Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients (2495 Views)

Young Shall Grow Transport To Build Five-star Hotel In Eko Atlantic City / Who Is Behind The Re-branding Secret Of Young Shall Grow Motors / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by IAmSkinny: 11:38pm On Jan 15, 2019
My elder brother who lives in Abuja sent me a laptop (I live in Lagos) through Young Shall Grow Motors.
He paid for the waybill and gave me the driver's number so I can track my package and get it as soon as he gets to Lagos. I called the driver around 6PM the same day and he told me he was in Ibadan that I should be patient. I called again 9PM and he told me someone bashed his car at Redeem Camp so I wouldn't be able to get it that day.
I had no problem with that because I knew the package was headed to their Jibowu park, so I kept my cool. I went to Jibowu this afternoon to pick it up. I met a fair man there who claims to be the store keeper after much shakara and unnecessary delays from the so-called keeper (I was already very irritated at this point), he finally asked me to pay five hundred naira for store keeping.
The money was small ok but for Pete's sake it's broad daylight extortion and for a moment I almost fell for it. I asked the store keeper to explain what the money was for and why it was like that and the man refused. In fact, he was behaving like a mini God. I was just like a piece of rag before him maybe because of our huge age difference.
The guy was treating me like how a white man in Tennessee would treat a nigger in the 50's. At a point I asked for an account for me to transfer the cash but the store keeper insisted I paid cash. He asked me to go look for an ATM actually.

His attitude really hurt me so I flared up, called me elder brother who sent me the package and explained things to him. Next, I requested for the manager in charge of their Jibowu office and what he said even me shocked me the more. The so-called manager told me that I had to pay the store keeping fee and that my package was an unofficial package because I didn't register it so I had to pay for store keeping. My people, does this make any sense at all? I mean where is the logic behind this?
Was it my fault your driver arrived late?
I am paying to get my package sent to me so how you store it is none of my business.
These words I said to the manager who actually devised another strategy to make me drop something at all at all. He told me to go and beg the man with two hundred naira blah blah but I refused and stood my ground. I wasn't going to pay even five naira. That got the manager and the others in the office with them. They started shouting and told me to go away, they even shut the window on me ooo my people. Wetin even carry my brother go send package through Young Shall Grow Motors? See me see wahala o
I refused leaving and told them how I was so going to pan them with my reviews which I am actually doing right now.
After sometime, the manager called the store manager who grudgingly handed over my package to me. I no pay kobo! Except for the 3k waybill which my brother paid in ABJ.

*Fellow Nigerians, help me ask Young Shall Grow Motors which one is store fee again?
*Which one is unofficial package again?

*Why will a customer pay a company's incompetence?
*Why is there corruption and extortion in every nook and cranny of Nigeria?
Stay away from Young Shall Grow Motors if you want peace of mind. Those guys have zero customer service plus you will get extorted at the slightest given chance! Only God knows how they treat their passengers with what I saw today.
Mods please, FP. The world needs to see how those crooks at Young Shall Grow Motors, Jibowu are obtaining money illegally from people in the name of waybill.

3 Likes

Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by flejnr2(f): 11:54pm On Jan 15, 2019
S
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by itiswellandwell: 4:05am On Jan 16, 2019
It's normal. Have paid it countless times. There is nothing like corruption in it. If you had sent it via their normal courier, that wouldn't have happened. Yes! The guy secured the laptop. Here is how it works. When driver gets to the park, he doesn't want to gamble with the safety of your property. He hands it over to someone who can do it better. Aside from the safety sef, the driver seems not to be around and he hands it over to a trusted person which is the safety guy instead of keeping you waiting when you come to pick up assuming he is in a far distance. As a matter of fact, they have a safety box. Seen one at ido park. You were just lucky to meet a kind manager. Next time, just bargain and free yourself of the headache. As a matter of fact, it's either the manager pay the store guy or mandate the driver to do some when he comes
The store guy will be paid. All the best.

1 Like

Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by mjizzie(m): 6:28am On Jan 16, 2019
Actually, I dont even like Young Shall grow for anything. They are so incompetent, their buses are so slow and their drivers too are greedy set of people. They always turn your 17 hours journey to 28 hours. I have promised myself never to have nay Business again with them. Those that have the strength to withstand their rubbish can continue.

