Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

‘clubless’ Super Eagles Star Returns To Top Level Football In Croatia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘clubless’ Super Eagles Star Returns To Top Level Football In Croatia (577 Views)

Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets / Victor Obinna And Oyinbo Girlfriend Vacation In Croatia / Super Eagles Goalkeeper Becomes 'clubless' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘clubless’ Super Eagles Star Returns To Top Level Football In Croatia by Jidefido(m): 6:34am On Jan 08, 2019
Out-of-favour Super Eagles defender, Godfrey Oboabona has returned to playing European football after a torrid summer which left him without a club, thesportsbay.com reports.

The 28-year-old was a free agent after his contract expired at Saudi Arabian side Al-Ahli Saudi before joining HNK Gorica in March on a free transfer.

The AFCON 2013 winner, said that he’s happy to be playing football again and wouldn’t rule out a future return to the national team.

“It’s a nice feeling playing football again. I’m happy I’m getting playing time here in Croatia and I hope to continue improving game by game.

“Obviously, anything can happen, but I will not want to rule out the possibility of playing for the national team again, but only the handlers can decide that,” the former Sunshine Stars of Akure skipper said.

Oboabona has featured in eight league games for Gorica this season, starting in seven and helping the club keep two clean sheets

https://thesportsbay.com/24850-clubless-super-eagles-star-returns-to-top-level-football-in-croatia.html

(1) (Reply)

A MUST READ: Change The Way You Bet And The Results Will Change. / REVEALED! Pogba & Lukaku Fight After Man United Win Over Southampton / Athlete Who Has Been Brain-dead For 3 Months Gives Birth To Miracle Baby And Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.