Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,199 members, 7,860,301 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

I Need Help With My Honda Accord 2003 Model - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need Help With My Honda Accord 2003 Model (513 Views)

Honda Accord 2003 Model@ N930k / Cleanest Honda Accord 2003 EX Black And Silver Ever!!! Price Reduced / Honda Accord 2003(E.O.D) For Sale! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help With My Honda Accord 2003 Model by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 13, 2010
I noticed that when I drive at top speed and then bring the car to a halt, with the engine on, the car will start to rev on its own with the gear in neutral or park. Then I noticed that when I'm parked without speeding and the gear is inpark, the car will start to vibrate and give a rattling kind of sound but when I push the gear to neutral, the vibrations reduce. I don't notice any of these when the car is in motion. What could be wrong? I'm so afraid of mechanics making it worse than it already is.

Is there anyone that has had a similar experience or does anyone know what might be wrong?

Please I look forward to your suggestions
Re: I Need Help With My Honda Accord 2003 Model by KunleA2(m): 11:26am On Aug 13, 2010
dappssee:

I noticed that when I drive at top speed and then bring the car to a halt, with the engine on, the car will start to rev on its own with the gear in neutral or park. Then I noticed that when I'm parked without speeding and the gear is inpark, the car will start to vibrate and give a rattling kind of sound but when I push the gear to neutral, the vibrations reduce. I don't notice any of these when the car is in motion. What could be wrong? I'm so afraid of mechanics making it worse than it already is.

Is there anyone that has had a similar experience or does anyone know what might be wrong?

Please I look forward to your suggestions

I am almost certain it will be the Idle Air Control Valve. It happened to me long ago in my Civic CRX. I will suggest that you clean it and if it doesn't improve, you will need to change it.

The picture below is what it looks like.

For a step by step on how to clean it, read the link below:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1575913

Its very easy that anyone with a slight technical knowledge can do it

Good luck. Happy Motoring

Re: I Need Help With My Honda Accord 2003 Model by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2010
Thanx. I'll do just that and see what difference it makes
Re: I Need Help With My Honda Accord 2003 Model by ALAKANNI(m): 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2010
On the issue of vibrating and rattling sound, tell your Mechanic to check the Engine and gear "mount" it is possible that they are bad and if it is so it makes the engine to vibrate, also if your idle control valve is not working well, it will make the engine to vibrate especially when the gear is engaged. Cheers!!

(1) (Reply)

Cheap American Car Parts / Your Car With The Best Insurance Education / Realiable And Affordable Gps/gprs/gsm Vehicle Tracking Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.