Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegation: Lawyer Confirms Police Have Issued Warrant - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegation: Lawyer Confirms Police Have Issued Warrant (801 Views)

Kathryn Mayorga: US Judge Dismisses Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Lawsuit In Las Vegas / Cristiano Ronaldo Rape, Kathryn Mayorga, Accuser Demands £56m In Damages / Juventus Issue Statement On Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegation: Lawyer Confirms Police Have Issued Warrant by biafranqueen: 12:59am On Jan 11, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo’s lawyer has confirmed authorities in Las Vegas have issued a warrant to collect DNA from the football star in the wake of allegations he raped a woman in the city in 2009.

“Mr Ronaldo has always maintained, as he does today, that what occurred in Las Vegas in 2009 was consensual in nature, so it is not surprising that DNA would be present, nor that the police would make this very standard request as part of their investigation,” Ronaldo’s lawyer, Peter S Christiansen, said in a statement to the BBC. The Wall Street Journal reports that the warrant has been sent to courts in Italy,

Ronaldo is the subject of a criminal investigation by Las Vegas police and a separate civil action after the allegations by Kathryn Mayorga, who came forward with her story last year. She claims the Portugal star initially used “fixers” to stop her pursuing criminal charges, including paying her $375,000 to keep quiet. In the past, Ronaldo’s lawyer has not denied his client reached an agreement with Mayorga, who says she came forward with her story in the wake of the #MeToo movement. “This agreement is by no means a confession of guilt,” Christiansen said in October 2018.
Mayorga’s lawyers, Leslie Mark Stovall and Larissa Drohobyczer, said on Thursday they had previously been unaware of the DNA warrant.

Ronaldo has denied Mayorga’s allegations. “I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me,” he said in October 2018. “Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in. Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense. My clear conscious [sic] will thereby allow me to await with tranquillity the results of any and all investigations.”

The 33-year-old Ronaldo is one of the most famous athletes in the world. He is a five-time winner of the Ballon d’Or, an annual award for the best footballer in the world. He is also a national hero in Portugal, and led his country to the European Championship title in 2016.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegation: Lawyer Confirms Police Have Issued Warrant by biafranqueen: 1:08am On Jan 11, 2019

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegation: Lawyer Confirms Police Have Issued Warrant by Jewelnutch: 1:18am On Jan 11, 2019
Stardom and new amenities.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegation: Lawyer Confirms Police Have Issued Warrant by biafranqueen: 1:20am On Jan 11, 2019
Jewelnutch:
Stardom and new amenities.
#metoo is not playing with these Ogas at all!

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegation: Lawyer Confirms Police Have Issued Warrant by biafranqueen: 1:23am On Jan 11, 2019
In leaked legal documents, Ronaldo confessed that American Kathryn Mayorga (pictured together that night in 2009), 35, said no several times while they had sex
DAILY MAIL

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegation: Lawyer Confirms Police Have Issued Warrant by Jewelnutch: 1:29am On Jan 11, 2019
biafranqueen:
#metoo is not playing with these Ogas at all!
I'd appreciate if you could rephrase.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegation: Lawyer Confirms Police Have Issued Warrant by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:39am On Jan 11, 2019
In leaked legal documents, Ronaldo confessed that American Kathryn Mayorga (pictured together that night in 2009), 35, said no several times while they had sex
DAILY MAIL
Like seriously?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegation: Lawyer Confirms Police Have Issued Warrant by biafranqueen: 1:18am On Jan 23, 2019
Jewelnutch:

I'd appreciate if you could rephrase.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lille Confirms Osimhen Exit / SHOCKING!!! Barcelona Sell Star Player, Farewell Ceremony To Happen Tomorrow / Why Manchester United Was Defeated By Crystal Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.