Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,848 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

What Is Special About God Being The Creator - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Special About God Being The Creator (1882 Views)

I Saw A Big Man Of God Being Buried / Father Mbaka Speaks On God ‘being Angry With Buhari’ / Has God Being Ever Good To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 8:31am On Jan 06, 2019
Sometimes I feel theists unconsciously view God as an incomprehensive human.

I understand when a fellow man creates something and we praise him in awe for it. E.g its is necessary we see fellow humans who invented planes, phones, cures for diseases as special because they took their thinking too a higher level.

But what I don't understand is why humans praise God (if he exists) for creating the universe. Is God a human? Isn't he expected to be above all humans? Why are we surprised that someone as great as God creates the universe? Why is it important that we should acknowledge him for doing what he is capable of doing?

Have we compared him with other creation Gods to see that he created a better universe than them?

Us praising God for creating the universe is like the phone thanking humans for creating it?

Furthermore, why does God (especially the abrahamic God) sound like he enjoys being praised by his creation? He should rather enjoy being praised by his fellow Gods... I think God has a diseased ego that is affected by loneliness since he is the only God that exists.

I sometimes feel sad for him for being one of his kind... No wonder he created the devil and humans as his play toys... And loves endless praises from human. The creation of hell must have come from a divinely idle mind.

Praise God.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by alonzoiv(m): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2019
Because He is God
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by alonzoiv(m): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2019
Because he is God
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by Lihyunpark(m): 8:40am On Jan 06, 2019
for your mind you don talk sense be that oooo

1 Like

Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by Lihyunpark(m): 8:45am On Jan 06, 2019
i wonder sometimes when this people who called them selfs athiest think they are wiser than people who believe in God.. Well you can only think God is unjust because he created you as human.. Had it been he created you as a cockroach or mosquito and you've been killed by bagon. Or he created you as a chicken and you've been killed and served on a fried rice with cold malt on a chrismas day, then you wouldnt be over inquisitive about who your creator is!
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 8:45am On Jan 06, 2019
alonzoiv:
Because He is God

Yes right?
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 8:46am On Jan 06, 2019
Lihyunpark:
for your mind you don talk sense be that oooo

Yes, somehow. Except u prove otherwise.
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 8:52am On Jan 06, 2019
Lihyunpark:
i wonder sometimes when this people who called them selfs athiest think are a wiser then people who believe in God..
Humans evaluate themselves through the eyes and body language of one another. It is normal for any person or group to think themselves better than another... Its is necessary for self evaluation. It is what we do as humans and that's what makes us get better as time goes on, the competition I mean.

Well you can only think God is unjust because he created you as human..
No, I didn't say he is unjust for creating humans, I am saying it is quite normal for a God.(u can read my post again if u didn't understand)

Had it been he created you as a croach or mosquito and you've been killed by bagon. Or he created you as a chiken and you've been killed and served on a fried rice with cold malt on chrismas day, then you wouldnt be over inquisitive about who you creator is!

Do u think God is unjust for to croaches, mosquitoes chickens for creating them... I really don't understand ur point.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by lilvicky68(m): 8:54am On Jan 06, 2019
frank317:
Sometimes I feel theists unconsciously view God as an incomprehensive human.

I understand when a fellow man creates something and we praise him in awe for it. E.g its is necessary we see fellow humans who invented planes, phones, cures for diseases as special because they took their thinking too a higher level.

But what I don't understand is why humans praise God (if he exists) for creating the universe. Is God a human? Isn't he expected to be above all humans? Why are we surprised that someone as great as God creates the universe? Why is it important that we should acknowledge him for doing what he is capable of doing?

Have we compared him with other creation Gods to see that he created a better universe than them?

Us praising God for creating the universe is like the phone thanking humans for creating it?

Furthermore, why does God (especially the abrahamic God) sound like he enjoys being praised by his creation? He should rather enjoy being praised by his fellow Gods... I think God has a diseased ego that is affected by loneliness since he is the only God that exists.

I sometimes feel sad for him for being one of his kind... No wonder he created the devil and humans as his play toys... And loves endless praises from human. The creation of hell must have come from a divinely idle mind.

Praise God.

1 Like

Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 9:39am On Jan 06, 2019
[quote author=lilvicky68 post=74495373][/quote]

What's special about God being the creator knowing he is easily capable of doing that? Have u compared him with other Gods? Why do u think it is important to praise him for being God? What else could he have been if not God.

