Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" (2196 Views)

American Idol Winner,fantasia Confirms She Is Pregnant / Fantasia Barrino Named In Divorce/sexx Tape Scandal / Fantasia Barrino And Jamie Foxx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by mamagee3(f): 9:34pm On Aug 12, 2010
Fantasia Barrino is preparing for a possible legal war with the scorned wife of her married lover , because Fantasia's attorney tells us under North Carolina's "archaic" domestic laws, "women can sue women for stealing husbands."
As we previously reported, the "American Idol" champ had been in a relationship with a man named Antwaun Cook -- who is still married to Paula Cook. Paula recently filed for divorce , and in the legal papers, cited an "adulterous affair" between Fantasia and Antwaun.

Cook has not taken any legal action against Fantasia yet -- but Barrino's lawyer, Gena Graham Morris, tells us it very well COULD happen , because in NC there are certain "heartbalm torts , where a wife can sue a third party for having a relationship with her husband" -- it's called alienation of affection.

Morris adds, "The heartbalm torts arise out of the notion that women were once property that could be stolen like televisions. It is a comical irony that in 2010 women can sue women for stealing husbands."

Morris says she "hopes" Paula Cook will choose not to sue -- but in case she does, Morris vows to "vigorously defend" Fantasia.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/12/fantasia-barrino-lawyer-gena-graham-morris-lawsuit-husband-stealing-north-carolina/
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 12, 2010
Maybe the married couple even planned this lmao! Free money.

Anywaz, if this is really legal, then a lot of celebrities would have done it [eg Jen/Branjelina]
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by marcus1234: 9:39pm On Aug 12, 2010
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by SeanT21(f): 12:04am On Aug 13, 2010
That is what this ugly LovePeddler gets for being a homewrecker. Can't believe she lives in my state.
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by mamagee3(f): 12:05am On Aug 13, 2010
SeanT21:

That is what this ugly LovePeddler gets for being a homewrecker. Can't believe she lives in my state.
grin grin grin grin

What state do you live in?
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by SeanT21(f): 12:08am On Aug 13, 2010
North Carolina

She lives about 40 minutes from me in the city of Charlotte.
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by puskin: 12:37am On Aug 13, 2010
SeanT21:

mMm??. . . . .did U accompany her to one of her whoring adventures to know dat she's a LovePeddler??
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by mamagee3(f): 12:39am On Aug 13, 2010
SeanT21:

North Carolina

She lives about 40 minutes from me in the city of Charlotte.

You must be one lucky fellow. grin grin

So, whenever she's out of the hospital, send my greetings. grin
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by SeanT21(f): 5:23am On Aug 13, 2010
puskin:

mMm??. . . . .did U accompany her to one of her whoring adventures to know dat she's a LovePeddler??

Yes!! wink
mama-gee:

You must be one lucky fellow. grin grin

So, whenever she's out of the hospital, send my greetings. grin

Will do!! wink
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by EloSela(f): 10:54am On Aug 13, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Maybe the married couple even planned this lmao! Free money.

Anywaz, if this is really legal, then a lot of celebrities would have done it [eg Jen/Branjelina]

That law is only valid in certain states. Califorinia where Brangelina got together is not one of them

SeanT21:

And you are a picture of beauty I suppose??

Fantasia is no homewrecker. The only homewrecker in this scenario is the Antwan Cook who couldn't keep it in his pants. He was the one who was married with two kids, he took the vows and entered the marriage contract with his wife but he still openely pursued extra marital affairs with young vulnerable women like Fantasia.
He purposely went out of his way to deceive Fantasia, told her he was separated and that he lived alone in a different location away from his family and he even took her to that place.
The wife should concentrate on dealing with her husband and stop acting like Fantasia caused the breakup of their marriage because if you really lived in that state you would know that Antwan Cook is a serial cheater who has had numerous affairs before Fantasia even came on the scene.
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 13, 2010
SeanT21:

i struggle to understand some posts. What has fantasia's state of residence got to do with you?

Cant believe she lives in ur state?

Why?

- Do you own the state personally or is there a law that states women cannot be in an affair with whomever they pls?
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by philip0906(m): 11:12am On Aug 13, 2010
EloSela:

That law is only valid in certain states. Califorinia where Brangelina got together is not one of them

Fantasia is no homewrecker. The only homewrecker in this scenario is the Antwan Cook who couldn't keep it in his pants. He was the one who was married with two kids, he took the vows and entered the marriage contract with his wife but he still openely pursued extra marital affairs with young vulnerable women like Fantasia.
He purposely went out of his way to deceive Fantasia, told her he was separated and that he lived alone in a different location away from his family and he even took her to that place.

The wife should concentrate on dealing with her husband and stop acting like Fantasia caused the breakup of their marriage because if you really lived in that state you would know that Antwan Cook is a serial cheater who has had numerous affairs before Fantasia even came on the scene.
and u r attacking someone ele's post.With dat account of urs,seems like u were directly involved
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by EloSela(f): 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2010
philip0906:

and u r attacking someone ele's post.With dat account of urs,seems like u were directly involved

The Fantasia's full account of what happened is all over the news, black American sites like this one and blogs. She says the man told her he was separated and even took her to the place he claimed he was living since he left his family. There are also plenty of people on those Black American sites who claim to know Antwan Cook and that he is a serial cheater who has cheated on his wife since they were married.

