Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements (7140 Views)

Lagos Distributes Maize, Sorghum To Farm Settlements / Ondo Government Gives Ultimatum To Defaulters In Farm Settlements / Farmlands 4 Lease @FoodWallet Mechanized Farm Settlements -10k/hectare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by thebiggestgists(m): 1:18am On Jan 20, 2019
The Osun State Government has said it will establish 12 new farm settlements across the state.

The state government said the vision behind the establishment of the farm settlements underscored the high priority the Governor Gboyega Oyetola-led government placed on agriculture in a bid to make farming more financially rewarding to farmers.

The Supervisor, Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, Dr Charles Akinola, while addressing stakeholders, explained that the present administration planned to establish 12 additional farm settlements to increase food production in the state.

He said this would improve the economic status of farmers and the people of the state.

According to a statement by the Information Officer, Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, Toyin Adeoye, on Friday, Akinola also emphasised the need for farmers in the state to cooperate with the government in its drive to assist them to boost their business.

He said the report of each farm settlement and the challenges encountered should always be submitted to the government through the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security.

Akinola stated that the reports would make it easier for the government to address issues relating to the settlements with the urgency they deserved.

The President, Conference of Farmers Settlers Association, Chief Razak Adedapo, pledged the association’s readiness to support the government and its new policies on agriculture.
source

https://punchng.com/osun-to-establish-12-new-farm-settlements/amp/

4 Likes

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Jestin: 6:06am On Jan 20, 2019
If if will be beneficial to the people...FCT

1 Like

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by traffwire: 6:06am On Jan 20, 2019
Lol
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Sincinnati: 6:07am On Jan 20, 2019
How many does Aregbesola own by proxy?
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by naijaguy123456(m): 6:09am On Jan 20, 2019
This is farm settlement and not cattle ranch. I said this before our Jewish ipob brothers rush here and start their rubbish.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 20, 2019
Farm settlements and cluster communities should be encouraged by all state governments in Nigeria. In as much as individual farm entrepreneurs should be supported, individuals alone cannot feed this nation in the nearest future with the way our population keeps exploding.

12 Likes

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by vastolord4(m): 6:10am On Jan 20, 2019
Yet to, will soon, coming year,. That's what we keep hearing.. finish one God damn project that will be visible to the naked eye abeg

1 Like

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by theoldpretender(m): 6:10am On Jan 20, 2019
Sincinnati:
How many does Aregbesola own by proxy?

Aregbe has left Government house a while ago....

Plus the settlements would be owned by the State.

6 Likes

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by zoedew: 6:11am On Jan 20, 2019
After selling off the existing one at Oshogbo to themselves! They are not serious about food security.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by theoldpretender(m): 6:14am On Jan 20, 2019
Not sure what I think about this...

Personally, this is just a rehash of an old idea of Awolowo's.

I think regarding agriculture...any state should focus on educating farmers on cost effective ways to improve production ,plus giving more financial aids/incentives for large scale commercial farming.

2 Likes

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by RealityShot: 6:17am On Jan 20, 2019
Do it first BEFORE calling PRESS conference!
VOTE BUHARI for continuity

1 Like

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by swtdrms(m): 6:19am On Jan 20, 2019
This is one of the reasons why the PDP should never in anyway be made to come close to governance. These are little limps we are supposed to have experienced long time ago. APC is setting an all inclusive system in place to make sure the poor are brought out of poverty. Over the years, what has PDP achieved in the aspect of agriculture and food security? Nothing except lip services.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Omogbhollahorn(m): 6:29am On Jan 20, 2019
Not a bad development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:48am On Jan 20, 2019
Scam alert
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:50am On Jan 20, 2019
Good way to go .
We are on our way to a new Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by martowskin1(m): 7:17am On Jan 20, 2019
swtdrms:
This is one of the reasons why the PDP should never in anyway be made to come close to governance. These are little limps we are supposed to have experienced long time ago. APC is setting an all inclusive system in place to make sure the poor are brought out of poverty. Over the years, what has PDP achieved in the aspect of agriculture and food security? Nothing except lip services.

Have u been to osun state before? Many of u just sit on ur android phones and see everything happening around the country

Osun state is another zone for poverty, I have a farm there, my reason of having such investment there despite been a southerner is due to cheap labour, I can pay them anything and get the job done ....

Their hungry is in another level, this is a state being ruled by APC for long time now not PDP.... So what am I saying

Stop deceiving ur self with this APC\pdp game, they are all same, an average Nigeria man is meant to be greedy and self centred..

Do u know how many times have visited osogbo for farming support, as regard what they claim they do for farmers, but yet nothing will happen

Maybe because am not from the state... Who knows .....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Basic123: 7:24am On Jan 20, 2019
martowskin1:

Have u been to osun state before? Many of u just sit on ur android phones and see everything happening around the country

Osun state is another zone for poverty, I have a farm there, my reason of having such investment there despite been a southerner is due to cheap labour, I can pay them anything and get the job done ....

Their hungry is in another level, this is a state being ruled by APC for long time now not PDP.... So what am I saying

Stop deceiving ur self with this APC\pdp game, they are all same, an average Nigeria man is meant to be greedy and self centred..

Do u know how many times have visited osogbo for farming support, as regard what they claim they do for farmers, but yet nothing will happen

Maybe because am not from the state... Who knows .....

YOU ARE A BIG LIAR!

The computation of HDI for the UNDP Nigeria Human Development Report (2016) which was released by NBS had rated Osun the second lowest state on the poverty index, one of the five states with lowest unemployment rate by NBS, and the second richest state in Nigeria by the United Nations’ Multi-Dimensional Poverty Index in 2017.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/osun-now-has-the-lowest-poverty-rate-in-nigeria/2d2ft0c

4 Likes

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by martowskin1(m): 7:30am On Jan 20, 2019
Basic123:

YOU ARE A BIG LIAR!

