Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

"Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona (20089 Views)

Diego Maradona Hospitalized After Finger Salute In Argentina's Win Over Nigeria / Diego Maradona Before Argentina Game Vs After Argentina Game Yesterday(photos) / Photo Of Diego Maradona Crying After Argentina Lost 3-0 To Croatia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by coolie1: 4:12am On Jan 09, 2019
yusman14:
ok..bro..good night..
and that's what messing is doing hiding in one team. all his life let him leave and show. how good he is
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by chiboy1116: 7:00am On Jan 09, 2019
Benzinoooo:

It might nt be humility as u think...it culd just be a tin of timidity.
since Messi get those beards dude no de fear again oh...call am anything but that dude de humble .
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by chiboy1116: 7:00am On Jan 09, 2019
STILESGANG:
To Argentinian's and am a big messi fan
have u ever been to Argentina?
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by chiboy1116: 7:01am On Jan 09, 2019
Tiffbuxas:
lol I get your point sha I like his cool and careful lifestyle.... I'm an Ororo hand fan tho
it's comes off stupid atimes ...see when xavi was coming at Ronaldo na ...dude told him " he doesn't have 5 golden balls" u need to talk sometimes oh ..na wetin make me like Ronaldo .
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by officialfestus(m): 7:44am On Jan 09, 2019
DancingSkeleton:
sadly this same ororo has never been compared to any legend grin
boss... happy new year
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by STILESGANG: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2019
eni4real:

Best players based on eras
50's : Di Stefano, Puskas, Kopa
60's : Pele, Eusebio, Best, Didi, Garrincha
70's : Cruyff, BeckerBauer, Muller, Kempes
80:s : Maradona, Platini, Rossi, Conti
90's : Romario, Ronaldo, Baggio, Zizou, Maldini, Batistuta
2000's: Ronaldinho, R9/Z10, Henry, Eto'o Schevy, Kaka, etc
2010: Zlatan grin, Iniesta, Xavi, Neymar, Ramos, Suarez etc.

None of all these great players of any generation can stand the (consistency and output) of Messi or Ronaldo!!!!!!!!
Messi/CR7 are the best of all time!
We can conclude who is better(between the 2) after they hung their boots tho!
Ronaldo is just a goalscorer. He should never be mentioned in the same breath with players like messi, maradona e.t.c compare him with the likes of Goal machines likes gerd muller and ferenc puskas grin
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by fredylee: 8:58am On Jan 09, 2019
coolie1:

messi played better than ronaldinho? have you smoke weed when did you start watching football have you seen his skills his dribbles if you go anywhere and say that thing you will get shot.

Well, I have watched and analysed football for at least, 3 decades, and can hold my own on almost any topic on the game. It would be fairer to compare Ronaldinho to Okocha than to Messi. Watch Messi's 50 best goals, his games, and do the same for Ronaldinho, then return to comment.
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by kingsoncj: 9:02am On Jan 09, 2019
No player humble like messi
chiboy1116:
. But have this guys ever wondered why Messi doesn't reply any of his critics ...jesus Christ , see bah if Ur blessed u no need shout , u no need shake body too much , just move one leg everywhere go shake . I am no Messi fanboy , but with the way this guys ( maradona,Pele,zico, and other retired great players) come at him , I have never seen any reply from Messi .

Pele say Messi get one skill , Baba score hatrick
Maradona talk him own , Messi do him own thing
Zico talk him own , Messi no send him do him thing . Him talking na for pitch . I just wan see Pele face when Messi break that him all time competitive goal record . Lolx.

Its not easy to be this great and have this kinda humility . If u think I am lying , ask a certain Portuguese how he deals with criticism. wink
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by MedicalSamwise(m): 9:24am On Jan 09, 2019
coolie1:

are you joking? in golden ball or a trophy for your country which do you prefer? did you see the players portugal have? name one star there or quality player apart from ronaldo? and he took them to the final when he got injured he turned into a coach that's a leader and messi is not one when he got the blame for poor performance this world cup he ran away from the national team of course he suppose to get the blame you are a big player and you did not do anything but scored only one goal did not control the game you did not even see any zeal in him that type of person when pressure. comes they run

You're talking as if Ronaldo has played for the national team since Portugal was disqualified from world cup too. Is Ronaldo also running?
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by coolie1: 10:23am On Jan 09, 2019
MedicalSamwise:

You're talking as if Ronaldo has played for the national team since Portugal was disqualified from world cup too. Is Ronaldo also running?
messi officially resigned
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by coolie1: 10:25am On Jan 09, 2019
fredylee:

Well, I have watched and analysed football for at least, 3 decades, and can hold my own on almost any topic on the game. It would be fairer to compare Ronaldinho to Okocha than to Messi. Watch Messi's 50 best goals, his games, and do the same for Ronaldinho, then return to comment.
ronaldinho to okocha? bro I can't. discuss with you no more you are just a novice looking for attention
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by yusman14(m): 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2019
eni4real:

2014 World cup is the best World cup of Messi. He won the World cup golden ball. Modric had the same achievement in 2018 and everyone is calling Modric the best!
Why is Messi hated so much

You mentioned great teammates,
Aguero was injured throughout the 2014 World cup. He was not fit to play at all!
Di Maria had great games in the quarter and Semi final but got injured in the final and was not selected for the final match .
Higuain(the striker) had just 1 goal throughout the tournament. People remember his one goal because it was against Courtois!!!
Higuain has proven to be poor when it matter most in the UCL and for Country!!!

