Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix (42565 Views)

Trailer Collides With A Biker In Kaduna, Crushes Lady Dead, Injure Biker (Graphi / Family Going To Church Involved In Accident In Enugu, All Dead! (Graphic Pics) / Okada Rider Collides With A Jeep In Makurdi Today,dies On The Spot(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by ponziponzi(m): 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2019
mctfopt:

If you see there are no roads, what happens to waiting till you can conveniently overtake?

You are right, drivers should have more patience to minimise accidents. However, our roads need to be properly built to accommodate the level of traffic they experience.
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Oricha79(m): 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
[quote author=FuukaFuuka post=74891639][/quote] dey take buhari swear for you?
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by JasonScoolari: 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
Valfrankie:
I don't know why this meme makes me so sad. It breaks my heart. Where can I find the story behind the picture? cry
My bro, I really don't know much about the story, but that's the exact way I feel reading this sad news now.

Just see someone lying on the road dead is really disheartening.
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by habinccihub: 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
Na wa o
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Chinashopping84: 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
Life is just so short that in the next seconds no one knows what will happen
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2019
See as person die like say she dey sleep. lipsrsealed
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Baroba(m): 6:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
Country were 90% of drivers don't go to driving school, what da furkk do you expect.. Madness.May the souls of the innocent passengers RIP
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by goodnewscliff(m): 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2019
NIGERIA DRIVERS REALLY NEED TO BE EDUCATED ON ROAD DRIVING...... NOT EVERY TOM DICK ND HARRY AR E DRIVERS....
dis January alone,,, accident has claimed allota lives..

i weep
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by noni14(m): 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2019
RIP

Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 18, 2019
Mere looking at the dead woman, one can easily deduce that she is just another mom hustling to provide for her family, Lord have mercy. cry
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Artistree: 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
PrettyCrystal:
Watch the heartbreaking video HERE.
Who recorded the heartbreaking video and why should anyone wanna watch it?
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by mctfopt: 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
ponziponzi:

You are right, drivers should have more patience to minimise accidents. However, our roads need to be properly built to accommodate the level of traffic they experience.

A lot of things still needs to be done in this country called Nigeria. But till it's done, I guess we just have to help ourselves.
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by webmaster3: 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
Goridoe:

Where u dey rush go? Why not kuku use ah Chopper so you can overtake them all at once !! Someone is saying Patience is a Virtue in whatever the situation might be, you're saying road is not properly built lmao!! Naija My Country !!! grin

You getting it wrong.. This exact scenario would have been avoided if it's a dual carriage road.. It's meant to be a highway.. No doubt driver was over speeding though
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by mctfopt: 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
Artistree:

Just a blogger looking for traffic... nothing to see here. smiley
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by DavSagacity(m): 7:01pm On Jan 18, 2019
hedonistic:
Overtaking should be outlawed. In my experience, most accidents are caused by overtaking in one form or the other. Either you're trying to overtake a vehicle or 'overtake' a pothole... Only to end up causing untold tragedy.

If only drivers could be more patient. The rate of accidents would reduce by 80% if every driver on the road stays on their own damn lane. Keeps to their damn right. It's really that simple. All this agidi forming, jumping from right to left hurrying to nowhere... It's really the devil using you.
Yes my brother. that's the word. To be more patient.
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by ud4u: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
Rip
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Allansmith: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hmmmmmm...Lord have mercy on every journey we embark either Long or short regardless of what means of transportation we use...Amen

JasonScoolari:
.....And this one na the same bridge when I pass this morning.

May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Ayokeku(m): 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
cry cry cry cry cry cry
I'm sad right now,may there soul rest in peace
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
How long is Niger bridge kwa that a driver cannot just be patient? This is an avoidable accident.
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2019
Oricha79:
dey take buhari swear for you?

Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by ponziponzi(m): 7:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
mctfopt:

A lot of things still needs to be done in this country called Nigeria. But till it's done, I guess we just have to help ourselves.

It is the responsibility of Nigerians to always point it out every time, that's the only way to get it done. You should know that bridge was open for use in 1965, same year Singapore got her independence.
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Natty14(m): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
The Asaba- Onitsha bridge can not contain the transport need of the people.

The bus drivers are impatient. They want to earn a 100K ,in a day.

Zoo governments are politicizing the second bridge like they don't have the money.

I am tired of this country!

1 Like

Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Vince77(m): 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2019
The moment i saw the title i already knew it was caused by wrongful overtaking. The way drivers overtake on that bridge is something else. It's more like the normal way of driving on the bridge but I suspect that the reason this bus collided with the truck was because it wasnt fast enough to complete the overtake so the truck hit it. Overtaking on the Niger bridge is for fast vehicles.
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by collinsJn(m): 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
JasonScoolari:

The Hold Up Wey dey that road Today Na Hell. It Took Me Like 2Hrs 30mins B4 I Could Cross The Bridge.
So Sad. R.I.P To the Victims. Sending Strength To the Affected Family Members.
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by barinedan(m): 9:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
This January is too bloody
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by Shugargal(f): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Bros you wan kiii person eehhh kwa, this grandma pic you uploaded crying can split my heart, some of us that are too emotional can't bear the pain of the dead people we are seeing and still seeing grandma crying.ohh Jesus grant them eternal rest.
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by xcelentattitude(m): 10:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
hedonistic:
Overtaking should be outlawed. In my experience, most accidents are caused by overtaking in one form or the other. Either you're trying to overtake a vehicle or 'overtake' a pothole... Only to end up causing untold tragedy.

If only drivers could be more patient. The rate of accidents would reduce by 80% if every driver on the road stays on their own damn lane. Keeps to their damn right. It's really that simple. All this agidi forming, jumping from right to left hurrying to nowhere... It's really the devil using you.

Bros, its two ways. Its either you're lying or you're not saying the truth. It appears to me that even though you may have a car, you have not been driving on long journeys, say Abj - Lagos. Even the fastest of buses enter Lagos or Abuja at night despite starting the journey on time.

Saying it's the driver's fault to me, is not keeping it real enough. Most of the time it's the road.
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by doggedfighter(f): 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
Valfrankie:
I don't know why this meme makes me so sad. It breaks my heart. Where can I find the story behind the picture? cry

I always see raw pain on the on the old woman's face. Heartrending meme.
Re: Bus Collides With Truck At Niger Bridge In Onitsha. Passengers Dead. Graphic Pix by doggedfighter(f): 11:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
Artistree:

Senseless video

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Crushes Vehicles On Kaduna-Abuja Road, Many Dead. Photos / Top 15 Things We Used To Do In 80's/90's We Do No More / PHOTO: What Will You Do If You See This In Your Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.