Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,607 members, 7,820,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana - Celebrities (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana (94953 Views)

Agbani Darego At Miss World Talent Show In China(photos) / MBGN Universe 2015 Flaunts Her Bikini Body At Miss Universe Camp,USA(Pics) / Tonto Dike-Churchill Glows At "Miss Grand Nigeria Beauty Pageant" Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Iyineda(m): 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2010
^ They sure like acting like them. Hilarious to see/hear local Nigerians who haven't been abroad try to speak with a British or American accent. Most of the time the latter. undecided
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Ruq: 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2010
Omar22 not compare perse but aspiring to be like one of them,look at our movies,songs,literature these two countries are of great influence in every thing we do even to our style of dressing.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by omar22(m): 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2010
Omar22 not compare perse but aspiring to be like one of them,look at our movies,songs,literature these two countries are of great influence in every thing we do even to our style of dressing.

Well how long before the gobby ones start claiming "Its not our culture"

Agree they are the front runners but it doesnt mean nollywood should copy most of their storyline,
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Ruq: 11:02pm On Aug 23, 2010
True dat! But Nollywood wants worldwide fame to get that you have to do what foreigners can relate to,thats where d copying comes in,we all know once you are known in America you are known worldwide. But i see no reason why they should copy our culture is enough to capture enough audience but our silly directors and dont know what they have.

We have alot of myth stories that can be converted to movies but they dont see it.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by THEAMAKA(f): 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2010
Ruq:

True dat! But Nollywood wants worldwide fame to get that you have to do what foreigners can relate to,thats where d copying comes in,we all know once you are known in America you are known worldwide. But i see no reason why they should copy our culture is enough to capture enough audience but our silly directors and dont know what they have.

We have alot of myth stories that can be converted to movies but they dont see it.
we should just go the bollywood route. they are always original.
Africans and their copy copy syndrome.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Ruq: 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2010
Yup that's so true bollywood is more original than ours,but with the way i see things now i think there's i little light in the tunnel. So wi are definately gonna see changes if they change their style of reasoning
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Litmus: 1:01am On Aug 24, 2010
My opinion  on this miss Nigeria was rightly or wrongly critical . But having watched some live footage on youtube, Miss Nigeria was classier than Miss Ghana. I was very surprised by this as one who criticized Miss Nigeria earlier. Miss Nigeria looked better body-wise, Miss Ghana looked stunning in her costume in the pictures but on Youtube miss Nigeria looked better in her costume. Miss Ghana was disappointing in her swimwear, her bottom seemed really high up her back and she gave the impression of having some sort of cut around her waist, like if she might have had weight once and lost it, love-handle mended, i don't know but she wasn't quite right. Miss Ghana appeared to have what Nigerians call HIGHWI. Miss Nigeria looked real rough in her photos but on stage, watching live, she didn't seem all that bad. I would say, being honest to myself that Miss Nigeria is actually the better package of the two.

I recon miss Jamaica should win. Miss Germany Miss Canada i meant, looks good as well. Miss Tanzania that i was kind of hedging my bet on turned out to be a little disappointing.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by tpiah: 3:07am On Aug 24, 2010
since the nigeria representative is claiming niger state, should we interprete this as a sign of IBB's imminent return?

just asking.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by THEAMAKA(f): 3:57am On Aug 24, 2010
@Litmus
i agree, Miss Nigeria is not really photogenic but she didn't look bad LIVE, she actually looked kinda good.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by chiogo(f): 4:00am On Aug 24, 2010
Miss Mexico won! She's pretty though but the runner-up, Miss Jamaica is prettier.

I didn't even see Miss Nigeria. grin
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by THEAMAKA(f): 4:13am On Aug 24, 2010
chiogo:

Miss Mexico won! She's pretty though but the runner-up, Miss Jamaica is prettier.

I didn't even see Miss Nigeria. grin
thanks for ruining it for people on the west coast, sigh. . .
did any African countries make the top 15?
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by chiogo(f): 4:22am On Aug 24, 2010
THE AMAKA:

[b]thanks for ruining it for people on the west coast, sigh. . .
[/b]did any African countries make the top 15?
Ahh sorry oo, I forgot embarassed Pretend you didn't see my post
I actually only watched the last few minutes 'cause ppl were making noise about it on FB. . .I only saw the top 5, no African country lipsrsealed
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by THEAMAKA(f): 6:33am On Aug 24, 2010
chiogo:

Ahh sorry oo, I forgot embarassed Pretend you didn't see my post
I actually only watched the last few minutes 'cause ppl were making noise about it on FB. . .I only saw the top 5, no African country lipsrsealed
hahaha i watched it and South Africa made it, but she's white, so she doesn't count in my book.
so yeah, no African girl was up there.
typical.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by omar22(m): 9:37am On Aug 24, 2010
hahaha i watched it and South Africa made it, but she's white, so she doesn't count in my book.
so yeah, no African girl was up there.
typical.

So a White person cant be African?

