Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Does Lions Heart By Genevive Really Worth The Hype? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Does Lions Heart By Genevive Really Worth The Hype? (408 Views)

Blood Sisters Series On Netflix Worth The Hype? / Imbd Hackers Include Genevive Nnaji In Avengers Infinity war cast / Imbd Hackers Include Genevive Nnaji In Avengers Cast As On Of The Dora Milajes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Lions Heart By Genevive Really Worth The Hype? by ItzChinnex(m): 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2019
Does Lions Heart By Genevive Really Worth The Hype? I was never a Nigerian movie fan neither would i be except things changes for good ( lol, though my not watching Nigerian movies changes absolutely nothing). I always get disturbed about “LionHeart” both in my dreams, friends and family members telling me to watch a ‘must watch’ trending movie. What is so special about this movie? I guess it’s just one of those boring Nigerians movies out there I thought.

Well, my thought may be right or wrong with the question Does Lions Heart By Genevive Really Worth The Hype?

Of course, this movie premiere had being the most anticipated of recent times. Most especially when it always appears in almost all media platform like blogs, facebook and other means of adverts until it release. What really skyrocketed the movie was when Netflix acquired ” LionHeaet. ” Though it was already popular.

Incase you don’t know what Netflix is all about, i will briefly explain to you below.

What is Netflix

Netflix, Inc. founded in 1997 is an American media-services provider in califonia, headquartered in Los Gatos, California. It was founded by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley, California.

Netflix occupies the world’s 10th-largest internet company by revenue. Yes! This is to show you how big Netflix is.

Back to the topic:

So What’s up? I was bewildered, very bewildered about this. About Lionheart by Genevive being acquired by Netflix because was it first of it kind in Nigeria. So I decided to give it a try by watching this hyped movie. I had promise myself never to watch any Nigerian movies but not this particular one. I was caught in this! Yes i was caught because i hated Nigerian movies but “LionHeart” was the talk of the town which I couldn’t resit. But does Lions Heart By Genevive Really Worth The Hype?

My Standpoint After Watching Lionheart By Genevieve
God really knows, I mean really knows that I don’t like most of Nigerian movies but here is one thing really spectacular about Lionheart. It was Natural.

How was it natural? You could see the way they acted lionheart if you have really watched it. This was a family business. it’s such a business everybody tries to contribute their two cents to the development and success of the company.

With this, nobody had to get scared about their wicked uncle in the village who tries to get rid of his brother and take over the business or, their witch aunty in the village who tries to make anyone become poor like her or run mad because of how successful her relations are.

Ikem Owoh was the brother to Pete Edochie and uncle to Genevieve in the movie. He took the entire burden upon himself to see that the company’s debt is being solved.

To me I think the movie is not overhyped. In fact, it is underrated in Nigeria. A movie that teaches everyone that all hope is not yet lost when you’re alive. A movie that also promotes African culture in a very clear context. Movie that has one of its sole purpose of promoting inter-ethnic peaceful coexistence among different ethnic region. A movie that brings in suspense and catharsis.

Please Genevieve, keep on the good work.

In conclusion
To be plain with you, if nigerians could at least take a few steps of lion’s heart by Genevieve, Nigeria movie industry would strive for the better. They should always do away with witches and wizard fantasies. Yes witches might exist or they might not but Nollywood should think out side the box of more advance ideas not just acting same thing all over and over again expecting a different result.

Source: http://gistfam.com/does-lions-heart-by-genevive-really-worth-the-hype/

Briareos, prof800, UjSizzle

1 Like

Re: Does Lions Heart By Genevive Really Worth The Hype? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 19, 2019
angry
Re: Does Lions Heart By Genevive Really Worth The Hype? by Hardrive(m): 5:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
No, Poor story line. That's all. A good story makes a great movie.

(1) (Reply)

BBNAIJA: Big Brother Nigeria Announce When The Show Will Start / Winner of Big Brother Naija 4 to get N60M worth cash prize / Six Months Imprisonment Awaits Anybody Caught Attacking Fulani Herdsmen - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.