Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices (6623 Views)

My Experience Using Tecno, After Using Samsung For 9years. / How Do I Hide Apps With XOS On Infinix Devices / List Of Infinix Devices To Receive Official Android 9.0 P Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by mikeycharles(m): 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2019
If you noticed in my title I didn't include Itel devices because they are nothing but power banks with LCD screens, anyways I created a thread on why you should not buy Xiaomi devices so read up on that later.
I could remember when I first purchashed my first smartphone, it was a Samsung Galaxy Pocket, it was small about 4 inches and came pre-installed with Gingerbread (Android 2.3). I was so frigging excited I had a phone that could literally do "everything", I couldn't wait to show it to my friends but when I did they just ignored me like my new phone was trash since most guys were using tecno devices with 5 inch screens and one gigabytes of ram. But I was happy with my device cause it could play most games their phones could play and it managed to pull through in handling apps which shocked both me and my "friends", my point here is despite being a smaller device and slightly out dated software version it still stood a chance with a Tecno device.
I could never understand the frenzy with Tecno and Infinix devices, there was no hype, nothing really significant about them since I've handled some of them but have not really gotten a taste of other Chinese brands but that all changed when my friend's Tecno Y6 got sent to the repair store over seven consecutive times and she had to settle for a OnePlus One since her boyfriend worked with Huawei and had managed to afford the device then. That device was crazy, big, efficient and with one of the best cameras I've ever seen. She never took that one for repair and used it for almost three years before upgrading to higher version, this experience led to me exploring several e-commerce sites and I discovered Aliexpress but that story is for another time.
A similar experience occurred with another friend but this one was her fault she had put her phone in her purse which had ice cream in it, an Infinix device; she had to spend so much repairing it that she gave up on it. They were so many complaints here and there, from charging port to flashing and reflashing.
Tecno sells "affordable" phones that would lead to you having a cardiac arrest, I still don't see the worth in their devices when there are so many better choices out there. Stop praising mediocrity just cause you are ignorant, their phones don't last and back to itel devices; A friend of mine got an Itel S11 or some shiit like that, I swear the camera was impressive like really dope at first but it didn't take up to a month and this "camera phone" started degrading like literally the camera kept getting worse from day to day not to mention the lag he had to suffer.
In conclusion, I would rather get the iPhone clone (Xiaomi) which is popular here than opt for Tecno and their worthless craps.

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by Blastedholligan: 2:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
This one is just taking anyhow, what matters is that it's an android device and can do exactly what you can do on other android devices.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by mikeycharles(m): 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2019
Blastedholligan:
This one is just taking anyhow negative matters is that it's an android device and can do exactly what you can do on other android devices.
WTF are you saying, please speak English or say nothing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by talut(m): 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2019
Not a fan of tecno and the likes but at the end of the day you have no personal experience with any,you kept on saying my friend this, my friend that . The infinix phone I used back in the days never failed me till I took to a quack repairer who literally damaged the whole thing so I'd say the only problem I have with them (infinix) is how ridiculously overpriced their devices are compared to other manufacturers making devices with similar specs
Cheers bro.

12 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by mikeycharles(m): 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
Someone just said I have no experience with Tecno and Infinix devices, I have to laugh
I used an Infinix Surf spice before even using the hot series, a tecno tablet, h3, y3, y6, and even an itel prime tablet. I can't believe I even have to defend myself but I said what I said period!
Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2019
This guy doesn't have first hand experience with tecno and infinix phones...

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by DesChyko: 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2019
Tecno and Infinix provide cheaper alternatives for users who'ld like a new feature at a cheaper rate. At least, Infinix is a little more durable.
Comparing it to Samsung is just very unfair nah. Samsung is light years ahead in both quality and brand name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by mikeycharles(m): 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2019
Did I just read the words "cheap" and "quality" in the same sentence with Tecno. Protein0 I see you
Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 05, 2019
Infinix is dope, tecno is dope and I've used both... Tecno Q1, Infinix hot... Now then their phones were affordable, but currently its now fu*cking expensive... And the most annoying part they've refused to improve... Imagine selling a quad core phone for 40k in 2019... That to me is outright madness, not to talk of their love for 1gb Ram

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by Protein0: 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2019
mikeycharles:
Did I just read the words "cheap" and "quality" in the same sentence with Tecno. Protein0 I see you
smiles. Well done o cool
Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by slawomir: 5:46pm On Jan 05, 2019
The truth is that itel, infinix,Tecno, xiomi or whatever are all substandard phones
Although am using an infinix note 5 but that doesn't mean i should not say the truth

