Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,826 members, 7,851,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

"God Sent His Angels To Visit Me", A Poor Widow Exclaims In Tears - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "God Sent His Angels To Visit Me", A Poor Widow Exclaims In Tears (401 Views)

Mrs. Amaka Okeke, A Poor Widow, Receives More Help And Her Twins Back To School / Meet Vera Biayeibo, Widow Who Produces & Sells Soaps To Cater For Her Children / Giraffe Headbutts And Sent A Film-maker Flying 16ft Through The Air ,killing Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"God Sent His Angels To Visit Me", A Poor Widow Exclaims In Tears by Vocnewsblog(m): 10:20am On Jan 05, 2019
“God has sent His ‘angels’ to visit me”, A poor widow, Mrs Josephine Okeke, exclaimed in tears as she received ₦20,000 to enable her to start a petty smoked-fish business.

Mrs. Josephine Okeke who hails from Ekpoma, Esan-West LGA, of Edo State lost her husband to kidney disease. The man was a machine operator in a printing firm until death separated him from his lovely wife and 3 children. Since then, life has been difficult for Mrs. Okeke and her kids. To put food on the table for the kids, she moves from house to house to wash clothes for people, who at the end of the day pay her very little for her services, and if she is lucky, some would give her food to eat.

When the Voice of Divine Truth International Outreach Team accompanied by our sister organization, Pick a Child Africa, visited the widow where she lives around Medical Road area of Benin City, we observed that the family live in a very deplorable condition: the one-room apartment they live in was in a state of squalor, the widow and the children looked hungry and sickly. It appeared they had not eaten for many days. It was obvious they had no hope to celebrate the Christmas. Their pathetic condition moved us to tears. She also owed the rent for her apartment, and the pressure from the landlord further exacerbated her plight.

So when the sum of ₦20,000 was presented to her to enable her to start a petty business, she could not hide her excitement, as tears of Joy flowed freely from her eyes. The team also promised to pay the sum of ₦36,000 for her 1-year house rent.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

If you wish to know more about us and how you can join or support this campaign, please kindly call or WhatsApp: +2348084701414 or +2348087656176.

CC: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, r231

Re: "God Sent His Angels To Visit Me", A Poor Widow Exclaims In Tears by Jungpablo: 10:25am On Jan 05, 2019
house is in squalor and you paid rent why not get her a better place
Re: "God Sent His Angels To Visit Me", A Poor Widow Exclaims In Tears by moriss33(m): 10:31am On Jan 05, 2019
Oga you sef fit continue from where they stopped..
Jungpablo:
house is in squalor and you paid rent why not get her a better place
Re: "God Sent His Angels To Visit Me", A Poor Widow Exclaims In Tears by CuTTiieAngeL(f): 10:33am On Jan 05, 2019
Nigerians are really suffering
Re: "God Sent His Angels To Visit Me", A Poor Widow Exclaims In Tears by Jungpablo: 10:35am On Jan 05, 2019
moriss33:
Oga you sef fit continue from where they stopped..
I do not remember mentioning you
Re: "God Sent His Angels To Visit Me", A Poor Widow Exclaims In Tears by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 05, 2019
Philanthropy is one of my biggest dreams. Poverty is a bastard.
Re: "God Sent His Angels To Visit Me", A Poor Widow Exclaims In Tears by Born2Breed(f): 10:43am On Jan 05, 2019
The team also promised to pay the sum of ₦36,000 for her 1-year house rent.

As much as I commend your effort, this is just palliative measures.

Their landlord will see this publicity,collect half of that money,other creditors will collect another half of what is left with them and the rest will go for feeding.

Visit them next month,you will be surprised you just made their condition worst.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola, Nigerian Revolutionaries Honour Late Atilade On Last Journey Home / Olamide Support Naira Marley Arrest Over Fraudulent Activity / Quick Credit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.