1 Like

Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by gentle007(m): 8:40am On Jan 16, 2019
itiswellandwell:
It's normal. Have paid it countless times. There is nothing like corruption in it. If you had sent it via their normal courier, that wouldn't have happened. Yes! The guy secured the laptop. Here is how it works. When driver gets to the park, he doesn't want to gamble with the safety of your property. He hands it over to someone who can do it better. Aside from the safety sef, the driver seems not to be around and he hands it over to a trusted person which is the safety guy instead of keeping you waiting when you come to pick up assuming he is in a far distance. As a matter of fact, they have a safety box. Seen one at ido park. You were just lucky to meet a kind manager. Next time, just bargain and free yourself of the headache. As a matter of fact, it's either the manager pay the store guy or mandate the driver to do some when he comes
You lie!
What was the 3k paid for? And you are speaking like we have not been doing waybill before. I am having a feeling that you are a Young Shall Grow staff.
The package is supposed to be moved to the intended location and the recipient informed via call or SMS to come for pick up.
Secondly, if it wasn't registered, the wrong thing to do is asking the customer to pay anything. Rather, the driver should even be reprimanded for for such illegality of back hand deal.

3 Likes

Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by itiswellandwell: 8:47am On Jan 16, 2019
gentle007:

You lie!
What was the 3k paid for? And you are speaking like we have not been doing waybill before. I am having a feeling that you are a Young Shall Grow staff.
The package is supposed to be moved to the intended location and the recipient informed via call or SMS to come for pick up.
Secondly, if it wasn't registered, the wrong thing to do is asking the customer to pay anything. Rather, the driver should even be reprimanded for for such illegality of back hand deal.

Learn to read very well next time. Package wasn't registered. It's sent via one of their drivers. That's why the manager even supported the payment of storage fees. When you don't do things the right way, you see anyhow. That is it. All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by IAmSkinny: 8:58am On Jan 16, 2019
itiswellandwell:

Excuse me sir, the 3k I paid was for what? Is the store keeper not a staff of YSGM? Is he not under their pay roll? If he isn't then YSGM motor are so incompetent that they cannot even handle waybills properly so they have to involve third party at the expenses of their clients.
This comment of yours exposes the incompetence of YSGM even more.

I know you are a staff of YSGM. Now why was my brother not asked to register the package when he was about sending it? Why was he not given prior knowledge of this so-called unofficial and official package? Well it's simple! They want to extort someone at the end of the day!

3 Likes

Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by IAmSkinny: 9:06am On Jan 16, 2019
gentle007:

You lie!

Help me tell am o. Why didn't they inform my brother about this so-called registration before he sent it? They know what they are doing. They know they will end up extorting him at the end of the day in the name of something they refused telling him in the first place.

Is the store keeper not a staff of YSGM? What the heck is the 3k for then?

1 Like

Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by itiswellandwell: 9:21am On Jan 16, 2019
IAmSkinny:

Excuse me sir, the 3k I paid was for what? Is the store keeper not a staff of YSGM? Is he not under their pay roll? If he isn't then YSGM motor are so incompetent that they cannot even handle waybills properly so they have to involve third party at the expenses of their clients.
This comment of yours exposes the incompetence of YSGM even more.

I know you are a staff of YSGM. Now why was my brother not asked to register the package when he was about sending it? Why was he not given prior knowledge of this so-called unofficial and official package? Well it's simple! They want to extort someone at the end of the day!

The 3k is for the delivery. You paid the driver the 3k. Most drivers don't want to remove a dime from delivery for anything, that's why the driver asked you to take responsibility for the storage fees. Mind you, you didn't deal with young shall grow motors directly. Had it been, you used their courier department, you have a business with the company but you only have a business with their driver which is even illegal in some organization. So, expect any kind of treatment.
See, the storage guy isn't any of their staffs. He is just that trusted guy that has another business in the area and since everyone trusted him, he decided to keep stuffs for people. He might even be a mallam that sell things in there area and since he is has people trust, they keep things with him and he charges for it. Hope this helps.
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by IAmSkinny: 9:33am On Jan 16, 2019
itiswellandwell:

The 3k is for the delivery. You paid the driver the 3k. Most drivers don't want to remove a dime from delivery for anything, that's why the driver asked you to take responsibility for the storage fees. Mind you, you didn't deal with young shall grow motors directly. Had it been, you used their courier department, you have a business with the company but you only have a business with their driver which is even illegal in some organization. So, expect any kind of treatment.
See, the storage guy isn't any of their staffs. He is just that trusted guy that has another business in the area and since everyone trusted him, he decided to keep stuffs for people. He might even be a mallam that sell things in there area and since he is has people trust, they keep things with him and he charges for it. Hope this helps.