It just a pity and unfortunate that is what most people can afford here in Africa

11 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by echepops(m): 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2019
Stop putting out false information. I've used 2 Infinix devices and they were both awesome. Firstly, I got a Note 4 Pro. I used the phone comfortably for a full year without any issues. I sold it for a very good price, added money and got the new Note 5 Stylus, which I'm presently rocking. Infinix all the way mehn. This my Note 5 Stylus is a world class phone. I don't even need a Samsung Note 9.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by falcon01: 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2019
tecno crap infinix little crap gionee useless crap itel Dangerous crapp! pls dont attempt buying the last one

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by sureteeboy(m): 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2019
slawomir:
The truth is that itel, infinix,Tecno, xiomi or whatever are all substandard phones
Although am using an infinix note 5 but that doesn't mean i should not say the truth

It just a pity and unfortunate that is what most people can afford here in Africa

You might want to stop mentioning Xiaomi and Tecno in the same sentence. At least, Until Tecno and Infinix joins Xiaomi in the list of the top 5 phone brands in the world, (which looks more like a future impossible tense)

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by Martinez19(m): 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2019
As my uncle said, marketing strategies come in diverse ways. Thumbs up.

I have been ruggedly using an infinix phone for three years and still hasn't given me problems. A former friend of mine uses Tecno and that phone is solid.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by mikeycharles(m): 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2019
Martinez19:

I have been ruggedly using an infinix phone for three years and still hasn't given me problems. A former friend of mine uses Tecno and that phone is solid.
Imagine thinking Sammy needs to hire rogues to promote an internationally known brand, y'all are deluded and need therapy.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by Martinez19(m): 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2019
mikeycharles:
Imagine thinking Sammy needs to hire rogues to promote an internationally known brand, y'all are deluded and need therapy.
Well, it could be your honest opinion and it could also be a marketing strategy. Don't get so worked up.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by Lavoca: 6:32pm On Jan 05, 2019
slawomir:
The truth is that itel, infinix,Tecno, xiomi Xiaomi or whatever are all substandard phones

Have you use a Xiaomi phone before? If not, I don't see why you should include Xiaomi in your list

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by mikeycharles(m): 6:35pm On Jan 05, 2019
Where are those psychos, I was expecting to see things like; "I read this with my Camon, my Tecno phone can work as a telescope ..." or some rubbish like that.
Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2019
Blastedholligan:
This one is just taking anyhow, what matters is that it's an android device and can do exactly what you can do on other android devices.
There is more to a smartphone than browsing,playing games,making calls,using apps and the likes, u must understand that high end phones offer functionality!!
Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2019
slawomir:

will u just stop being ignorant and take xaiomi off that list!!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by Goldrings: 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2019
mikeycharles:
If you noticed in my title I didn't include Itel devices because they are nothing but power banks with LCD screens, anyways I created a thread on why you should not buy Xiaomi devices so read up on that later.
I could remember when I first purchashed my first smartphone, it was a Samsung Galaxy Pocket, it was small about 4 inches and came pre-installed with Gingerbread (Android 2.3). I was so frigging excited I had a phone that could literally do "everything", I couldn't wait to show it to my friends but when I did they just ignored me like my new phone was trash since most guys were using tecno devices with 5 inch screens and one gigabytes of ram. But I was happy with my device cause it could play most games their phones could play and it managed to pull through in handling apps which shocked both me and my "friends", my point here is despite being a smaller device and slightly out dated software version it still stood a chance with a Tecno device.
I could never understand the frenzy with Tecno and Infinix devices, there was no hype, nothing really significant about them since I've handled some of them but have not really gotten a taste of other Chinese brands but that all changed when my friend's Tecno Y6 got sent to the repair store over seven consecutive times and she had to settle for a OnePlus One since her boyfriend worked with Huawei and had managed to afford the device then. That device was crazy, big, efficient and with one of the best cameras I've ever seen. She never took that one for repair and used it for almost three years before upgrading to higher version, this experience led to me exploring several e-commerce sites and I discovered Aliexpress but that story is for another time.
A similar experience occurred with another friend but this one was her fault she had put her phone in her purse which had ice cream in it, an Infinix device; she had to spend so much repairing it that she gave up on it. They were so many complaints here and there, from charging port to flashing and reflashing.
Tecno sells "affordable" phones that would lead to you having a cardiac arrest, I still don't see the worth in their devices when there are so many better choices out there. Stop praising mediocrity just cause you are ignorant, their phones don't last and back to itel devices; A friend of mine got an Itel S11 or some shiit like that, I swear the camera was impressive like really dope at first but it didn't take up to a month and this "camera phone" started degrading like literally the camera kept getting worse from day to day not to mention the lag he had to suffer.
In conclusion, I would rather get the iPhone clone (Xiaomi) which is popular here than opt for Tecno and their worthless craps.