I need u to use ur brain just a little.
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by hahn(m): 9:56am On Jan 06, 2019
frank317:

What's special about God being the creator knowing he is easily capable of doing that? Have u compared him with other Gods? Why do u think it is important to praise him for being God? What else could he have been if not God.

I need u to use ur brain just a little.

Dream on nigga

Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 10:38am On Jan 06, 2019
hahn:

Dream on nigga

Lol... Shebi? Total waste of expectation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 9:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
What does God really wants? Where are his mates?

Its like a man beating his younger weaker wife and expecting her to worship and obey him, meanwhile he does not have such power when he is among his mates.

Who is God among his mates? What power does he have when he is with his mates?

Why is he so much concerned with what his ordinary creations think of him? That's too petty... U only get the feeling of a championship when u get the respect of ur mates... But this so called mighty all powerful all knowing God is feeling cool from respect and worship from his little creations... This is absurd.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by 9inches(m): 11:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
frank317:
What does Dad really wants? Where are his mates? Why is he so much concerned with what his ordinary creations (children) think of him? That's too petty... U only get the feeling of a championship when u get the respect of ur mates... But this so called dad is feeling cool from respect and worship from his little children... This is absurd.
Now, you can actually answer yourself with ease.
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 2:32am On Jan 07, 2019
9inches:
Now, you can actually answer yourself with ease.

When I say u guys unconsciously view God as an incomprehensive human, u guys still cone out to prove me right.

Dad is a fellow human with all the human limitations

God is the creator with no single human limitations

Why are u belittling thy God?

3 Likes

Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by 9inches(m): 4:51am On Jan 07, 2019
frank317:

When I say u guys unconsciously view God as an incomprehensive human, u guys still cone out to prove me right.

Dad is a fellow human with all the human limitations

God is the creator with no single human limitations

Why are u belittling thy God?
You guys myopically view God as what you can reduce to be contained and confined in the world. You want to know and understand him in your own terms, not the way he actually is. I rephrased your question to help your understanding at your level.

Some things in the world are incomprehensive to say the last, let alone the Source of everything in the world. You haven't started reasoning, dude.
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by 9inches(m): 5:06am On Jan 07, 2019
1. Who God Is & Who God Isn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc

2. How do we know there's a God? Why do we believe in God at all?
That's the foundation for the whole spiritual life. The great theologians and spiritual teachers have used different approaches to this question over the centuries. One of my favorites is the approach that begins with desire. We human beings desire the truth. Our minds seek the truth and we get it sometimes. But no matter how much truth we get out of this world, it's never enough; the mind remains unsatisfied. We seek the good and find it a lot of ways in this world, but no matter how many goods we attain, we’re never really satisfied. We seek justice in all kinds of ways and we achieve it sometimes to a remarkable degree. Think of in our own time, civil rights movement, the end to apartheid, the breakdown of the Soviet Union… all those were wonderful things that were attainment of justice but no matter how much justice we attain, we never have enough.

There's something in us - this desire for the good, the true, the just, that pushes us beyond this world. This approach is called the argument from desire. You can't desire what you don't know. Therefore, if we are desiring something that transcends anything in this world, in some way, we must already know it. Therefore, we do know the truth itself; we do know the good itself; we do know justice itself… and that's who God is!

God is not one of the true things in the world, but God is the truth itself which has seized the mind of any scientist, any philosopher, any seeker after the truth.

God is not one more good thing in the world, but God is goodness itself which has seized anybody when he's living the moral life or seeking the ethically good.

God is not one more just thing in the world, but God is justice itself which has seized the will of the lawyer or the judge or anyone seeking justice.

The Bible talks about the primacy of God. When you're seeking God, the most important to realize is you've already been found by God. Remember the Russian cosmonauts who went up into space and they kind of sarcastically radioed back to earth “well, we're up in the heavens and we haven't found God.” Of course, any biblical person would know he'll never find God that way. Of course not, you don't find God anywhere in the cosmos he's made, but God is the creative source of all that exists in the cosmos. So that's one approach to God beginning with our own deep desire.

