Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,205 members, 7,849,727 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:48 AM

Alleged serial rapist, Asiwaju commits suicide at a hotel in Festac hours after - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Alleged serial rapist, Asiwaju commits suicide at a hotel in Festac hours after (444 Views)

Theodore Anyanji Dies At A Prayer And Healing Church In Festac / Tacha Mobbed By Fans In Festac (Video) / Bisi Alimi: 'I Attempted My First Suicide At 17 Due To My Sexuality' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alleged serial rapist, Asiwaju commits suicide at a hotel in Festac hours after by Parrotmediaa: 9:19am On Jan 19, 2019
The founder of Asiwaju Royal Furniture in Ojo, Lagos, Michael Asiwaju, popularly known as Mike Cash, has taken his own life following several rape allegations against him.

City Round learnt that Asiwaju died at a hotel in Lagos.

He was said to have taken a poisonous substance suspected to be Sniper and was met lifeless in his hotel room around 12am on January 13, 2019.

It was learnt that the father of one had checked into the hotel in the evening of the previous day.

Shortly before he committed suicide, he had expressed his intention via his Twitter handle, Asiwaju_limited, to end his life.

“Goodbye I’ll die soon. (I) am gone,” he tweeted at 7.35pm on Saturday, January 12.

Asiwaju was prominent on the social media platform with about 24,700 followers.

The post was the last of several tweets the deceased broadcast last Saturday, between 5.52pm and 7.35pm, in response to the allegations.

Last week, a Twitter user, @thatgoddess, had called out Asiwaju, noting that she had information about how he raped a woman inside his car. She, however, said facts about the allegation were still sketchy.

Later on, she posted a chat history between her and an unnamed woman, who claimed to have been raped by the young businessman sometime in May 2017.

In the chat history, the woman alleged that Asiwaju lured her into a hotel in Festac and forcefully slept with her.

The woman’s chat read in part, “I don’t want anyone linking me to this. He raped me. His full name is Michael Asiwaju. He owns a furniture company. He’s also known as Mike Cash. He is mostly in Festac. He tried to lure me with money and gifts. He was asking me out and I refused. I was just fine being friends with him because he was a controlling person

He said I’m his girlfriend and I just laughed about it cos (because) I never agreed to be his girlfriend. He always wanted me to come see him but I always refused. Then, he accused me of sleeping around with men. I ignored him and then he apologised. So he called me and said I should come hang out with him and his friends at the beach.

Source: http://parrotmediaa.com/2019/01/19/businessman-accused-of-rape-kills-self-after-posting-suicide-note-on-twitter/

Re: Alleged serial rapist, Asiwaju commits suicide at a hotel in Festac hours after by booblacain(m): 9:25am On Jan 19, 2019
Was it really worth it?
Re: Alleged serial rapist, Asiwaju commits suicide at a hotel in Festac hours after by Tamarapetty(f): 9:26am On Jan 19, 2019
Just imagine if he was actually innocent. . R i p

(1) (Reply)

#davido’s Brother, Adewale, Becomes The First Nigerian Celeb To Buy A 2019 Car I / Walter Anga, Wife Welcome Baby Girl / Actress Onyii Alex Celebrates Her Birthday In A See-through Outfit (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.