Mascherano and the likes contributed to the defence. Argentina was better in the defence than attack in that tournament!
Lavezzi, Palacios etc could not relieve Messi in that final.
As an opponent Coach, tactics would be to swarm around Messi. That is where good teammates come in to bail their Superstars out!

Buruchuga bailed Maradona out in 86 WC final
Eder bailed Injured Ronaldo out in Euro 2016 final
Gotze bailed Muller out in 2014 final
Iniesta was not the expected goal scorer for Spain in 2010 final
Zizou was not the expected goal scorer for France in 2006 final (Infact those brace were his only goals all through the tournament)
Who bailed Messi out when pressure was 1000Pascals?

Teammates have proven to be the saviour in all finals and not the Super scorer in the team!!!

Team trophy may elude Messi but he has a good collection of individual awards!!!

- World cup golden ball 2014
-Copa America best young player 2007
- Copa America best player 2015

That, at least, justify his individual contributions!

Do you know Cruyff

He was voted the European football GOAT in 20th Century! He lost the World cup final too in 1974, but won the World cup golden ball that year!

His individual achievement count for him against all Europeans that have won international trophies.
Why can't Messi be the GOAT in the same vein too

messi cnt be d GOAT...e lacks some tin dat a leader shud av...no leadership quality,to galvanization to his team mates..
u just av to accept dat pele is d G.O.A.T..
i was @ a place dis mornin were informed sport fans(i mean coaches)were ananlyzin dis issue ..
to concluded on a fact wich says it all.....
WORLD CUP...u see,if messi win 2022 WC e cnt b d G.O.A.T.....if u understand d heiracchy of football from d onset,u wil realise dat messi is gifted but didnt improve unlike cr7...
messi is great ACCEPTED
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by yusman14(m): 7:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
fredylee:

Please, watch the best videos of Pele and Maradona you can find. Then get a video of Messi on an average day. You will find that these two older legends are beneath Messi. He has done by far better things on the pitch than both, including Best, Garrincha, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo de Lima... you name them. Messi is magic!

The only thing he currently lacks is an International trophy.
Garrincha is d greatest dribbler of all time...messi is below dem
no setiment

1 Like

Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by fredylee: 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2019
yusman14:
mess is not on d same level with dem....pele is a complete player.
.ronaldinho and delima has all dis qualities...i repeat,for messi to be d G.O.A.T,e must av wat any oder players dnt av.......e may b d best of his era but e is far behind maradona and pele

Please, watch the best videos of Pele and Maradona you can find. Then get a video of Messi on an average day. You will find that these two older legends are beneath Messi. He has done by far better things on the pitch than both, including Best, Garrincha, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo de Lima... you name them. Messi is magic!

The only thing he currently lacks is an International trophy.
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by Techiekingee(m): 2:15am On Jan 10, 2019
yusman14:
messi cnt be d GOAT...e lacks some tin dat a leader shud av...no leadership quality,to galvanization to his team mates..
i was @ a place dis mornin were informed sport fans(i mean coaches)were ananlyzin dis issue ..
WORLD CUP...u see,if messi win 2022 WC e cnt b d G.O.A.T.....if u understand d heiracchy of football from d onset,u wil realise dat messi is gifted but didnt improve unlike cr7...
messi is great ACCEPTED
Oga... U don't know what u re saying
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
yusman14:
messi is great ACCEPTED
Didn't improve

That is not true.

Young Messi was great and explosive but there were certain skills he lacked.

Free kick skills
Making Tons of Assists
Making Tons of key passes!

Messi have improved in this aspect over time. He has scored 50+ goals in 8 seasons too.
His improvement is far greater than that of Ronaldo who has become drastically worse in dribbling abilities and free Kick skills.
Re: "Lionel Messi Will Never Be A Leader" - Diego Maradona by Jagaban880: 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
check ma signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rio Ferdinand: This 60 Mins Have Sent Me To The Emmergency Ward / Liverpool VS Mancity: 3 Key Battles Featuring Mane, De Bruyne, Vandijk, Sterling / Victor Osimhen Is Now Bigger Than JJ Okocha After CAF Awards — Nigerian Journali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.