Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Hitv Crashes Subscription Rates. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Crashes Subscription Rates. (1248 Views)

DSTV Subscription: Court Stops Dstv From Increasing Fees / MultiChoice Africa Announces Dstv Subscription Price Increase / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hitv Crashes Subscription Rates. by Shaunscot(m): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2010

After confirming its loss of the English Premiership League (EPL) broadcast rights to a rival pay TV station, the management of HITV has said the station will continue to give its teaming subscribers the best of sporting programmes along with other interesting programmes. While speaking with journalists in Lagos yesterday, the Chief Executive of HI Media, Toyin Subair said that the company is still proud to have the biggest football competition, the UEFA Champions League, in its kitty.

"It's unfortunate we lost out on the EPL rights which was not directly any fault of ours but due to the failure of the banks that were meant to give the sureties, we are however still happy to have other platforms in which we can still meet the aspirations of our viewers," Subair said.

"Football is our catalyst not our destination. Before people were attributing our success to just the EPL but now we would let them know the stuff we are made of."

Meanwhile, as part of the new strategy to increase its customers base which currently stands at over 300,000, the management has announced a reduction in its subscription rates from N6,000 to N3,500 for its premium bouquet as it plans to hit a mark of 500,000 subscribers before the end of the year.

The station still has the exclusive rights to UEFA Champions League which is the premier football competition in the world, the Europa Cup and the Carlings Cup amongst other exclusive platforms.

Source

I actually got an sms from them confirming this.
Re: Hitv Crashes Subscription Rates. by semid4lyfe(m): 4:46pm On Aug 10, 2010
Dem for no reduce their prices nah

Silly people
Re: Hitv Crashes Subscription Rates. by Ochukss(m): 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2010
Hicriminals, u guys have just shown dat u are thieves.if u like reduce d price to 1500, nigerians will never be fooled again.at ur 3000 price tag am sure ur subscriber base will reduce to 50000.u guys should keep dreaming of a subscriber base of 500000.u guys have totally missed it because of greed. I forsee mytv subscribers base getting higher than hitv's.what is making d matter worse is d introduction of fta such as inifinty tv, multitv.i heard inifinity tv will show epl.multitv shows spanish,italian,german leauges and no subscription is paid. I dont see hitv rising at all
Re: Hitv Crashes Subscription Rates. by aieromon(m): 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2010
N2500 last price lemme go dust my decoder.I'm kinda doing you a favor so don't think showing me UECL is a privilege.
Re: Hitv Crashes Subscription Rates. by Ochukss(m): 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2010
Who does subair thinks he is fooling? He said d plan has been in d pipeline since d start of d year. He should go and think of better ways to tell lies.
Re: Hitv Crashes Subscription Rates. by slap1(m): 5:53pm On Aug 11, 2010
I can watch UEFA with rotating antenna!

(1) (Reply)

See Actor Jide Kosoko Asking For A B L O W Job In New Movie / Actress Mercy Aigbe Shows Off Her Tempting Body / The Flash (TV Show)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.