Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says (1012 Views)

Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You" / My Wife Turns Down Sex Because Of Lockdown - Man Says (Video) / Paigey Miller: 25-year-old Woman Lives As Full-time Baby In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by trendysturvs(f): 11:37am On Jan 16, 2019
This is according to the young man who thinks having kids in the first year of marriage is dumb and puts a strain on the relationship.

I understand his points but I think "dumb" is too strong a word to use in this context. In marriage, you will keep learning new things about your partner everyday and it will never be the same when you start having kids no matter the number of years you wait before having kids.

What do you thinkĀ #mums?

Read more tweets below:

https://tsb.com.ng/2019/01/having-a-baby-in-the-first-year-of-marriage-is-dumb-man-says/

1 Like

Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by trendysturvs(f): 11:38am On Jan 16, 2019
More tweets

Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by Olalan(m): 11:41am On Jan 16, 2019
Oga we live in Africa where after wedding months later everyone stylish look out for a tummy bulge.........
BTW you can't label people's choice o when to have kids as dumb, this is a personal decision that should be respected.

1 Like

Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by Malakky: 11:42am On Jan 16, 2019
People and their different perspective, u don't enforce it on anyone. It sometimes depends on the age u got married.

2 Likes

Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 16, 2019
I understand his point. But to say it is dumb and ridiculous is unacceptable.

We don't all operate on the same time table, besides, we are Africans.

After a year, if Belle never show, your own parents will start telling you to see pastors and deliverance ministers.

That's aside your in-laws o.

If you now tell them you are waiting a year, a Yoruba mother will tell you "Oloun maje, igba ti o shey agan".

2 Likes

Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by Birdeyeview: 11:43am On Jan 16, 2019
Theres still no particular time to raise an offspring after marriage o oga....if you are capable financially raising up kids early is actually the best thing to do...life's too deep
Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 16, 2019
He has a point....
But he is pointless
Because he is not married..... End of discussion
Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 16, 2019
So what would you say about those that had their kid(s) outside wedlock, got married and are currently living happily ever after?

Commomgetoutofhere!
Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by ValCon888: 11:52am On Jan 16, 2019
Everybody wants to trend on social media with their half-baked ideas...
Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by ValCon888: 11:52am On Jan 16, 2019
...Not knowing that what is applicable to Emeka and Chinenye may be totally harmful to Tunde and Folake.

Marriage is dynamic and there's no 'one solution fits all'
Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by Oyindidi(f): 11:58am On Jan 16, 2019
Na your own be that
Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2019
Olalan:
Oga we live in Africa where after wedding months later everyone stylish look out for a tummy bulge.........
BTW you can't label people's choice o when to have kids as dumb, this is a personal decision that should be respected.

what do you mean we live in africa ? are you saying those who live in africa cant think of mistakes that routed in a culture or tradition

let me shed some light

1 even if you dated for 7 years(mostly in african culture and tradition you dont leave together your only see each other for maximum of days) you barely know each to understand each that you run a home just as the two of you

2 dating in africa is usually from your parents home/your own renting place, you know each through just visits that are coordinated (its total different from leaving together and adding a child )

3 it is better to spend more 4 years or more having just fun while planning and saving for the child future, especially in africa were from primary till university the education is not free

4 as much your might have pressure from family members try to defend your goals as couple by telling them the truth aka we are not ready financially to have a child so quick, most newly weds are tied up in looking after their little brothers and sisters skol fees etc on top of that you add your own child its recipe for same cycle of poverty

1 Like

Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by Pusyiter(m): 12:27pm On Jan 16, 2019
kennygee:
I understand his point. But to say it is dumb and ridiculous is unacceptable.

We don't all operate on the same time table, besides, we are Africans.

After a year, if Belle never show, your own parents will start telling you to see pastors and deliverance ministers.

That's aside your in-laws o.

If you now tell them you are waiting a year, a Yoruba mother will tell you "Oloun maje, igba ti o shey agan".
On point Kennygee, in fact, let's meet in the other room if belle dey hungry you. grin
Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by Acidosis(m): 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
He's very correct
Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by Avidtags: 2:16pm On Jan 16, 2019
I mean, this is common sense. I have always wondered why Nigerian couples have kids as soon as they get married, what's the rush?
You should only have children when both partners are comfortable in their marriage, stabilized in their careers and mentally prepared to have kids. why should societal norms come before common sense?
Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by techking: 2:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
wink
Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by lilmax(m): 3:03pm On Jan 16, 2019
having your kids in 10years of marriage is the best decision you'll ever make

too many idiots this days forming woked, it's irritating
Re: Having A Baby In The First Year Of Marriage Is Dumb - Man Says by Funky123(f): 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2019
I know people who said they won't get pregnant in their first year in marriage cos they wanna enjoy themselves before kids start coming,its normal but in Africa if after 3 months you wife is not pregnant,then everyone will want to know what's wrong with her,a friend of mine who got married 1month ago was explaining how people have started using style to ask how far now,The husband self dey complain.....What works for you might not work for me

(1) (Reply)

Lizzy Evoeme (ovularia) Is Still Alive / Beware Of This Monika Favoryte33 Bhanks968. He Is A SCAMMER / Serious Matter Needs Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.