Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? (51626 Views)

10 Popular Courses You Can Study If You Want To Avoid Mathematics / List Of Art Courses You Can Study Without Literature In English / 50 Courses You Can Study Without Credit In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Abuskid: 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2019
Archeology,Microbiology,Biochemistry, History, L.I.S. I am regreting choosing what i named the"VIRTUAL MECHATRONICS" ,that is full of unqualified lecturers.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2019
What about Political science?.

How bad or how good?
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by awennie(f): 10:17pm On Jan 06, 2019
sometimes, it's really not about the course studied, but the impact of education and level of exposure that matters.
However, courses like philosophy, sociology botany is a no no for me.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by osazsky(m): 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2019
stieyven:

DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN. Exodus 20 :7
i nor know how much e get way e dey expose Imselve,na Im b say if this one meet my younger brother e go just faint, 2 houses and he is shouting better run come Benin make them teach u work
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by LegalOpinion: 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
God punish education.

I got a degree far back 2012 that degree haven't given me enough.

If not street were would I be? I owned two masion, cars and properties.

Oluwa bless the street, oluwa bless all the hustlers and oluwa refill all the Mayes pockets.

And you think defrauding people via the internet (street hustling) is the best way

Just sit back and see how all internet fraudsters ended up later in life.

Where is Fred Ajudua?
How is Nzeribe today?
Where is John Nebolisa (Johneb)?
Where is Ezego in Ihiala and all his mansions and latest card?

Any money you earned defrauding someone else will always bring unbearable sorrow to your life in the end. The going may be good today but certainly you will suffer a million times more before death. And your family will be worst for it.

11 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Philip1623: 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2019
Studying Law is a waste in Nigeria. 5 years in school and come out earning less than 20k etc

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by BruncleZuma: 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
mizzytan:
Why?

It is now a prequisite that employees be knowledgeable in office Management skills nobody want pay you to go secretary or clerical school anymore...they assume you've got those as hard and soft skills...
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Lekison(m): 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
Alexis247:
What the lecturer in question did was very wrong, he should have listened to the VC's instruction

Some lecturers sef

My opinion though
omo d weed strong ooo

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by LegalOpinion: 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
Rindo69:
Mass Communication

Business Administration

Political Science.

Banking and Finance

You know what, you are better of learning a trade and focusing on it than waste at least 4 years on any course in our universities cos at the end, there is a 80% chance you will not need the degree and you may not even get a job in this present economy.

The primary reason for going to school is not to get a job. Educating your mind is.

Even if you think there are no jobs, the opportunity available to a graduate is not available to an uneducated trader in alaba market.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by sharlley: 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2019
SAMKHEJ NIGERIA

Samkhej is committed to buying and selling general scrab items (of any kind) such as condemned: furniture, home appliance and equipment, office equipment and items, conveyance (motor vehicle, bike, truck, bus, etc), generator, machinery or any item considered as written off scrab.

Our targets :
Churches, mosques, households, organizations, hotels, schools, individuals, etc

WhatsApp only: +234 802 038 4498
Call: +234 810 878 7745
Email: samkhej_ng01@gmail.com

With SAMKHEJ NIGERIA, you promote neatness in your environment...

Please rebroadcast

Compliment of the season!!!
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by LegalOpinion: 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2019
osazsky:
Bet9ja cuz it pays alot,got 110k today without stress, just study ur over2.5 and thank me later, I have said my own o

Do you know of anybody in the whole world who became rich through gambling?

Do your research, those who won big money through gambling ended up returning same to the same gambling and even sold their property.

The addiction in gambling is the worst kind of addiction.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by seunH: 10:33pm On Jan 06, 2019
ZinolyOnlineHelp:
Veterinary medicine

Forget the self employment.. Apart from dogs which other animals do Nigerians treat? And that's cause you can't eat dog..

I'm a vet student in uniabuja.. The stress is not worth it... Lectures from 8am to 5pm every day.. It's even more rigorous and tough than mbbs

Just study and find way abroad
Initially, I wanted to ignore your post but when I realized that you claimed to be a veterinary student, I had to pause and give a response in order for you not to mislead innocent people reading your post and assuming it to be correct and authentic because it is been posted by a vet student. For the sake of clarity, I'll itemize the issues one by one.
Firstly as a vet student you claimed to be, it is not fair to unjustly lambast a field you voluntarily chose to study thereby giving false impression to innocent people about the profession, my brother you never can know who is who that may be reading this post and may be influential (present/future), whose decision may be antagonistic to the profession simply based on your post he read "after all wetin vets dey do sef no be to treat dog".
Secondly, you claim its only dogs Nigerians treat and to be honest that made me doubt if trully you are a vet student because throughout my stay in vet school I hardly came across dog/cats except during practicals. If vets only treat dogs, why then do they study ruminant medicine and surgery, small animal medicine and surgery, swine medicine, avian pathology and medicine, wildlife medicine and even fish pathology and medicine, take note you must go for clinical postings for all the aforementioned, if these animals don't need treatment then what is the point studying the above or don't you know that cattles, pigs, sheep, horses, goat, poultry and even fishes fall sick and it is only a veterinarian that is licensed to treat them except you will acquire the services of a quack for a cheaper amount (of which I don't think a man with a poultry capacity of more than 1,000 birds would want to try it).
Thirdly you said "forget self employment" when you had not yet graduated, the implication is that whatever you know about self employment after vet school is hearsay and not from personal experience. Truth be told that even the worst antagonist of the veterinary profession would never say what you said because for God sake in 300 level you will be taught poultry production/pathology/medicine, swine production/pathology/medicine, ruminant (goat, sheep, cattle) production/pathology/medicine, fish production/pathology/medicine, even that of horses and camels. In addition to the above you must compulsorily go for postings both (internal and external) to facilities where the above animals are produced/reared and yet with all these knowledge you dare say "forget self employment" when with less than 50k you can start up a small poultry and with your veterinary knowledge can even make yours stand out !!!! habaaaa!!!! my brother!!!!
Finally I must admit that employment into civil service and private sector may not be easy which I believe is not perculiar to the veterinary profession alone, but I belief that with the knowledge an average veterinarian is exposed to, a veterinarian by the grace of God has no business with poverty except the person doesn't know what he or she is doing. Let me stop here. Thanks

