Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

"my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. (1599 Views)

Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory / Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. by devyktur(m): 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2010
Pending the confirmation of Coach Samson Siasia's appointment as the new manager for the Super Eagles, the father of Sunday Oliseh says his son is the most qualified and the right man to succeed Coach Lars Lagerback, who failed to report to his duty post since after the World Cup in South Africa.

Pa Oliseh, while in a chat with Daily Sunsports in Lagos, insisted that his son has the magic wand to take Eagles to the Promised Land.

“Among all the coaches that are been paraded for Super Eagles' job, no one is as qualified as my son. Sunday is very intelligent and disciplined, and these are the attributes a coach needs to handle a team like Eagles.
“My son got his first coaching certificate in Belgium before he went to England for another course to equip himself better for any coaching assignment. Aside one or two coaches in Africa, I think my son should rank among the best with the qualification he has currently.

“He has not been able to coach Eagles because of what I may call the Nigerian factor, where one is not judged by his qualification or what one can do. But as for being qualified to tinker the Eagles, I will tell you that Sunday is one of the best at the moment for the team.
“As a matter of fact, he told me that one day he was in a plane with one Eagles' player, who was on his way to Nigeria to play a match in Abuja the following day. Sunday said that he told the player that if it were in his days, when he was the Eagles' captain, that he would not allow him (the player) to play in that match because he would not be fit and would not give his best in the match due to jetlag, moreover, he did not train with the team for the game. That will tell you how disciplined Sunday is.

Continuing, Pa Oliseh said: “My son understands what it takes to be a coach and by the grace of God, he is comfortable to the point that no player can brag for him. He is the type of person that can restore discipline in Eagles because he believes in discipline and is ready to inculcate it into the team if given a free hand to operate.
“Oliseh is currently coaching a team in Belgium and as you know, before you can coach a team in Europe, you must be real good.”
He went further to reveals how his son began his journey into football. “Sunday is a special child. He is unique among his siblings. He is intelligent, honest and disciplined to a fault unlike my other children.

“Sunday is my second son, but he behaves as if he is the eldest. He bears the same name with me. He was born on a Sunday like me.
“Sunday resembled my father and I love him as I loved my father. My father was an honest man and Sunday took after him in that area. I can vouch for him any day.
“Sunday began his football career in my house here in Festac Town (Lagos). It was from my house that he played in the local league before moving ahead. I have always encouraged him. Football runs in our blood, I played it up to the university level but not for the national team because during my time, play football was not reckoned with.

“Sunday is unique. One thing he was doing when he was still playing for the national team was that, two days to any Eagles' match, he would stop picking his calls. He was doing that in order to have full concentration. So, we never bothered calling him during such periods. We instead prayed for him and I would remain in prayers until the final whistle for that game. I never wanted any misfortune to befall him.
“And of course, when he was with Eagles, any time Nigeria played and won, my house in Festac would be in celebration, everybody around would come to celebrate with us,” Pa Oliseh concluded
Re: "my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2010
what a doting,proud father, Nice!
Re: "my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. by IbrahimB: 8:30pm On Aug 11, 2010
Siasia's and Amodu's dads must be saying the same thing too
Re: "my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. by chidichris(m): 8:58pm On Aug 11, 2010
even my father said the same but unfortunately, no newspaper was on ground go hear him out.
oliseh and his father shld and take job somewhere else.
Re: "my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. by Ibime(m): 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2010
I always liked Oliseh's tactical discipline in his Super Eagles days. The only flaw he is very argumentative and undiplomatic. His fight with Danny Blind @ Ajax is just an example of that. I say he should go and find success with the youth teams first, cos now is SiaSia's turn.
Re: "my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. by ice234: 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2010
maybe let try him
Re: "my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. by ice234: 10:47pm On Aug 11, 2010
maybe let try him
Re: "my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. by davidif: 6:34am On Aug 12, 2010
chidichris:

even my father said the same but unfortunately, no newspaper was on ground go hear him out.
oliseh and his father shld and take job somewhere else.

ha haha.
Re: "my Son, Most Qualified For Eagles Job" Oliseh's Father Boast. by adexchamp(m): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2010
ice234:

maybe let try him

Sunday Oliseh is the most arrogant and disrespectful ex-footballer Nigeria ever had so i think thats one of the reasons the NFF never shortlist his name for a coaching job in this country

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Finally Signs Gareth Bale Just Now / Samuel Eto’o, David Moyes In Nigeria (photos) / See Pictures Of Messi, CR7, Rooney When They A Little Boys(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.