Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? (1036 Views)

I Lost My Teaching Job After They Told Us To Reapply / Should I Drop First Bank Contract Staff For Orange Group? / Between My Teaching Job And A Bank Security Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2019
Hello pals, I need you to advise me if I should drop my teaching job of #17,700 for a marketing job at a mortgage bank or not? I can't specifically state the remuneration for the marketing job but I'm sure it won't be less than #60,000. What should I do?
Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by ikbnice(m): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2019
I am really surprised you are asking this question?
Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by ojun50(m): 6:46pm On Jan 07, 2019
I knw u are looking at the money bt whala inside is more than d money,,, thinking about it. Sha

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by Finest641(f): 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
seyih504:
Hello pals, I need you to advise me if I should drop my teaching job of #17,700 for a marketing job at a mortgage bank or not? I can't specifically state the remuneration for the marketing job but I'm sure it won't be less than #60,000. What should I do?
Are you going to be paid a basic salary withbor without meeting your target? I asked because most of these marketing jobs are based on commissions and allowances and you being paid is majorly dependent on your performance and meeting your target. Marketing work no be here oo. Choose wisely.
My one cent

4 Likes

Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2019
ikbnice:
I am really surprised you are asking this question?

I'm just confused
Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2019
ojun50:
I knw u are looking at the money bt whala inside is more than d money,,, thinking about it. Sha

Thank you
Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
Finest641:

Are you going to be paid a basic salary withbor without meeting your target? I asked because most of these marketing jobs are based on commissions and allowances and you being paid is majorly dependent on your performance and meeting your target. Marketing work no be here oo. Choose wisely.
My one cent

There is basic salary
Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by ikbnice(m): 7:04pm On Jan 07, 2019
seyih504:

I'm just confused
I understand your fear. Make adequate enquiries about the marketing job. If that 60k is fixed, you are good to go.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by dhardline(m): 7:57pm On Jan 07, 2019
Take the marketing job. It will help you build your confidence,

network better and see more opportunities.

Don't let 17,700 from a class room make you loose out on what

is really out there. Know that nothing good can ever come out

of your comfort zone(class room) , leave that zone and be

patient and consistent and watch how things change in the long

term. The experience you'll get from marketing can help you

change jobs easily as virtually all organisations need marketers

and some of the leading C.E.O's of today were once marketers.

Make your enquiries on that.

No pain, no gain.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 8:07pm On Jan 07, 2019
seyih504:

#17,700 per month
fuvk naija!!!
Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2019
ikbnice:
I understand your fear. Make adequate enquiries about the marketing job. If that 60k is fixed, you are good to go.

Alright, thanks so much.
Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2019
dhardline:
Take the marketing job. It will help you build your confidence,

network better and see more opportunities.

Don't let 17,700 from a class room make you loose out on what

is really out there. Know that nothing good can ever come out

of your comfort zone(class room) , leave that zone and be

patient and consistent and watch how things change in the long

term. The experience you'll get from marketing can help you

change jobs easily as virtually all organisations need marketers

and some of the leading C.E.O's of today were once marketers.

Make your enquiries on that.

No pain, no gain.

Waow! This is interesting. I'm really grateful.
Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 08, 2019
seyih504:
did you study education back at school! Uncle, drop that teaching job and go for the marketing, so you can have field experience and funds and to acquire skills but understand that both job might have little or no relevance to your future job search or career

1 Like

Re: Should I Drop My Teaching Job To Take Up A Marketing Job? by Bluehill1051: 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2019
Wait, how does one survive on 17,700 salary??

(1) (Reply)

6 Fresh Jobs Available! / .. / Small Scale Viable Exportation FREE Practical Training Info - Are U INTERESTED ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.