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Geo07: 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
BadmanBinLaden:
Survey and Geo-Informatics
Surveying & Geo is a very good course in Nigeria. I think you don't have the idea of how Land surveyors are making it. Maybe you haven't buy a land of your own.
Surveyors are also into Engineering/constructions and other fields.
Go and do ur research very well.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by osazsky(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
LegalOpinion:

Do you know of anybody in the whole world who became rich through gambling?

Do your research, those who won big money through gambling ended up returning same to the same gambling and even sold their property.

The addiction in gambling is the worst kind of addiction.
that one shouldn't be ur biz, leave how I spend d cash to me, my target this yr is 15m,made about 2m last year if u add all my wining together, na waiting dey work for me

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Kylekent59: 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2019
All universities need is your money, they don't care if you will get a job or not.

All courses are just not useful in this country.

Only computer science and mathematics.

I just pity people that study biotechnology grin grin even petroleum engineers no see oil company work.

Mass com/political science is a waste.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2019
Avedonn:

It seems like you are still a kid or perhaps undergraduate.

Those field you mentioned are they foundation of most professional careers.

Even in the United States and Europe they are compulsory in high school.
He doesn't know that Philosophy is the foundation and root of every course in existence

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by LegalOpinion: 10:36pm On Jan 06, 2019
Philip1623:
Studying Law is a waste in Nigeria. 5 years in school and come out earning less than 20k etc

You are wrong.

The lawyers you saw earning 20k are only doing their pupilage.

A sound lawyer is a potential rich man.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Olumyyde(m): 10:38pm On Jan 06, 2019
Orestino:
Let me pitch my tent here and sip kunu

I'm an electrical/electronics engineering student though and my course is arguably one of the best anywhere in the world including Nigeria
Dis one never know something.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Geo07: 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2019
BadmanBinLaden:
Survey and Geo-Informatics
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Surveying & Geo is a very good course in Nigeria. I think you don't have the idea of how Land surveyors are making it. Maybe you haven't buy a land of your own.
Surveyors are also into Engineering/constructions and other fields.
Go and do ur research very well.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Gramondhigh(m): 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2019
Microbiology is a waste of Time

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by williexxx: 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2019
OMNIVIRUS:
Biochemistry
Omo you right...this course has frustrated some many nigerians
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Olumyyde(m): 10:44pm On Jan 06, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
Good thing you added, "fortunately".
with any course u read, getting employed with it means u're fortunate. Don't even start.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Olumyyde(m): 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2019
williexxx:

Omo you right...this course has frustrated some many nigerians
Awwwwwww, and same biochemistry has been a huge blessing to me n my Coursemates. Good GOD

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by UncleDeborah: 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2019
Changethechain:
If you only you know that anatomy, physiology and biochemist make more money than doctors across the shores of Nigeria
Grow up and let nobody feed you with lies. Or better still, do your research well. Don't be foolish.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 10:54pm On Jan 06, 2019
Thank God I studied philosophy, getting a job with the degree is not my priority but the knowledge gained which has opened alot of doors based on my world view is immeasurable.

The problem with all those who have castigated one course or the other is one of purpose, and if you have no sense of purpose, you can't make anything out of life no matter what you study
undecided

9 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by ofwest47(m): 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
More than 85% courses being undertaking in Nigeria are not viable as our educational system is not geared towards a particular goal. All you hear is I am in the department of economics, political science, business admin, religious studies , philosophy, psychology arts and craft with little or nothing to show for science and technology as is being done in advanced digital science technology countries. That is why I always regard Nigerian Universities as glorified secondary schools. In Cuba every 5th Cubans is a medical personnel or either medicine, pharmacy, nursing or health science related courses. But here in Nigeria reverse is the case.
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by williexxx: 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2019
Olumyyde:

Awwwwwww, and same biochemistry has been a huge blessing to me n my Coursemates. Good GOD

Good for you bro

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2019
geology...what about it...
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by arinzos(m): 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
What about Political science?.

How bad or how good?
Just there grin
Its not bad.Its not good
Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Sagay212: 11:06pm On Jan 06, 2019
Never you study Islamic studies so you don't become an Islamic extremist and potential terrorist like the useless MURIC man who is always looking for every opportunity to start a religious war.

5 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by PAQ(m): 11:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
Zoology. Why? In thid country we consume our wild and domesticated animals. Most people cant tell difference between a monitor lizard and alligator, rabbit and rat, seal and fish, antelope and ram. Bush meat no get name apart from being meat. Ekuke has no traced origin or history.

But we know how to cook and consume them all.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Courses You Won't Advise Anyone To Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
Olumyyde:

with any course u read, getting employed with it means u're fortunate. Don't even start.
Alright, calm down. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Girl Draws Her Teacher To Celebrate Her On Women's Day In Jos (Photos) / ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike / Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.