So what would you call these ones (Miss Egypt, Morocco or Libya)

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/miss_egypt-Fawzia-Mohamed-hot-muslim.jpg

http://img.xcitefun.org/users/2008/02/711,xcitefun-runner-up.jpg

http://www.missfloridausa.com/E-Zine/Images/aug02-07f.jpg
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Nayah(f): 9:58am On Aug 24, 2010
I'm really disappointed by this choice for Miss Universe, not that she's not beautiful but this always the same thing, as if they already know who will win, Venezuela or Porto Rico or South Africa can win altough we know a lot of carribean or African are so beautiful, they can not make me believe the most beautiful women in this Earth are just Latinos American( often very superficial) or European!! even in 2007 Micaela Reis this stunning Angolese girl should have won if this pageant would'nt be a masquerade. She was just the first runner up whereas she had everything for her from the beauty to eloquence, her only crime being half cast, african so black.

Miss Jamaica wa far prettier than Miss Mexico, this competition shows our society which is not ready yet to make participate black people in the same World. Anyway I'm very proud of our sisters they're pretty and classy we don't have to be ashame of

Congrats sisters!
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by omar22(m): 10:14am On Aug 24, 2010
@Nayah………, Oh well don’t beat yourself… A Nigerian won it once and she was the most beautiful miss Nigeria that I have seen, but its all down to votes but sometimes they award winners due to other things from the competition… but who are we to crow, when Ben Bruce (Silver-bird) was hosting the Miss Inter-continental in the 80’s when they gave the crown to Bianca Onoh the whole world shouted foul play… but its getting better… The Miss Universe competition normally eliminate all NON BLONDS from the first round, then you are left with the Swedes, Finns, Danish, Swiss and those with blonde hair…, Now it seems like they want to spread it around the world…
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Nayah(f): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2010
Omar I know about Agbani Darego and I was very proud and for our sister Mpule Kwelobe from Botswana as Miss UNIVERSE 1999 but come on brother I've seen the others Miss World and Universe sorry even though I know everyone has its own tastes, it seems some facts are more than obvious, these people are scared to put our sisters on the spotlight! Micaela Reis as I told you is the perfect example, But GOD is mercy and Great this will chane one day, my people will rise cause we're blessed.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by otumfour(m): 10:34am On Aug 24, 2010
My dear nayah, wht good is a blessing when most of our people lie in ignorance?
the problem wit the blackman is big ooooo
its sad, 1 is sometimes tempted to ask God wht went wrong wit the blackman
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by omar22(m): 10:53am On Aug 24, 2010
1 is sometimes tempted to ask God wht went wrong wit the blackman

Do you want me to answer that question?
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by omar22(m): 11:08am On Aug 24, 2010
@Nayah

The harsh reality is that if they put you as a judge (or AMAKA) a Caucasian wont get a vote no matter how pretty they are, it the other way, do you know how long it took before black actors start winning the Oscars despite outstanding performance by the African Americans actors its even fairer in America in Europe forget it… that’s why I pay no attention when it comes to voting, a year or 2 years ago an Afro-Caribbean won the Miss Great Britain competition, it got to a point when people where demanding for the result to be made transparent to the public, that’s when they realised that the publics vote (which carries half of the vote) didn’t vote for the lady but it was a clean sweep from the judges (which carries the other half of the votes) that believed that she won but the public weren’t satisfied that she won it… that’s why I don’t believe in the competition anymore, the one that was meant to be hosted in Abuja which moved to the UK after a riot outbreak from the northerners due to a comment made by a journalist. I think if am right was won by a Turkish contestant, and in a documentary that year, it was mentioned that it went to the Turkish / Muslim contestant because the competition was moved away from a Muslim country!!! I said WTF!!!

This is why I don’t need someone to tell me that someone is more beautiful than the other though the Latin world are extremely beautiful but I don’t need a pen pushing person to tell me that…
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Skidoc(m): 11:52am On Aug 24, 2010
Wasn't going to post on this topic until I saw the picture posted by chuqudy. That girl is ugly. God! What were you thinking? You need laser vision correction ASAP. shocked shocked Next time please post picures of pretty white girls. There are a lot of them.
I have to agree with Liedetect, if you like that Scarlet girl's ass then you are definitely a hoodrat. tongue I mean I like my women curvy and all, but what kind of ridiculous ass is that? Everything should be in moderation.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Ruq: 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2010
@otum you are being more foolish saying Obama visited your country because you possess democracy Who fuckin needs obama here before things can work And talkin about light, is the whole of ghana fully powered Talkin like a fool you've always been
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Nayah(f): 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2010
Dear Omar22 when you said a Caucasian girl would'nt have my vote in case I'm judge now I say no! it's completelt wrong because I try to objective and for me beauty it's not about colour but about feelings, but where I think there's a masquerade is when some people want to impose a model of beauty, creating a frustration to other people. Do you know some asians want to make their eyes bigger and to make grow their legs to look like some "Caucasian women"? I've seen a documentary last week in a French channel call "enquête exclusive" if there's any Nigerian bro in France he'll tell you about it, that was about Miss Venezuela and the contestants two were favourite, and the most beautiful was black (half cast but black for them) and she was the best as judges said but they took a white one be cause they said" A white girl will pass better than a black one in the Miss Univers, this is not racism here in Venezuela this is like this, "so you can see how "objective are theses judges". Now for example Miss France was beautiful she's white there's nothing to do with colour for me but come on we're everything but stupid, these selection is like "clone" competiton since they look alike most of times( Porto Rico, Venezuela, ) don't get me wrong this is not jealousy or something because yes some are really stunning, but a lot of Asian, carribean and African are gorgeous sometimes much better than what they want make us believe

