Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

How Whogohost Has Destroyed My Site...flee From Any Nigerian Hosting Copany - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Whogohost Has Destroyed My Site...flee From Any Nigerian Hosting Copany (915 Views)

HELP: Nigerian Hosting Companies Are Set To Ruin My Life / Please Recommend Me A Nigerian Hosting Service Provider / Which Nigerian Hosting Company Should I Go For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Whogohost Has Destroyed My Site...flee From Any Nigerian Hosting Copany by Cyberleets: 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2019
So there was a site I setup for a client, just last weekend the client called me complaining that the site is not opening again.
I checked it and it was displaying and error message showing the site was not found on the server.

I checked my file manger/ftp and behold, whogohost has deleted all the website files..I panicked cos I don't have the backup file..

I contacted them and they told me the server my site was hosted on was having some issues and they are trying to fix it.

It's been 5 days now, nothing.

Now my client who obviously have no knowledge of how host works is on my neck.

I would have moved to foreign host but I can't now since I don't have the files anymore

I GET ANGRY WHEN EVER I SEE THESE CRROKS ADVERTISE THEIR USELESS HOST HERE...99.9% OF THEM DONT HAVE ANY PHYSICAL OFFFICE OR SERVER.

IF YOU LIKE YOUR BUSINESS, AVOID ANYTHING NIGERIAN HOST...

2 Likes

Re: How Whogohost Has Destroyed My Site...flee From Any Nigerian Hosting Copany by Julius2214(m): 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2019
Cyberleets:
So there was a site I setup for a client, just last weekend the client called me complaining that the site is not opening again.
I checked it and it was displaying and error message showing the site was not found on the server.

I checked my file manger/ftp and behold, whogohost has deleted all the website files..I panicked cos I don't have the backup file..

I contacted them and they told me the server my site was hosted on was having some issues and they are trying to fix it.

It's been 5 days now, nothing.

Now my client who obviously have no knowledge of how host works is on my neck.

I would have moved to foreign host but I can't now since I don't have the files anymore

I GET ANGRY WHEN EVER I SEE THESE CRROKS ADVERTISE THEIR USELESS HOST HERE...99.9% OF THEM DONT HAVE ANY PHYSICAL OFFFICE OR SERVER.

IF YOU LIKE YOUR BUSINESS, AVOID ANYTHING NIGERIAN HOST...
Na u fhck up o.
How would you host a client's site on a naija host.
I once made that mistake 2 or 3 years ago. I decided to try out Domainking.ngg hosting for a client site. I used WordPress for the project. After installing WordPress, I purchased and installed a theme, but the site wouldn't load, it was blank. I tried many things before I later discovered it was the hosting.
I had to spend extra for a foreign host and the site was up in just few minutes without any issues.
Buying domain from Nigerian registrars is OK, but not hosting.
Re: How Whogohost Has Destroyed My Site...flee From Any Nigerian Hosting Copany by Julius2214(m): 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2019
Re: How Whogohost Has Destroyed My Site...flee From Any Nigerian Hosting Copany by OMG1: 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2019
Sorry. It happens is some foreign Hosts as well
Re: How Whogohost Has Destroyed My Site...flee From Any Nigerian Hosting Copany by testedtechs: 7:12pm On Jan 17, 2019
I'm a website developer with over 7 years experience from scratch and I know how frustrating things like that can be..

I had a similar experience when i was starting out in the game but learnt my lessons... I sent mails tire befor finally decided to move myself ans setup testedtechs.com for my clients website and email hosting on premium SSD servers in the US.

I also run another hosting company with a friend and in all, we have over 100 clients and more are joining weekly.

Will be happy to give you access to test run , sure you'll love it cos it's also affordable... we can also share ideas if need be

https://testedtechs.com

(1) (Reply)

Google Adsense Approval Trick - Best Google Adsense Approval Eligibility Checker / Google Adsense Help: That Are Policy Violations That You Must Fix. / What You Should Know About Apis And API Gateways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.