Here's a second approach and it comes from Pope [Benedict XVI] who wrote a great book in 1968 called introduction to Christianity. In that book, he formulates this argument and what I like about it is it shows the link between religion and science because very often those two are seen as enemies. He says “no, at their depth, religion and science come together.” Here's why: what does every scientist assume? Whether you're a physicist, a chemist, biologist, psychologist… whatever you are, you assume that ‘being’ is intelligible. That means that the world can be known. Even the name ‘psychology’ designates ‘logos’ (word). The scientist goes out to meet a world that's imbued with meaning.

Well how do you explain that? How do you explain the universality of the meaningfulness of the world? Ratzinger (Benedict XVI) said it's because it has been thought into being. In other words, the world is not just dumbly there. Rather, the world is filled with ‘logos’; it's filled with reason, which is why when we understand the truth, we say we “re”-cognize” it. He says, “right, you ‘re’-cognize it” (you think it again) because it's already been thought into being by God... So, he argues from the objective intelligibility of the world to the existence of a great intelligence which has thought the world into being.

Here's a third approach the philosophers and theologians have used. it's called the argument from contingency. It's a fancy way of saying that the world as we know it exists but doesn't have to exist. You and I are here but we don't have to be here; there's nothing necessary about our being. It's true the world as we know it is fleeting (it's passing). Therefore, we have to go outside the world to God. God who does exist through himself and who therefore grounds and creates the whole of the world that we know.
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 8:21am On Jan 07, 2019
9inches:
You guys myopically view God as what you can reduce to be contained and confined in the world. You want to know and understand him in your own terms, not the way he actually is. I rephrased your question to help your understanding at your level.

Some things in the world are incomprehensive to say the last, let alone the Source of everything in the world. You haven't started reasoning, dude.

Theists present a God... (Yet to be proven)

Whatever I say of this God is bases on the kind of God u have presented. They are basically your God view not mine.

If God is who u describe according to ur bible... Then he acts like a bully when he demands worship from humans, his creations. He should earn his worship by surpassing his fellow Gods and earning their respect no create play toys and demand worship from them.

Using the word dad to replace God is an insult to God.
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 8:30am On Jan 07, 2019
9inches:
1. Who God Is & Who God Isn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc

2. How do we know there's a God? Why do we believe in God at all?
That's the foundation for the whole spiritual life. The great theologians and spiritual teachers have used different approaches to this question over the centuries. One of my favorites is the approach that begins with desire. We human beings desire the truth. Our minds seek the truth and we get it sometimes. But no matter how much truth we get out of this world, it's never enough; the mind remains unsatisfied. We seek the good and find it a lot of ways in this world, but no matter how many goods we attain, we’re never really satisfied. We seek justice in all kinds of ways and we achieve it sometimes to a remarkable degree. Think of in our own time, civil rights movement, the end to apartheid, the breakdown of the Soviet Union… all those were wonderful things that were attainment of justice but no matter how much justice we attain, we never have enough.

There's something in us - this desire for the good, the true, the just, that pushes us beyond this world. This approach is called the argument from desire. You can't desire what you don't know. Therefore, if we are desiring something that transcends anything in this world, in some way, we must already know it. Therefore, we do know the truth itself; we do know the good itself; we do know justice itself… and that's who God is!

God is not one of the true things in the world, but God is the truth itself which has seized the mind of any scientist, any philosopher, any seeker after the truth.

God is not one more good thing in the world, but God is goodness itself which has seized anybody when he's living the moral life or seeking the ethically good.

God is not one more just thing in the world, but God is justice itself which has seized the will of the lawyer or the judge or anyone seeking justice.

The Bible talks about the primacy of God. When you're seeking God, the most important to realize is you've already been found by God. Remember the Russian cosmonauts who went up into space and they kind of sarcastically radioed back to earth “well, we're up in the heavens and we haven't found God.” Of course, any biblical person would know he'll never find God that way. Of course not, you don't find God anywhere in the cosmos he's made, but God is the creative source of all that exists in the cosmos. So that's one approach to God beginning with our own deep desire.

Here's a second approach and it comes from Pope [Benedict XVI] who wrote a great book in 1968 called introduction to Christianity. In that book, he formulates this argument and what I like about it is it shows the link between religion and science because very often those two are seen as enemies. He says “no, at their depth, religion and science come together.” Here's why: what does every scientist assume? Whether you're a physicist, a chemist, biologist, psychologist… whatever you are, you assume that ‘being’ is intelligible. That means that the world can be known. Even the name ‘psychology’ designates ‘logos’ (word). The scientist goes out to meet a world that's imbued with meaning.