My brother paid to the cashier at their ABJ office and not the driver sir. I have her number (the cashier) right here. The business was with the cashier and not the driver.
The driver didn't ask me to do anything. He only asked me to meet the store keeper the following day and collect my package. Did you miss the part where I mentioned he arrived late sir?
I paid three k to get my item sent to me and not to get it stored please.
I ask you again, why didn't they inform my brother about the whole package registration thingy in the first place sir? U are trying so hard to justify the unjustifiable.
Are you saying YSGM don't have their own store? What the Bleep! Guys did you see that? Who do we now hold responsible when our package gets lost because the store keeper is not even a staff and therefore, cannot be held responsible by the company. Oh my gosh, YSGM are so incompetent that they can't secure the goods of their clients themselves. This is really bad people. Stay away from Young Shall Grow Motors.

1 Like

Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by itiswellandwell: 9:38am On Jan 16, 2019
IAmSkinny:

My brother paid to the cashier at their ABJ office and not the driver sir. I have her number (the cashier) right here. The business was with the cashier and not the driver.
The driver didn't ask me to do anything. He only asked me to meet the store keeper the following day and collect my package. Did you miss the part where I mentioned he arrived late sir?
I paid three k to get my item sent to me and not to get it stored please.
I ask you again, why didn't they inform my brother about the whole package registration thingy in the first place sir? U are trying so hard to justify the unjustifiable.
Are you saying YSGM don't have their own store? What the Bleep! Guys did you see that? Who do we now hold responsible when our package gets lost because the store keeper is not even a staff and therefore, cannot be held responsible by the company. Oh my gosh, YSGM are so incompetent that they can't secure the goods of their clients themselves. This is really bad people. Stay away from Young Shall Grow Motors.

That means the fault is with the cashier. All the best.
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by IAmSkinny: 9:47am On Jan 16, 2019
itiswellandwell:

That means the fault is with the cashier. All the best.
The fault is actually with the whole "pay five hundred naira for store keeping" system and the failure of the staffs of Young Shall Grow Motors to properly enlighten clients before sending their package.

1 Like

Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by IronPants: 9:58am On Jan 16, 2019
Young Shall Grow Motors = Oloriburuku rogue infested company oozing with nothing but corruption and extortion.
Very useless company!
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by gmaribel(m): 11:43am On Jan 16, 2019
I will find time to write about my horrible experience with young shall grow.
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by IAmSkinny: 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
gmaribel:
I will find time to write about my horrible experience with young shall grow.
Another testimony coming.
Those guys are nothing but cooperate criminals. We need to keep exposing the antiques they put in place to extort people.
Please Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Seun do something about this.
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by gentle007(m): 3:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
itiswellandwell:

Learn to read very well next time. Package wasn't registered. It's sent via one of their drivers. That's why the manager even supported the payment of storage fees. When you don't do things the right way, you see anyhow. That is it. All the best
I read it very well. If package wasn't registered, why then did the store keeper accept it? The backyard deal has been going on in the company. Drivers will accept packages thereby denying the company revenue, then same package will be kept at the store of the same company. And the customer is mandated to pay again?!

Like I said before, the driver should have paid for the store fee. What am I even saying?! The driver should be punished! The store keeper should be punished because I am very sure the 500 naira wouldn't have gotten to the company, and the manager should also be punished for supporting illegality.
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by IAmSkinny: 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2019
gentle007:

I read it very well. If package wasn't registered, why then did the store keeper accept it? The backyard deal has been going on in the company. Drivers will accept packages thereby denying the company revenue, then same package will be kept at the store of the same company. And the customer is mandated to pay again?!

