Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / . (2940 Views)

A Dog Made A Little Baby To Stop Crying (Photos) / A Dog Made FRSC Officials Free The Boss In Edo State / dot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Babatunde360: 10:39am On Jan 20, 2019

My puppy has parvo and the vet doctor has given her medication and saline drip but her poo is still watery and she is not eating or drinking anything . Wanted to know if garri through a syringe would be a good idea. Thank you In anticipation
Re: . by ArcFresky(m): 10:43am On Jan 20, 2019
Garri through syringe ke?
How will the garri particles pass through the syringe needle? lipsrsealed undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by kunleweb: 10:45am On Jan 20, 2019
Babatunde360:
My puppy has parvo and she has been taking medication and saline drip but her poo is still watery and she is not eating or drinking anything . Wanted to know if garri through a syringe would be a good idea. Thank you In anticipation

If the name.iis boooohari go ahead

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Babatunde360: 10:47am On Jan 20, 2019
ArcFresky:
Garri through syringe ke?
How will the garri particles pass through the syringe needle? lipsrsealed undecided
it can pass through the syringe without the needle
Re: . by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:50am On Jan 20, 2019
Lolzzzzzzzz this Buhari administration can make you see solution in poverty grin grin grin grin

You that cannot feed yourself why did you go and buy dog

So of all liquid food, it's only garri that came to your mind

Lord have mercy!!!

Anyways try this:
Chicken broth made from boiling white chicken meat in plain water is very beneficial

It contains all the nutritional value of the chicken, prevents dehydration and is easy for the dog to drink.

Use syringe or squeeze a ball of cotton wool saturated with the broth into her mouth.

broth made from overcooked rice can help to soothe their stomachs. Boil the rice until it becomes a soupy, congee-like substance and then try feeding it to the dog.

4 Likes

Re: . by Babatunde360: 10:55am On Jan 20, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Lolzzzzzzzz this Buhari administration can make you see solution in poverty grin grin grin grin

Lord have mercy!!!
U don't have to b stupid, but you choose when you can read and see the dog is not eating and suffering from diarrhoea it needs something solid that can hold the stomach

1 Like

Re: . by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:58am On Jan 20, 2019
Babatunde360:

U don't have to b stupid, but you choose when you can read and see the dog is not eating and suffering from diarrhoea it needs something solid that can hold the stomach
You must be frustrated if you cannot see a simple sarcasm!

I understand

2 Likes

Re: . by Babatunde360: 11:00am On Jan 20, 2019
Re: . by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:07am On Jan 20, 2019
Babatunde360:

Guy just agree. Poverty is written all over your write-up. Stop forming one kind thing, garri is the best option you can afford

Go and see a Vet doctor. Or just use your improvised garri if it's working
Re: . by Babatunde360: 11:13am On Jan 20, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Guy just agree. Poverty is written all over your write-up. Stop forming one kind thing, garri is the best option you can afford

Go and see a Vet doctor. Or just use your improvised garri if it's working
If you don't have anything sensible to say just shut up
Re: . by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:15am On Jan 20, 2019
Babatunde360:

If you don't have anything sensible to say just shut up
Go and see a vet doctor now is something not sensible. You see why I said that poverty is written all over you
Re: . by Babatunde360: 11:18am On Jan 20, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Go and see a vet doctor now is something not sensible. You see why I said that poverty is written all over you
can't you read or will I be the one prescribing drips or medication or did I tell you I haven't been to the vet , I am asking if it's safe for the dog to take something you are here trying to form comedian
Re: . by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:24am On Jan 20, 2019
Babatunde360:
can't you read or will I be the one prescribing drips or medication or did I tell you I haven't been to the vet , I am asking if it's safe for the dog to take something you are here trying to form comedian
just say you don't have money, let me link you with one vet doctor.
But what's brought the idea of garri if not poverty?? Sha it's not a crime

Upload a pix of your dog lemme even confirm something grin
Re: . by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2019
So in the whole of Google, you didn't see any idea, it's garri you see. Smh
Re: . by babythug(f): 11:41am On Jan 20, 2019
Try dry garri or give her plain pap no milk or sugar.
Re: . by Babatunde360: 12:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
babythug:
Try dry garri or give her plain pap no milk or sugar.
Thanks already given her pap and glucose
Re: . by space9880: 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
Babatunde360:

give diastop to hold the stomach
Re: . by Babatunde360: 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
space9880:
give diastop to hold the stomach
how many ml
Re: . by McMayor(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2019
You are just a savage. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Wiseandtrue:

Lord have mercy!!!

