Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,723 members, 7,813,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? (1855 Views)

Pharmacists or Medics Working Abroad, Your Opinions Are Needed. / Simple Jobs Unemployed Nigerians Can Do And Make Money On Fiverr / Breaking: Lagos State Government Approves Consultancy Cadre For Pharmacists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? by erenax: 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
I have been hearing several acclaimations that there are still many unemployed and jobless pharmacy graduates in Nigeria. Please can anyone verify the veracity of these acclaimations?
Re: Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? by shollish(m): 7:23am On Jan 25, 2019
it's on the increase nowadays
I'm thinking of diverting into ICT because of it

1 Like

Re: Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 25, 2019
erenax:
I have hearing several acclaimations that there are still many unemployed and jobless pharmacy graduates in Nigeria. Please can anyone verify the veracity of these acclaimations?
very true... supply is greater than demand..and because of that... peanuts are being offered as salary..My advice is for young pharmacist to start small..they'll meet people and gain exposure and experience overtime

1 Like

Re: Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? by erenax: 9:13am On Jan 25, 2019
shollish:
it's on the increase nowadays

I'm thinking of diverting into ICT because of it
Are you studying pharmacy?
Re: Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? by shollish(m): 9:57am On Jan 25, 2019
yh... Pt 4
erenax:
Are you studying pharmacy?
Re: Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? by Jman06(m): 12:44am On Jan 26, 2019
Young pharmacists should aspire to go into private practice. Don't settle for peanuts as salary! If patent medicine dealers are making millions from drugs without any good knowledge, then a pharmacist with all the years of training in the university should make more.

The problem is that many of you don't know how to apply your knowledge and license to enrich yourselves.

Start small and with diligence you would grow into a chain.

PCN should also stop proliferation of pharmacy schools if they cannot stop the NAPMED guys.

They should also ensure that all the pharmacy schools operate the same curriculum to avoid a situation where some schools subject their students to tough trainings while others have a smooth ride, yet everybody comes out as same pharmacist. For example, if they cannot implement the pharmD program in all schools, then no school should force it on their students. Let everybody do Bpharm until PCN is ready to enforce the pharmD
Re: Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? by erenax: 12:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
Jman06:
Young pharmacists should aspire to go into private practice. Don't settle for peanuts as salary! If patent medicine dealers are making millions from drugs without any good knowledge, then a pharmacist with all the years of training in the university should make more.

The problem is that many of you don't know how to apply your knowledge and license to enrich yourselves.

PCN should also stop proliferation of pharmacy schools if they cannot stop the NAPMED guys.

They should also ensure that all the pharmacy schools operate the same curriculum to avoid a situation where some schools subject their students to tough trainings while others have a smooth ride, yet everybody comes out as same pharmacist. For example, if they cannot implement the pharmD program in all schools, then no school should force it on their students. Let everybody do Bpharm until PCN is ready to enforce the pharmD

Thank you. Nice piece

1 Like

Re: Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? by amidel(m): 7:08pm On Jan 26, 2019
Jman06:

Nice one ...

Op, I have never seen an unemployed pharmacist; but I know of underemployed pharmacists.

3 Likes

Re: Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? by erenax: 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2019
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Kindly push to FP
Re: Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? by erenax: 10:08am On Feb 14, 2019
Crazyman

1forall
Re: Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? by sogodihno: 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2019
well, I have not seen an unemployed pharmacist, unless u don't want to work, but have seen underemployed sha. Thier are so many things to do as a pharmacist that u will be jobless
Re: Are There Unemployed Pharmacists In Nigeria? by sogodihno: 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2019
well, I have not seen an unemployed pharmacist, unless u don't want to work, but have seen underemployed sha. Thier are so many things to do as a pharmacist to be jobless

(1) (Reply)

Many Who Sold Their Cars And Properties To Japa Are Over There Regretting / How Much Does Bank Phb Pay Fresh Graduates / Aliko Dangote Neck Deep In Debt: Feared Broke; Plan Massive Lay-offs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.