Otumfour hello!!
Well I'm not afropessimistic, yes we've made mistakes but who haven't ? Initially this is about hating but as I told you I will always be proud of our culture, traditions , colour that's what it makes our BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by otumfour(m): 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2010
@nayah, this ain' abt "am proud to be black" wit all due respect, this is abt the blackman and his problems like the dummy up there who goes by the name ruq, do we alwayz have to blame the whiteman?
u go to America and the African-Americans (blacks) are even racist towards African blacks (every blackman is the same) more than the whites which is really painful, even down here in Africa this is happening, the blackman has a long way to go people,

ruq, are u now feeling the pain in ma earlier post? dumb ass fool, he still in denial how will his ilk change, whom unfortunately are plenty, smh
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by omar22(m): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2010
nayah, this ain' abt bin proud of blacks this is abt the blackman and his problems, do we alwayz have to blame the whiteman?

I thought Obama has blown that theory away,

@Nayah, sorry if I miss judged you!!!
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by otumfour(m): 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2010
omar22 lol, the answer pls?
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by chiogo(f): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2010
omar22:

So a White person cant be African?

So what would you call these ones (Miss Egypt, Morocco or Libya)

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/miss_egypt-Fawzia-Mohamed-hot-muslim.jpg

http://img.xcitefun.org/users/2008/02/711,xcitefun-runner-up.jpg

http://www.missfloridausa.com/E-Zine/Images/aug02-07f.jpg
They're Africans but not Blacks. Egyptians are more like Asians anyway.
Either way, they don't count. Her opinion.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Nayah(f): 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2010
Otumfour, racism and xenophobia will always exist because you can force anyone to like an aother, unfortunetely it's life, but you think this because you're a African and black so you're involved and will "amplify" everything when it comes to talk about your community, but some others community don't get on well each other like the "Arab World" for example, Middle East don't recongnize those from North Africans as their brothers and son on, no I truly think first it's about hating first, see with slavery episode, what did we do to be slaves? We were happy together before they went to divide us and brains wash our brothers in order to hate us we their brothers.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by omar22(m): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2010
omar22 lol, the answer pls?

Gen 9:

18-19 The sons of Noah who came out of the ship were Shem, Ham, and Japheth. Ham was the father of Canaan. These are the three sons of Noah; from these three the whole Earth was populated.

20-23 Noah, a farmer, was the first to plant a vineyard. He drank from its wine, got drunk and passed out, naked in his tent. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw that his father was naked and told his two brothers who were outside the tent. Shem and Japheth took a cloak, held it between them from their shoulders, walked backward and covered their father's unclothedness, keeping their faces turned away so they did not see their father's exposed body.

24-27 When Noah woke up with his hangover, he learned what his youngest son had done. He said,

Cursed be Canaan! A slave of slaves,
a slave to his brothers!
Blessed be God, the God of Shem,
but Canaan shall be his slave.
God prosper Japheth,
living spaciously in the tents of Shem.
But Canaan shall be his slave.

The "curse of Ham" had been used by some members of Abrahamic religions to justify racism and the enslavement of people of Black African ancestry, who were believed to be descendants of Ham.[
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by Hauwa1: 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2010
Jamaica made top 10, ummm, slept off so not sure who won.
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by otumfour(m): 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2010
interesting read omar22,
Re: Pics: Mbgn Universe Ngozi Odaloni at Miss Universe **sigh** + Pic Of Miss Ghana by THEAMAKA(f): 12:30am On Aug 25, 2010
@omar22
HUSH UP! I'M TALKING ABOUT BLACK AFRICANS HERE, NOT WHITE IMMIGRANTS or North African Arabs.
a lot of these girls have fake bosoms! when bouncing down during the swimsuit competition their bosoms didnt even budge.
FAKE WOMEN

chiogo:

They're Africans but not Blacks. Egyptians are more like Asians anyway.
Either way, they don't count. Her opinion.
thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Evgenia Smirnova Falls 80ft To Death From Apartment During 'Sex Party' In Thai / #EndSARS: Wizkid Shades Lauretta Onochie "Old Woman, See Your Mates" / Meet Curvy Tanzanian Model, Sanchoka (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.