Anyways try this:
Chicken broth made from boiling white chicken meat in plain water is very beneficial

It contains all the nutritional value of the chicken, prevents dehydration and is easy for the dog to drink.

Use syringe or squeeze a ball of cotton wool saturated with the broth into her mouth.

broth made from overcooked rice can help to soothe their stomachs. Boil the rice until it becomes a soupy, congee-like substance and then try feeding it to the dog.

1 Like

Re: . by McMayor(m): 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2019
I will just say continue to pray and takecare of the dog... Treatment of parvo is 50/50... As for the watery poo, ensure you reduce the dogs movement / access to water. Also as someone has said, boil chicken then chop it to smaller portions for easy consomption.

I remember when Athena(My female BB) had Parvo, this is the most security conscious of my dogs... You need to see how BIG the dog looks before the illness then you need to see how slim she was during the attack but luckily for me and Athena, We survived it. Luckily Gaia and Eyes escaped it too.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2019
McMayor:
I will just say continue to pray and takecare of the dog... Treatment of parvo is 50/50... As for the watery poo, ensure you reduce the dogs movement / access to water. Also as someone has said, boil chicken then chop it to smaller portions for easy consomption.

I remember when Athena(My female BB) had Parvo, this is the most security conscious of my dogs... You need to see how BIG the dog looks before the illness then you need to see how slim she was during the attack but luckily for me and Athena, We survived it. Luckily Gaia and Eyes escaped it too.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2019
McMayor:

Just put down the puppy and get another one.
Re: . by jeff1607(m): 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
McMayor:

seems you love Greek mythology right?
Re: . by breezy007(m): 6:52pm On Jan 22, 2019
I am currently treating my dog for parvo. Its been a week and shes getting better. Shes been having daily injections which was quite expensive. At home dont give her water i repeat do not give water! Instead ORS in very little water which youll force feed her and white flagyl and vitamin c (these should be every 6hours, and yes mid nights also. Use of bleach to wash any part of your body or thing also area s the dog gets in contact with to avoid spreading the virus. Golden morn would be her to keep dog alive. Trust me the dog’s appetite to eat anything will be zero. Dog will be weak. Throwing up and vomiting will be reduced and wait the virus out, your vet must also be a good one, but the major recovery will come from your personal efforts. Goodluck.
Re: . by Babatunde360: 12:18am On Jan 23, 2019
Day6

Re: . by Babatunde360: 12:19am On Jan 23, 2019
Before treatment

Re: . by Babatunde360: 12:21am On Jan 23, 2019
breezy007:
I am currently treating my dog for parvo. Its been a week and shes getting better. Shes been having daily injections which was quite expensive. At home dont give her water i repeat do not give water! Instead ORS in very little water which youll force feed her and white flagyl and vitamin c (these should be every 6hours, and yes mid nights also. Use of bleach to wash any part of your body or thing also area s the dog gets in contact with to avoid spreading the virus. Golden morn would be her to keep dog alive. Trust me the dog’s appetite to eat anything will be zero. Dog will be weak. Throwing up and vomiting will be reduced and wait the virus out, your vet must also be a good one, but the major recovery will come from your personal efforts. Goodluck.
Whenever I force feed her she starts vomiting so I had to stop that
Re: . by breezy007(m): 5:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
Babatunde360:

Whenever I force feed her she starts vomiting so I had to stop that

Continue force feeding. Mine did same. Just continue it would retain some of whatever you feed it.
Re: . by Babatunde360: 1:55am On Jan 28, 2019
breezy007:

Continue force feeding. Mine did same. Just continue it would retain some of whatever you feed it.
She died
Re: . by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2019
Babatunde360:

She died
See? It was bound to happen, that is why I said you should put the dog down instead of spending all that Money trying to cure it, usually when a dog gets parvo, chances of that dog surviving is very rare.
Re: . by Babatunde360: 6:53pm On Jan 28, 2019
mhd5757:

See? It was bound to happen, that is why I said you should put the dog down instead of spending all that Money trying to cure it, usually when a dog gets parvo, chances of that dog surviving is very rare.
Took her to the vet even before she started pooing blood or vomiting liquid
Re: . by breezy007(m): 12:26am On Jan 29, 2019
mhd5757:

Well i wanted to put mine down, i had lost hope but then i kept trying. Now shes gaining her appetite and returning to her healthy body size. So i guess my puppy is among the 20% of puppies to survive parvo this year, trust me the effort i put in was so much for about 5days. Sorry for the loss, remember to wash dog kennel with bleach to prevent a new dog or another dog picking up the virus.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Got My First Pet. How Can I Train Him In Becoming A Beast? / [PICS] Superb Adult Male German Shepherd Dog For Sale!!! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.