Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

First Look At The New Xbox And Playstation Competitor "Mad Box" - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / First Look At The New Xbox And Playstation Competitor "Mad Box" (1215 Views)

Differences Between Xbox And Playstation That You Need To Know. / Xbox And Playstation,which Is KING?!! / Gameplay Of New Games On PS4, XBOX And PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Look At The New Xbox And Playstation Competitor "Mad Box" by LucemFerre: 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2019
I'm not sure whether or not we need a new console but, Slightly Mad Studios, developers of Project Cars, are working on a new console. It is rumored to support 4k and VR at 60fps. The details are hidden for now, but we might see the development as time goes on. It is rumoured to be out somewhere around 2022. Yea, it's still far wait for but I guess that's how they all start.

Re: First Look At The New Xbox And Playstation Competitor "Mad Box" by crafteck(m): 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2019
It's just a mini gaming pc with customised ui

1 Like

Re: First Look At The New Xbox And Playstation Competitor "Mad Box" by okwabayi(m): 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2019
crafteck:
It's just a mini gaming pc with customised ui
Isn’t that what gaming consoles are nowadays?
The last true console to me was the PlayStation 2. Anything from then upwards is just a stripped down PC. The trend started with the original Xbox.

1 Like

Re: First Look At The New Xbox And Playstation Competitor "Mad Box" by okwabayi(m): 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
Where is the Steam Engine now? I remember a lot of noise was made about it at the time. I see it failed to catch up or meet expectation.
If a device does not have Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft inscribed on it, I will not buy it. I can’t f-uck around and get something which’ll eventually collect dust when I can easily buy a gaming PC.

[UPDATE]
Steam Machine not Engine. I prefer the name Steam Engine so I'll leave the original comment.
Re: First Look At The New Xbox And Playstation Competitor "Mad Box" by LucemFerre: 7:10am On Jan 07, 2019
Well, in retrospect that was how all the Sony, Nintendo and Xbox started. Let them release the first version of it before we put it in the dock

(1) (Reply)

3 Months Old Xbox One S 1tb And Two Controllers For Sale / GT5 Release Date Announced / SWTOR Strife Video Guide Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.