Like I said before, the driver should have paid for the store fee. What am I even saying?! The driver should be punished! The store keeper should be punished because I am very sure the 500 naira wouldn't have gotten to the company, and the manager should also be punished for supporting illegality.
God bless for seeking the truth. Good things will happen to you for speaking the truth!
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by DonHummer(m): 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2019
Oga op They did nothing wrong.
The package was sent through the driver. people patronize the drivers cause it's cheaper compared tho the official price of the transport coy. Mind you that practice is illegal and the drivers do it without the knowledge of the coy. Your grievances should have been channelled to the driver. Mind you if that laptop did not reach its destination, you can't hold the coy responsible cause they are not aware of the transaction.
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by IAmSkinny: 5:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
DonHummer:
Oga op They did nothing wrong.
The package was sent through the driver. people patronize the drivers cause it's cheaper compared tho the official price of the transport coy. Mind you that practice is illegal and the drivers do it without the knowledge of the coy. Your grievances should have been channelled to the driver. Mind you if that laptop did not reach its destination, you can't hold the coy responsible cause they are not aware of the transaction.
Did you skip the part I said the waybill fee was collected by the cashier and not the driver?
I paid to Young Shall Grow Motors and not any silly driver.
Abeg read what I posted again.
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by Godwritten: 6:00pm On Jan 16, 2019
There are 2 ways u can do waybill with trans companies.The cheaper but riskier one is to send the package thru the company's driver. If anything happens to the package, the company has no question to answer because u didn't register it in their courier dept.So, the money paid is driver's and probably the manager in Abj. If he saw the deal and does not go to the company. To avoid this type of extortion, I usually tell the driver that the receiver will pay the waybill charges upon collection of the package.Drivers I had dealt with always frowned at this terms,but they didn't have other option.Honestly, had op's bros used 'pay upon delivery', the driver would have waited for him to Collect his money.He won't have liked the storekeeper to receive the 3k for him. That's that.
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by itiswellandwell: 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2019
IAmSkinny:

Did you skip the part I said the waybill fee was collected by the cashier and not the driver?
I paid to Young Shall Grow Motors and not any silly driver.
Abeg read what I posted again.

Bro, young shall grow doesn't do courier service. They just job you. Cashier collected the package, collected 3k. Will give driver 1500. Remove 1500 as profit for herself. You see why the driver can't pay the storage fees. Cashier might not be able to say they don't do waybill cos she saw business. Forget about any registration the manager told it. Your brother should have known when he wasn't given a tracking number but a driver's number. Registered waybill, you have no business with any driver. Next time, go for Gig, agofure, peace mass, ABC transport. Those are the ones I know that does courier. I hope you have learnt some lessons. Sadly, you can't fight this. It's a dead on arrival course.
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by adadioranmah(f): 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
Bunch of thieves...

One tried that with me and I told him to waybill the item back to the sender..
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by SKhanmi: 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2019
Once you don't collect it direct from the driver,you'll have to pay for safe keeping. Another devised way of getting you to pay more. I was surprised when one driver tried it with me,not that he was busy or unavailable or something, this guy deliberately dropped the package & went around the corner with instructions for them to collect money from me? Something that has already been paid for!. Na him kuku call them back say make dem release am since ino wan gree. Folks getting desperate day by day
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by IAmSkinny: 10:35pm On Jan 16, 2019
itiswellandwell:

Bro, young shall grow doesn't do courier service. They just job you. Cashier collected the package, collected 3k. Will give driver 1500. Remove 1500 as profit for herself. You see why the driver can't pay the storage fees. Cashier might not be able to say they don't do waybill cos she saw business. Forget about any registration the manager told it. Your brother should have known when he wasn't given a tracking number but a driver's number. Registered waybill, you have no business with any driver. Next time, go for Gig, agofure, peace mass, ABC transport. Those are the ones I know that does courier. I hope you have learnt some lessons. Sadly, you can't fight this. It's a dead on arrival course.

I actually won the battle because I didn't pay a dime. Finally you agree there is an element of dishonesty and corruption on the side of the staffs of Young Shall Grow Motors. Same dishonesty and corruption the Jibowu branch manager endorsed.
I am creating a huge awareness and I am happy people are responding with their own experiences. You even put a bullet into the heart of Young Shall Grow Motors by recommending companies with better services.
Re: How Young Shall Grow Motors Extort Knowing And Unknowing Clients by IAmSkinny: 10:38pm On Jan 16, 2019
SKhanmi:
Once you don't collect it direct from the driver,you'll have to pay for safe keeping. Another devised way of getting you to pay more. I was surprised when one driver tried it with me,not that he was busy or unavailable or something, this guy deliberately dropped the package & went around the corner with instructions for them to collect money from me? Something that has already been paid for!. Na him kuku call them back say make dem release am since ino wan gree. Folks getting desperate day by day

No mind all these desperate scammers

(1) (Reply)

Bgfundz.com is a scam beware / Vandera: Trading Site. / Business that will make you a millionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.