Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Have U Forgiven Anybody Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have U Forgiven Anybody Today? (668 Views)

Would Judas Had Been Forgiven If He Asked Forgiveness? / But Why Did Jesus Had To Die For Us...god Could Have Just Forgiven Us / I Slept With My Neighbour's Wife. Has God Forgiven Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have U Forgiven Anybody Today? by matoyeh(m): 2:43pm On Aug 13, 2010
3 Bible Tips: Forgiving
1. Jesus Christ explained that if we won't forgive others, God won't forgive us.

"'And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors… For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses'" (Matthew 6:12, 14-15).

2. How often should we forgive? Lots and lots.

Is it enough to forgive seven times? No!

"Then Peter came to Him and said, ''Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?' Jesus said to him, 'I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven'" (Matthew 18:21-22).

3. Though we expect more of our Christian brothers and sister, we must not forget to forgive them when they let us down.

"And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you" (Ephesians 4:32).
Re: Have U Forgiven Anybody Today? by shumno(f): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2010
70 times 7 = 490. One cannot get offended more than once, even if you get offended by the same person 20 times a day that means you should forgive. This means forgiveness should be part of us and come naturally. May God grant us the grace to forgive at all times in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Have U Forgiven Anybody Today? by matoyeh(m): 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2010
Thank you my brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Have U Forgiven Anybody Today? by vescucci(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2010
Forgiveness comes naturally. That means no one and nothing can make you forgive someone who you haven't forgiven. You may only refuse to retaliate. I forgive people all the time. Some people deserve my forgiveness, some don't. Some people forgive me when I do wrong and some do not. Things remain the same in this universe.
Re: Have U Forgiven Anybody Today? by tpia5: 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2011
forgiveness.

Definition of FORGIVE

transitive verb

1a : to give up resentment of or claim to requital for <forgive an insult>

b : to grant relief from payment of <forgive a debt>

2: to cease to feel resentment against (an offender) : pardon <forgive one's enemies>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forgive
Re: Have U Forgiven Anybody Today? by thehomer: 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2011
shumno:

70 times 7 = 490. One cannot get offended more than once, even if you get offended by the same person 20 times a day that means you should forgive. This means forgiveness should be part of us and come naturally. May God grant us the grace to forgive at all times in Jesus name. Amen.

How do you count an offense? When someone offends me, if they do no apologize within 490 seconds, they will have to face whats coming to them since each second that passes adds to the offense of not requesting for forgiveness.
Re: Have U Forgiven Anybody Today? by vescucci(m): 2:20am On Jul 05, 2011
In other words, mtschew

thehomer:

How do you count an offense? When someone offends me, if they do no apologize within 490 seconds, they will have to face whats coming to them since each second that passes adds to the offense of not requesting for forgiveness.
Re: Have U Forgiven Anybody Today? by tpia5: 4:03am On Jul 05, 2011
thehomer:

simple yes or no, is ok.
Re: Have U Forgiven Anybody Today? by thehomer: 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2011
tpia@:

simple yes or no, is ok.

It depends on whether or not they've apologized.

(1) (Reply)

Be Warned God Can Kill / How To Get Your Eyes On Jesus / Prophet Tb Joshua Plan To Build Uni 4 Physically Challenged.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.