Delegation, Fix Another Meeting For Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Speak On Being Distracted By 2019 Election by Jinyjagz(m): 10:08am On Jan 04, 2019
j just pray and hope asup will come to a conclusion on there upcoming meeting with FG
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Speak On Being Distracted By 2019 Election by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2019
I remember when they once struck for over 100days...then later later later, they were settled. My problem is...Can ASUU account for the money??

How are we even sure that if they are given the money once again that they will use it well??

Or are they just punishing me for nothing??
Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Speak On Being Distracted By 2019 Election by horlar1960(m): 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2019
datola:
The UI ASUU chairman urged Nigerians to continue to put pressure on government to do the needful by investing more in funding education. He said that private education was not an alternative to public schools and called on all Nigerians to support the strike to salvage the university

I am not holding brief for the wasteful Nigerian government but the reality is that university education is expensive and depending on government meagre subvention is not realistic. Somebody must pay for it.

The best approach is for appropriate school fee to be charged.

Why would Covenant university not top rating when they spend hundreds of millions annually to subscribe to international review agencies. How many of our public schools can boast of tenth of that amount on such.

Our public universities attract the best brains as lecturers and students with massive facilities left unmaintained. Yet they cannot compete because of pausity of fund.

Show me the best universities in the world and I will show you the most expensive universities (Harvard, Cambridge, Oxford, Yale, Pricinton, Stanford, MIT, Colombia, Calinstitute, etc)

ASUU, students (NANS) and government with other stakeholders should brainstorm on how our universities can be self sufficient financially that will restore lost glory and carter for the interest of indigent but qualified students.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Lecturers Speak On Being Distracted By 2019 Election by jesmond3945: 11:38pm On Jan 05, 2019
KEVIND:
We continue to blame the university system for churning out half bake graduates but we're not ready to do anything in order to revive it. What you give in is what you get in System theory.
the universities are there for theoretical foundations even the practical expirements are done in idealized conditions so if you need practical experience look for a good place and do your IT or go to a polytechnic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Full Form Of SIR? / The Sarrus Rule: A Short Method For Computing 3x3 Matrix Determinant [UTME MATH] / OAU Students Protest Non-Payment Of Workers' Salaries (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.