Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

ASSU - NEC Decides: 'members Should Await Further Developments Before Resumption - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASSU - NEC Decides: 'members Should Await Further Developments Before Resumption (1495 Views)

ASUU Strike, See How Much You Can Make As A Student Before Resumption. / University Teachers Insist On Two Demands From Buhari Before Resumption / Teachers In Abia Clean Up Schools Before Resumption (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASSU - NEC Decides: 'members Should Await Further Developments Before Resumption by campuscatch: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
ASUU STRIKE UPDATE (Thursday)
#campuscatchofficial

ASUU-NEC : Members should await further developments before resumption

From what appears to be the decision of ASUU National Executive Council NEC, The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU has asked its members to wait for further development in its dialogue to end the ongoing nationwide strike.

This is following a previous notice from ASUU President Professor Biodun Ogunyemi, assuring to get back to the Public today after its NEC meeting.

The Union has now said the offer from the Federal Government towards resolving the demands of ASUU was still far from expectations.

“Though, some progress has been made with respect to discussion with Government agents (The Minister of Labour and Employment as well as Minister of Education) at the moment, the proposal from Government towards resolving the demand of ASUU, as contained in 2017 MoA and Strike Bulletin 1, is still too fluid and far from expectations.

“Hence, it is the view of the NSCC that members should await further developments which are rapidly unfolding.

“In accordance with the ASUU’s long standing position, ASUU as a Union will not participate in the conduct of 2019 general elections, although members may voluntarily participate in the conduct of the elections.

“However, members are prohibited from participating in the election processes using any material that bears ASUU or relates to the Union.” ASUU President Concluded.

Share This News

#ASUU
#campuscatchofficial
Crd : DailyPost

Join 2500+ students on our whatsapp Channel for Quick Campus Updates as it drops.
https:///2348023607004?text=Hello%2C%20I%20want%20to%20follow%20Campus%20Catch%20status.%20My%20name%20and%20institution%20is

News source :
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ASUU-asks-members-to-await-further-developments-before-resumption.html
Re: ASSU - NEC Decides: 'members Should Await Further Developments Before Resumption by Danchoco(m): 3:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
We don dey wait since....
Re: ASSU - NEC Decides: 'members Should Await Further Developments Before Resumption by Herodutus(m): 3:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
ASUU if I say make THUNDER fire una now,e go be like say I no get manner, so make I no talk am...
Re: ASSU - NEC Decides: 'members Should Await Further Developments Before Resumption by raphieMontella: 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
wahala
Re: ASSU - NEC Decides: 'members Should Await Further Developments Before Resumption by FearlessDapsin(m): 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2019
This is not the result of Today's meeting. I have a copy of this particular speech dated January 8.
Re: ASSU - NEC Decides: 'members Should Await Further Developments Before Resumption by campuscatch: 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2019
FearlessDapsin:
This is not the result of Today's meeting. I have a copy of this particular speech dated January 8.
There's no more result to wait for.
They have made their speech today
If you observe very well, that's their current decision
And the jan 8 speech, yes they are holding on to it again today.
You can check vanguard and others news reporting that ASUU has today announced that its members are banned from participating in the forthcoming election.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/ASUU-asks-members-to-await-further-developments-before-resumption.html
Re: ASSU - NEC Decides: 'members Should Await Further Developments Before Resumption by FearlessDapsin(m): 4:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
campuscatch:

There's no more result to wait for.
They have made their speech today
If you observe very well, that's their current decision
And the jan 8 speech, yes they are revisiting it today.
And where is today's speech?
Re: ASSU - NEC Decides: 'members Should Await Further Developments Before Resumption by campuscatch: 4:48pm On Jan 10, 2019
Re: ASSU - NEC Decides: 'members Should Await Further Developments Before Resumption by FearlessDapsin(m): 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2019
campuscatch:

http://thenationonlineng.net/ASUU-bars-members-participating-2019-elections/
This news is stale. I did not just read it today. This is definitely not the outcome of the NEC meeting.

(1) (Reply)

You Will Be Admitted To Polac (NPA) If You Know This. / Are Lagos Schools To Reopen On Monday / Meet Ui's First-class Pharmacy Fresh Graduate With Over 50 Research Articles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.