Well how do you explain that? How do you explain the universality of the meaningfulness of the world? Ratzinger (Benedict XVI) said it's because it has been thought into being. In other words, the world is not just dumbly there. Rather, the world is filled with ‘logos’; it's filled with reason, which is why when we understand the truth, we say we “re”-cognize” it. He says, “right, you ‘re’-cognize it” (you think it again) because it's already been thought into being by God... So, he argues from the objective intelligibility of the world to the existence of a great intelligence which has thought the world into being.

Here's a third approach the philosophers and theologians have used. it's called the argument from contingency. It's a fancy way of saying that the world as we know it exists but doesn't have to exist. You and I are here but we don't have to be here; there's nothing necessary about our being. It's true the world as we know it is fleeting (it's passing). Therefore, we have to go outside the world to God. God who does exist through himself and who therefore grounds and creates the whole of the world that we know.

I have watched the video u have been parading as a description of God and I wonder what u find amazing in the nonsense that man is talking.
He said God is the condition for the possibility of the world.... What's that? What a vague way to describe something u don't even understand. Why try to describe something ur brain cannot even phantom?

Then according to u guys, this God (which is a condition in which the world exists) demans human respect (like my dad, according to u) and worship...he is not a just a thing in the universe but desperately want things in the universe to love, worship and obey it like his life depends on it

U make something up and still make it sound clueless

2 Likes

Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by 9inches(m): 3:29pm On Jan 07, 2019
frank317:

Theists present a God... (Yet to be proven)

Whatever I say of this God is bases on the kind of God u have presented. They are basically your God view not mine.

If God is who u describe according to ur bible... Then he acts like a bully when he demands worship from humans, his creations. He should earn his worship by surpassing his fellow Gods and earning their respect no create play toys and demand worship from them.

Using the word dad to replace God is an insult to God.
Interesting. Sincerely, what is your understanding of God? Can you frame my argument as per the existence of God?
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by 9inches(m): 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2019
frank317:

I have watched the video u have been parading as a description of God and I wonder what u find amazing in the nonsense that man is talking.
He said God is the condition for the possibility of the world.... What's that? What a vague way to describe something u don't even understand. Why try to describe something ur brain cannot even phantom?

Then according to u guys, this God (which is a condition in which the world exists) demans human respect (like my dad, according to u) and worship...he is not a just a thing in the universe but desperately want things in the universe to love, worship and obey it like his life depends on it

U make something up and still make it sound clueless
There's an observable pattern in your responses - you lack the brain power to comprehend philosophy and theology. It's quite telling in your replies. Instead of asking for more explanation and clarification, you arrogantly resort to dismissive tactics. Yet, you try to project your own ignorance on another person. You probably think that's just what you have to do to win an argument or validate your own argument, or that everyone is like you - dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1e2DfwN5oQ
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 4:07pm On Jan 07, 2019
9inches:

Interesting. Sincerely, what is your understanding of God? Can you frame my argument as per the existence of God?

I simply understand God as the creator of this universe. My problem with it is that it is not human, infact it is far far far above human (this is according to theists).
Yet it make demands like a mere human would demand from his FELLOW human.

Can u explain to me why a God who creates humans would demand worship and respect from ordinary humans who are not even capable of understand it?

Its like he is comparing himself and competing with humans just like my dad would... Shouldn't God be doing such with his fellow Gods? At least they would understand him better and the competition would be justified.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 4:08pm On Jan 07, 2019
9inches:
There's an observable pattern in your responses - you lack the brain power to comprehend philosophy and theology. It's quite telling in your replies. Instead of asking for more explanation and clarification, you arrogantly resort to dismissive tactics. Yet, you try to project your own ignorance on another person. You probably think that's just what you have to do to win an argument or validate your own argument, or that everyone is like you - dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1e2DfwN5oQ

Sorry to burst ur bubble, u are yet to explain anything.
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by 9inches(m): 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2019
frank317:

I simply understand God as the creator of this universe. My problem with it is that it is not human, infact it is far far far above human (this is according to theists).
Yet it make demands like a mere human would demand from his FELLOW human.

Can u explain to me why a God who creates humans would demand worship and respect from ordinary humans who are not even capable of understand it?

