Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,967 members, 7,810,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Please Decide For Me - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Decide For Me (1497 Views)

I'm to Choose b/w 2002 Lexus ES300 and 2011 Hyundai Elantra; Help me decide / Help A First Time Car User Decide Between These Suvs / Help Me Decide Between A Honda Civic 2007 Model And Toyota Camry 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Decide For Me by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 06, 2019
Let me go straight to the point.

1. I drive a 5 yr old honda baby boy 2002(bought it toks). Sweet ride. But it has taken a huge toil on my pocket in the name of gear repairs and fuel.
On average runs full tank(62ltrs) takes me about 10 days. But most times i can squeeze upto 2 weeks( sometimes 3 sef) if i don't move around much. So its really nt been easy on me.
But i can also travel a distance of about 360kms on Half tank.
2. Iv been made to believe that I'm doing myself long tin,i.e there are more fuel efficient cars out there and that iv been suffering all these years. Hence i was presented with the option of...
Corolla S/LE or Pontiac Vibe.
My budget is tilting towards the Vibe but i kinda prefer a Corolla S,(which means i will have to save for more months).

So....
A. Which should i go for btw these 2 brands? In terms of reliability and most importantly fuel economy
B. Is my Honda babyboy's economy that really bad? Is it worth the upgrade now or i should just hold on for a while.
Re: Please Decide For Me by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:09am On Jan 06, 2019
NewBea:
Let me go straight to the point.

1. I drive a 5 yr old honda baby boy 2002(bought it toks). Sweet ride. But it has taken a huge toil on my pocket in the name of gear repairs and fuel.
On average runs full tank(62ltrs) takes me about 10 days. But most times i can squeeze upto 2 weeks( sometimes 3 sef) if i don't move around much. So its really nt been easy on me.

2. Iv been made to believe that I'm doing myself long tin,i.e there are more fuel efficient cars out there and that iv been suffering all these years. Hence i was presented with the option of...
Corolla S/LE or Pontiac Vibe.
My budget is tilting towards the Vibe but i kinda prefer a Corolla S,(which means i will have to save for more months).

So....
A. Which should i go for btw these 2 brands? In terms of reliability and most importantly fuel economy
B. Is my Honda babyboy's economy that really bad? Is it worth the upgrade now or i should just hold on for a while.
Pontiac Vibe is a rebadged Matrix, which is essentially a Corolla hatchback. You'd be buying the same car. The Vibe will be the cheapest to purchase, though.

Note that Vibe body parts aren't Corolla parts, but that goes without saying.

1 Like

Re: Please Decide For Me by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 06, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Pontiac Vibe is a rebadged Matrix, which is essentially a Corolla hatchback. You'd be buying the same car. The Vibe will be the cheapest to purchase, though.

Note that Vibe body parts aren't Corolla parts, but that goes without saying.

Thanks for your input.
But what can you say about questions i asked?
Re: Please Decide For Me by laivwire(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2019
NewBea:

Thanks for your input.
Is a 4 or 6 cylinder engine? I used a Honda once and I spent about #600 daily in fuel for a distance if about 20 km daily.

I don't know the consumption rate of the Pontiac but that if the corolla is highly touted. Im sure you know enigine sizes have their strengths and weaknesses in terms of acceleration, power and other factors depends on what you need.

If you are strictly about consumption, get a micra

Performance go for Benz and BMW

1 Like

Re: Please Decide For Me by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
NewBea:

Thanks for your input.

You're doing 12km/l or 28 mpg, which is excellent. The Vibe does 27 mpg combined. Both are the same. Fuel economy is not a factor here.
Re: Please Decide For Me by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
laivwire:

Is a 4 or 6 cylinder engine? I used a Honda once and I spent about #600 daily in fuel for a distance if about 20 km daily.

I don't know the consumption rate of the Pontiac but that if the corolla is highly touted. Im sure you know enigine sizes have their strengths and weaknesses in terms of acceleration, power and other factors depends on what you need.

If you are strictly about consumption, get a micra

Performance go for Benz and BMW

Thanks.
Nissan Micra you mean?
Not very common here but i will check.
Re: Please Decide For Me by sultaan(m): 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2019
You are thinking of buying a new car because of fuel economy?

Fuel is about to get more expensive 160-180 per litre think about that
Re: Please Decide For Me by thebigkendo(m): 10:04pm On Jan 06, 2019
sultaan:

TheCar do you have a corolla you are not using?
Re: Please Decide For Me by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
thebigkendo:

The.Car do you have a corolla you are not using?

If you're buying we can source one for you.

The OP is already looking for Nissan Micra.

Join the winning team, OP is already porting to Toyota from Honda. grin grin grin
Re: Please Decide For Me by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2019
sultaan:

Guy which kyn prophesy be this na? Chill na grin
Re: Please Decide For Me by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2019
Guys what do you think about Honda Civic 8th Generation?
Re: Please Decide For Me by princejones(m): 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
Bro to be honest with you,your fuel economy is not bad at all.
Re: Please Decide For Me by diportivo: 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2019
shines babyboy full beam on the thread tongue

2 Likes

Re: Please Decide For Me by sultaan(m): 1:42am On Jan 10, 2019
NewBea:

Guy which kyn prophesy be this na? Chill na grin

If you do the arithmetic Nigeria can't afford that much subsidy as before and that will be Dangote minimum price, if you no go buy sell the car

(1) (Reply)

Jhhhh / When ICE Cars Drowns in Flood,All-electric Cars Keeps Cruising:Check This Out / Behold The ₦216k Tesla Model S For Kids With Amazing Features (photos &video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.