So you're saying I'm summary that people should not buy Tecno and infinix cos u feel it is not good enough. To be honest nobody actually needed this opinion and you saying you rather buy xiaomi than buy Tecno after saying we shouldn't buy xiaomi. Before you start saying nonsense I have used a xiaomi phone and I'm currently using the Samsung s8 and I can tell you that Tecno and infinix are actually trying.. they might be cheating us with all these mediatek crap and poor lcd displays but it fits the average consumer. So this ur opinion is totally worthless until you can make your own

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2019
echepops:
Stop putting out false information. I've used 2 Infinix devices and they were both awesome. Firstly, I got a Note 4 Pro. I used the phone comfortably for a full year without any issues. I sold it for a very good price, added money and got the new Note 5 Stylus, which I'm presently rocking. Infinix all the way mehn. This my Note 5 Stylus is a world class phone. I don't even need a Samsung Note 9.
Pls i beg u, dont mention ur note 5 stylus and a galaxy note 9 in the same sentence!!
Note 9 offers pure FUNCTIONALITY infact the only thing that makes iphone xs max better than it its the faster A12 bionic processor on the iphone xsmax, so pls note 9 is way ahead of your note 5 stylus
No disrespect!!

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2019
Martinez19:

move over to the likes of samsung,huawei,xaiomi,etc and u will see d difference cool

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by echepops(m): 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Pls i beg u, dont mention ur note 5 stylus and a galaxy note 9 in the same sentence!!
Note 9 offers pure FUNCTIONALITY infact the only thing that makes iphone xs max better than it its the faster A12 bionic processor on the iphone xsmax, so pls note 9 is way ahead of your note 5 stylus
No disrespect!!

Samsung Note 9 is definitely more expensive than my Infinix Note 5 Stylus. I never said my Note 5 Stylus is better than a Note 9, what I'm saying is that I don't need a Note 9. My Note 5 Stylus comes with an inbuilt Xpen which lasts for hours without a charge. My phone has 64GB internal storage, takes awesome pics, 16MP, durable battery life & an overall impressive user experience. I got it for 82k and I'm enjoying every cent I paid for it. Hehe
Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by Iykesmooth: 8:09pm On Jan 05, 2019
I have an infinix hot note pro that I have been using for four years now and still functional till this day

U were saying?

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:23pm On Jan 05, 2019
echepops:

Samsung Note 9 is definitely more expensive than my Infinix Note 5 Stylus. I never said my Note 5 Stylus is better than a Note 9, what I'm saying is that I don't need a Note 9. My Note 5 Stylus comes with an inbuilt Xpen which lasts for hours without a charge. My phone is has 64GB internal storage, takes awesome pics, 16MP, durable battery life & an overall impressive user experience. I got it for 82k and I'm enjoying every cent I paid for it. Hehe
I encourage u to google "features of the s pen in note 9" and u will know d diff.
But i must give kudos to infinix they did a great job with the note 5 at such price!!

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2019
mikeycharles:
bro we are on same page......I can't even use a tecno earpiece on my cute Samsung.....in fact I don't like chatting with them grin grin
Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by Olodo24: 8:47pm On Jan 05, 2019
mikeycharles:
I've never used a Tecno phone before but I've used one from infinix and it served me really well. Their phones just happens to be overpriced these days. How you use your device matters.

Huawei, Oneplus and Samsung don't know how to produce affordable phones.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by saltycreatordra: 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2019
Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices - Phones - Nairaland hero sele without display
Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by davecris(m): 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2019
Senseless post. You cannot tell people what to use and not. It's all about choices. Get sense

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Using Tecno And Infinix Devices by davecris(m): 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2019
Goldrings:

So you're saying I'm summary that people should not buy Tecno and infinix cos u feel it is not good enough. To be honest nobody actually needed this opinion and you saying you rather buy xiaomi than buy Tecno after saying we shouldn't buy xiaomi. Before you start saying nonsense I have used a xiaomi phone and I'm currently using the Samsung s8 and I can tell you that Tecno and infinix are actually trying.. they might be cheating us with all these mediatek crap and poor lcd displays but it fits the average consumer. So this ur opinion is totally worthless until you can make your own
one cold Heineken for u bro. Very stupid post.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus Truly The "Battery King" / Android Tv Boxes: Are They Worth Buying? / I Need Sagem Unlock Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.