The computation of HDI for the UNDP Nigeria Human Development Report (2016) which was released by NBS had rated Osun the second lowest state on the poverty index, one of the five states with lowest unemployment rate by NBS, and the second richest state in Nigeria by the United Nations’ Multi-Dimensional Poverty Index in 2017.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/osun-now-has-the-lowest-poverty-rate-in-nigeria/2d2ft0c

That's what am saying, u run around the internet and come here to make noise with doctored materials

Am a traveller, moving in and out of osun for the past 7yrs ....

Am telling u what is on ground there not what I read from the internet....

Which low unemployment are u talking about in OSUN state, Ede, ilesa, osogbo, etc, this towns are broke bro...

In short, take Lagos out, the entire SW state are down....

Nairalanders start traveling at least Nigeria states, it will do u guys good and change ur perspective of things

1 Like

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by adebayo3449(m): 7:46am On Jan 20, 2019
zoedew:
After selling off the existing one at Oshogbo to themselves! They are not serious about food security.
Wow
You must know osogbo very well.
But I thought they said, they are using it for government stuff. I was at agric oke osun last week.
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 20, 2019
frenzyduchess:
Farm settlements and cluster communities should be encouraged by all state governments in Nigeria. In as much as individual farm entrepreneurs should be supported, individuals alone cannot feed this nation in the nearest future with the way our population keeps exploding.
I feel you're right about your assertion. While it's true that state governments need to put plans in place to bolster the agricultural sector and increase food output to address Nigeria's population explosion issue, I think it's more important to create policies to keep our population in check.

That's what any serious government would do. The natality rates among Nigeria's poor and uneducated — especially in the North — is alarmingly high.

I feel the government, both at the federal and state levels, should adopt and enforce a two-child policy, like what was done in China after the legislation backing the one-child policy was repealed in the Asian country in 2015.
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Basic123: 8:04am On Jan 20, 2019
martowskin1:

That's what am saying, u run around the internet and come here to make noise with doctored materials

Am a traveller, moving in and out of osun for the past 7yrs ....

Am telling u what is on ground there not what I read from the internet....

Which low unemployment are u talking about in OSUN state, Ede, ilesa, osogbo, etc, this towns are broke bro...

In short, take Lagos out, the entire SW state are down....

Nairalanders start traveling at least Nigeria states, it will do u guys good and change ur perspective of things
here we go again, Claimed 7yrs Osun and argue with the indigen who has spent all his life in Osun.

Take Lagos out of Southwest bla bla bla

I knew it!,He is one IPOB terrorist who sought greener pasture Osun state.

why can't you just take Anambra out of SE and tell us what remain?

Infact in that your almighty Anambra,

Ozizo,Amiyi,Mputu,Obe
agwo,Ohita,Odekpe,Ogbakuba,Och
uche,Umuuodu,Ossomala,Ogwu-Ano
cha,Umunamkwo,Umuzu,Okpoko
Umuleri,Igbariam,Aguleri,Nando,Nsugbe,EziAgul
uotu,Mkpunando,Enugwu-Aguleri,Umuoba-Anam and Otuocha. ETC are one precipice of poverty and miserable living!

2 Likes

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Ademat7(m): 8:21am On Jan 20, 2019
Basic123:

here we go again, Claimed 7yrs Osun and argue with the indigen who has spent all his life in Osun.

Take Lagos out of Southwest bla bla bla

I knew it!,He is one IPOB terrorist who sought greener pasture Osun state.

why can't you just take Anambra out of SE and tell us what remain?

Infact in that your almighty Anambra,

Ozizo,Amiyi,Mputu,Obe
agwo,Ohita,Odekpe,Ogbakuba,Och
uche,Umuuodu,Ossomala,Ogwu-Ano
cha,Umunamkwo,Umuzu,Okpoko
Umuleri,Igbariam,Aguleri,Nando,Nsugbe,EziAgul
uotu,Mkpunando,Enugwu-Aguleri,Umuoba-Anam and Otuocha. ETC are one precipice of poverty and miserable living!

As a fellow omoluabi I must let u know that strangers are important in any given society bcoz they give u an honest opinion about yourself,.He is saying d truth.
Yoruba ronu majeki awon oloselu tan e je
Tinubu shouldn't near leadership in a sane country.
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by Basic123: 8:32am On Jan 20, 2019
Ademat7:

As a fellow omoluabi I must let u know that strangers are important in any given society bcoz they give u an honest opinion about yourself,.He is saying d truth.
Omolusbi Indeed,As a confirmed IPOB member I am telling him the truth.
And Bode George, E. babatope,fayose,Jimi agbaje, shouldnt near leadership!

2 Likes

Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by SIRTee15: 9:27am On Jan 20, 2019
Ademat7:

Ignore that guy....
Everything to him is APC v PDP....
Is it not aregbesola's rule of 8 years that burdened the poor state with generational debt......
I've not really been to osun but I won't be surprised if hunger reign supreme just like most other nigerian hinterland states.....
As per Tinubu....
I've always said it that Tinubu's ultimate goal is to introduce almajiri system of government into Yoruba land....
Where we have the ignorant n hungry masses dependent on few rich political elites for daily living n sustenance....
Re: Osun To Establish 12 New Farm Settlements by emmasege: 9:32am On Jan 20, 2019
Interim governor, enjoy the office while it lasts.

This year, the we trust that God will use the judiciary to restore our mandate so that you can go back to your ajele master in Lagos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buyers Of Cashew Nuts Needed / Fish Drying Machine For Sale / "Eta" In Yoruba Tribes Killed Today In My Farm.what's The Name In Ur Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.