Its like he is comparing himself and competing with humans just like my dad would... Shouldn't God be doing such with his fellow Gods? At least they would understand him better and the competition would be justified.
Very sincere and important question I must say. Guess what, I asked this same question not too long ago while I was rediscovering myself.

Tell me if your questions were addressed in this conversation. You can ask more questions. I can also transcribe all of it if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7PMvfMslHk
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by 9inches(m): 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2019
frank317:

Sorry to burst ur bubble, u are yet to explain anything.
My bubble is burst, aaaaarrrrrggghhh!!!!!! Help!! cry
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by frank317: 11:04pm On Jan 07, 2019
9inches:

Very sincere and important question I must say. Guess what, I asked this same question not too long ago while I was rediscovering myself.

Tell me if your questions were addressed in this conversation. You can ask more questions. I can also transcribe all of it if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7PMvfMslHk

Took my time to watch the video and had to stop at 5minutes because the guys was truly annoying.

One would think that he is God ... But he is just saying what he thinks of a God who have not been proven to exist.

What's God created the universe out of love and not our of need. This makes no sense to me? If God does not create me, what do i stand to lose? How does not feeling his love affect a nonexistent being?

God created man out of love yet man is in a world where he has the freedom to make God angrily sit and watch the devil torment him because of his misuse of freedom. How does being in such reality spell love?

Pls how are they differenciating need and love? Don't u love what u need? Don't u need what u love? Are they not SOMEHOW related?

The guys is just using words up and down like it even makes sense?

Again back to my question: why does a God who loves us but does not need us want us to worship and acknowledge him everyday of our life. What is it about his love that makes him want to b worshiped by us. Why does our sin affect him so badly that we must be punished for it? Why is he angry when an ordinary fallible human disobeys him. Doesn't he know this is what it takes to be human? Human live to have a better life and it takes a lot of things to achieve that.

Worst still he remains unseen leaving the so called man to make up stories in his head about him... It keeps on getting worst.

1 Like

Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by finalboss(m): 5:58am On Jan 08, 2019
9inches:
you need help theist
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by finalboss(m): 5:58am On Jan 08, 2019
9inches:
you need help, theist
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by 9inches(m): 6:40am On Jan 08, 2019
finalboss:
you need help theist
You're right, I do. Everyone does.
Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by ochibuogwu5: 8:15am On Jan 08, 2019
UNLESS THE GRACE OF JESUS CHRIST APPEARS TO YOU, YOU WILL CONTINUE TO TROUBLE YOURSELF ABOUT WHO GOD IS AND WHY HE CREATED THE WORLD WITH YOUR HUMAN REASONING.
THE POWER OF JESUS CHRIST GRACE:
As Jesus Christ speaks to us in his gospels/Scriptures, something precedes his truth to make us *understand, believe and compel us to use/act/obey* on his word AND THAT THING IS *GRACE*
The Grace of GOD does not just allow you hear the words of the sound gospel by *informing you* rather *it forcefully compels you to obey and practice righteousness with effortless input/ease*
Grace is what makes a Christian to willingly obey God's righteous standards from *within* without anybody in the *external telling you what to do and what not to do*

Any gospel that is not preceded by Grace will only *kill a man's soul* just like *hearing the law of Moses* and later leave him/her more *hardened in committing sin*
hence we need to always ask the Holy Spirit to fill his words that we study and preach with *his grace* so that we shall always be *compelled to obey* every instruction from the Holy Spirit for our lives *to the end* thus "the grace of GOD *teaches us* to live upright, Godly and self-controlled life in this generation(2019)..." {Titus 2:11-12}
Check youtube for *gbile akanni* on *Grace* then come back and present your response.
MAY THE GOD OF ALL GRACES MANIFEST HIS GRACE UPON YOU AND ALL THOSE AT THE VERGE OF LOOSING THEIR SOULS TO ETERNAL DAMNATION IN JESUS NAME. AMEN.

1 Like

Re: What Is Special About God Being The Creator by truefact: 9:32am On Jan 08, 2019
There must be a true GOD of all things, just and fair to all things, but the hypocritical Christians and Muslims presented us with something else they equated as God

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Christian- The god-man( The Fullness Of God In Man) / Hymns We Love To Sing: A Mo Fe Ri Jesu / Oh I Want To See Jesus / Don't Fall For Atheists And Their Deceit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.