Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries (10030 Views)

Bandits Kidnap Female Students Of College Of Health Technology In Tsafe, Zamfara / #EndSARS: Masquerade, Youths Protest At Unilag Gate (Pictures) / Lagos Landlord & Wife Arrested For Brutalizing Tenant Over Unpaid Bills (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by flamingskull(m): 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2019
Chaos In Abia State College Of Health Technology As Police Fires Live Bullets

Real story by flamingskull(eye witness)

There was pandemonium today in Abia state college of health technology Aba as police fires teargas, bullets at protesters.

Today at Exactly 1:10pm, the usual peaceful environment of Abia state school of health was thrown into a chaotic state as protest breaks out among workers over unpaid salaries.

The workers who expressed their dissatisfaction over months of unpaid salaries staged a protest

The protesters locked down the only entrance into the institution and stopped both the inflow and outflow of people.

Then after 2 hours police arrived at the scene and started shooting live bullets sporadically in the air and broke the gate locks, then they fired teargas at everybody ( both students, workers, and even people who were going about their business).

The whisked away the protesters, however as at the time of writing this nobody was confirmed dead or hit by stray bullet, however people who were allergic to the effects of the teargas fainted and are currently being revived

Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by michealdeco: 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2019
Nawaoo

I pray nobody got killed or even stomped to death

This country Don tire me

I de fly go Libya tonight via Benin airline

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by morikee: 5:45pm On Jan 16, 2019
Space for sale
Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by ainas247: 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
smiley
Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by 1Sharon(f): 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
Igbo amaka
Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by Josnac(m): 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
Wonderment!!
I passed that school gate around 11:58am today and everywhere was very calm asides the hustle and bustle of the adjoining Mosque Street.

Well, I for one praise the lecturers and staffs who are being owed severel months salaries.

OUK was corrupt, but his own corruption was "chop I chop"..he'll encourage you to make sure your people benefit from any appointment you have received.. Unlike T.A Orji and Ikpeazu who only surround themselves with their cronies and feed fat on the people's wealth.

I'm a proud beneficiary of the free education of the OUK regime in Abia..there was corruption, yes, just like GEJ era but people were paid their salaries, roads were good, and businesses boomed.

Now both at the state and Federal levels only few get to really breath while the rest of the populace fight tooth and nail to feed.

Imagine politicians even sharing garri in Lagos just to confuse the electorate because elections don near.

Forget Tsunamis, earthquakes, landslides and the rest, politicians are our own natural disasters!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by shawnpepe(f): 5:50pm On Jan 16, 2019
Nawa
Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by eslason(m): 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
Buhari again

2 Likes

Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by Pajemo(m): 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
Mumu government undecided

1 Like

Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by helinues: 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2019
Even though I condemned the Police shooting life bullet but the workers shouldn't have blocked the gate.

Somethings might be normal in other countries but in Nigeria, they are abnormal
Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by Nasman387(m): 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2019
oh! Abia, my dear State.
Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by chuddyforlife(m): 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2019
E shall nt be well with daht governor.....epkeazu Workers will bring out there time,enery etc,,,to work,@ end of the month you will not pay them there salary!!!

2 Likes

Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by marvin906(m): 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
I don't get it
is it that the NPF don't have rubber bullet,or water tank or they just love shooting bullets at civilians

1 Like

Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by SaiAtikuTill203: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
Say yes to Restructuring!!!
Say yes to Atiku/Obi2019!!!
Better Nigeria With Atiku!!!
Nigerians assuredly recognizes the options before us come February 2019, obviously the right choice is an Atiku team[A-Team] at the helm of affairs. Every vote cast for Wazirin Adamawa will be an eloquent repudiation of the A.P.C. government, our votes will mark an epoch as well as monuments for us and generation yet unborn because through the ballot box we will challenge sense of lethargy ,hopelessness, resignations, frustrations and the hypocrisy of an oppressive capricious A.P.C led government . An Atiku Presidency will further defeat the militating factors that impede our journey to a deserved greatness amongst the comity of nations. In deference to President Obama and for our people in the intervening months leading up to the elections, Our votes will proclaim “an end to the petty grievances, lopsided corruption, insurgency, nepotism and false promises, the recriminations and worn out dogmas that for so long have strangled our politics” Alhaji Atiku Abubakar buoyed by the audacity of hope on your imminent emergence as the next civilian President of our beloved country. I make bold to write that your mandate to rule Nigeria come 2019 is a “divine call” merely vested on you in trust and as a caretaker for the masses of Nigeria. It is neither for any emerging cabal nor political mongers even the over patronized elites cannot appropriate undue benefits. It would be in recognition of the “unsung, uncelebrated and anonymous Nigerians. Men and women scattered across the country

1 Like

Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by ybalogs(m): 6:34pm On Jan 16, 2019
Some politicians distributing 1000 jamb forms in ikoyi....if you have any student in need. Pls advise them. Its part of commonwealth abeg.
Name is Gbolahan Ishawu...
Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by fergie001: 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2019
ybalogs:
Some politicians distributing 1000 jamb forms in ikoyi....if you have any student in need. Pls advise them. Its part of commonwealth abeg.
Name is Gbolahan Ishawu...
E don reach like that?
Re: Protest At Abia State College Of Health Technology Over Unpaid Salaries by lastempero: 12:49am On Jan 17, 2019
More than 50 percent of them are ngwa indigenes and they still support the slowpoke that is their governor that can't pay salaries.

(1) (Reply)

Manslaughter: Nollywood Star, Ibinabo Fiberesima Jailed / Chienyenwa Nnodua: Imo Vigilante Member Arrested Over Lover’s Death / Police Seek Secret Trial Of Yunusa Dahiru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.