The wife has the audacity to blame Fantasia for wrecking her marraige when she knows good and well that the man she is married to is a well known dog!
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by SeanT21(f): 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2010
davidylan:

i struggle to understand some posts. What has fantasia's state of residence got to do with you?

Cant believe she lives in your state?

Why?

- Do you own the state personally or is there a law that states women cannot be in an affair with whomever they pls?

It was a joke. RELAX!!
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by SeanT21(f): 11:14pm On Aug 13, 2010
EloSela:

Please, she knew he was married. They both take the blame. She should have known better.

Here she is with him after this whole suicide crap.

Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by tpiah: 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2010
um, did she really tattoo his name on her shoulder?

women sha. undecided smh.

http://wandaphullworld.com/2009/11/24/fantasia-is-denying-the-mistress-rumors/

and is it true the man went back to his family last christmas but the wife is filing for divorce anyway?

na wa.

i think with her money, fantasia can surely get a single man to date? Even if na to ship am from nigeria.
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by SeanT21(f): 11:38pm On Aug 13, 2010
yes, she did. His last name is Cook and its on her shoulder.

Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by tpiah: 11:40pm On Aug 13, 2010
well, i guess the man will get a talk show deal or something out of all this.

like bristol's ex boyfriend.

who said panshing the right woman wont propel you into fame.

fantasia should try dating a nigerian guy.

if i ask around i'm sure i might still have some relatives who are single.
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by SeanT21(f): 3:29am On Aug 14, 2010
Fantasia Barrino may have re-united with her married lover Antwaun Cook but one man who’s certainly NOT HAPPY about their re-union is her father Joseph Barrino, RadarOnline.com can reveal.
The American Idol winner - who reportedly attempted to kill herself after Cook called-off their relationship - was photographed with HIM as she shot some scenes for her VH1 reality show Fantasia For Real.
But her deeply religious father Joseph Barrino says he was not a happy man when we revealed to him that the shoot had taken place less than 24 hours after his daughter was released from the hospital.

[b]He tells RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview, “I do not think that can be real, it must be somebody else. I’m very displeased with that relationship because he is a married man and all of that has been discussed with Fantasia.”
And when RadarOnline.com told Fantasia’s dad that the meeting appeared to take place while shooting scenes for her new reality show, he says, “I do not think she would be back filming already.”
While her father seems to be in the dark about his famous daughter, the photographs clearly show the performer having heart-to-heart talks with her marriedlover
The pair have been involved in a roller coaster relationship in recent times which culminated in his wife Paula Cook filing a complaint against the singer who she claims knowingly had an affair with the married-father-of-two.
Antwaun Cook had called for a time-out on his relationship with Barrino because he was reportedly fed-up with all the drama but it now looks like the producers of Fantasia For Real have persuaded him to take part in the reality show so that they can translate their relationship into high ratings for the show.[/b]

A North Carolina police report revealed that Barrino attempted to commit suicide with ‘possible internal injuries’ after ‘ingesting medication’ at her home Glynwoor Lakes on Monday night.
Police sources and sources close to the investigation say Barrino was found in the closet of the Glynmoor Lakes neighborhood homeand she was taken to Mercy South Hospital at Carolinas Medical Center in Pineville.
The police report was classified as “801- suicide”.
Brian Dickens, Barrino's manager in Maryland, is listed on the police report as the one who notified CMPD that something was wrong with her.
According to the North Carolina police report the incident is still under investigation.
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by SeanT21(f): 3:30am On Aug 14, 2010
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by tpiah: 3:43am On Aug 14, 2010
she's still dating him?

i guess it must be love then.

maybe we'll see another wedding like alicia keys' own.
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by SeanT21(f): 3:53am On Aug 14, 2010
She was spotted with him today or yesterday in the pics I posted above. I dont know if they are dating or not but she needs to leave the man alone.
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by tpiah: 4:42am On Aug 14, 2010
^^good luck with that.

until the guy calls it quits after achieving enough fame, she'll probably be on him like white on rice.
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 14, 2010
damn, fantasia has gained weight shocked shocked shocked

And the dude aint that fine for all the drama.

And why tattoo his name? Wow! Thank God for tattoo remover sha.

EloSela:

So this Law actually passed? How can you tell ppl who to date or not? And what if a woman ends up dating a man, but doesnt know of his marital status? undecided
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by EloSela(f): 6:38am On Aug 14, 2010
It's an ancient law passed back in the day when wives were seen as property. Unfortunately it still exists today like many other irrelevant laws. Wives who are burned when their husbands leave them for another woman are still using it to get their own back at their husbands mistresses.

I think it is about time the scrapped the law as people will stray from marriages if they are not happy and it is unfair to blame another person for their actions.
Re: Fantasia May Be Sued For "stealing Husband" by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 14, 2010
EloSela:

It's an ancient law passed back in the day when wives were seen as property. Unfortunately it still exists today like many other irrelevant laws. Wives who are burned when their husbands leave them for another woman are still using it to get their own back at their husbands mistresses.

I think it is about time the scrapped the law as people will stray from marriages if they are not happy and it is unfair to blame another person for their actions.
Exactly.

I'm not a fan of FANtasia, but the dude needs to suffer, not her.

(1) (Reply)

Saint Obi And Richard Mofe Damijo: Who Hot Pass: ? / Olamide Durosoke Vs Wizkid Jaiye Jaiye - Which Do You Think Rocks Better??? / REVEALED: Davido's Childhood Video At 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.