Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,841 members, 7,828,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile (7953 Views)

10 Mobile Apps You Need To Install Right Now!!! ('usefull Apps') / Facebook Ends Support On All Nokia Device / Microsoft Officially Ends Windows 10 Mobile Software Support By December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:59am On Jan 21, 2019
The support for Windows 10 phones have just ended.

Although It’s very sad to see the Operating system go out of fashion, there’s nothing we can do about it.

Microsoft has already confirmed that it is officially killing off support for the OS. I actually knew this would happen at some point but I didn’t know it would be this soon.

So if you’re still using a Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile phone, you have less than a year to upgrade to something else preferably an Android Phone.

Windows 10 Mobile Is Dead

Microsoft has already published a support page detailing Windows 10 Mobile’s upcoming End of Support.

According to the company, Windows 10 Mobile users are no longer eligible to receive updates, including security updates, from December 10, 2019. Devices that are running Windows 10 Mobile version 1703 will no longer receive support even earlier — on June 11th, 2019.

So immediately it gets to the end of support date some of the features on the device will slowly stop working and Microsoft won’t do anything about it. Automatic or manual device backups will end on March 10, 2020.

With this notice, Microsoft just hit the final nail on the coffin of it’s mobile operating system

Alternative Option For Windows 10 Mobile

“Microsoft’s mission statement to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, compels us to support our Mobile apps on those platforms and devices,” the company said, recommending users to move to an Android or iOS device.

Do you still have a windows phone?

Source - https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/01/goodbye-windows-10-mobile.html
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by directonpc(m): 7:06am On Jan 21, 2019
Wonder what the 3rd mobile operating system will be. Someone should start making featured phones with good software.

Extra:
I am an android developer at Build Brothers NG (we are a registered company). I will like to invite you to tryout our USSD Banking app.

The app helps you carry out Mobile banking without internet or cramming codes in a very secure way.

Download link: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buildbrothers.ussdbanking

3 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Cyb3rhack3r: 7:08am On Jan 21, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:
The support for Windows 10 phones have just ended.

Although It’s very sad to see the Operating system go out of fashion, there’s nothing we can do about it.

Microsoft has already confirmed that it is officially killing off support for the OS. I actually knew this would happen at some point but I didn’t know it would be this soon.

So if you’re still using a Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile phone, you have less than a year to upgrade to something else preferably an Android Phone.

Windows 10 Mobile Is Dead

Microsoft has already published a support page detailing Windows 10 Mobile’s upcoming End of Support.

According to the company, Windows 10 Mobile users are no longer eligible to receive updates, including security updates, from December 10, 2019. Devices that are running Windows 10 Mobile version 1703 will no longer receive support even earlier — on June 11th, 2019.

So immediately it gets to the end of support date some of the features on the device will slowly stop working and Microsoft won’t do anything about it. Automatic or manual device backups will end on March 10, 2020.

With this notice, Microsoft just hit the final nail on the coffin of it’s mobile operating system

Alternative Option For Windows 10 Mobile

“Microsoft’s mission statement to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, compels us to support our Mobile apps on those platforms and devices,” the company said, recommending users to move to an Android or iOS device.

Do you still have a windows phone?

Source - https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/01/goodbye-windows-10-mobile.html

cc mynd44

Even Bill gates uses an android phone. This was expected

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:10am On Jan 21, 2019
directonpc:
Wonder what the 3rd mobile operating system will be. Someone should start making featured phones with good software.

Probably Fuschia. Although it's probably a full replacement for Android

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by izzou(m): 7:10am On Jan 21, 2019
grin

Good riddance to bad rubbish

I've never loved that OS lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by godwinstringed1(m): 7:11am On Jan 21, 2019
All is well! Microsoft!

Well, Entrepreneurs shouldn't forget Ideaflavour Personal Finance Blog
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Wwwnaijaitunesc: 7:12am On Jan 21, 2019
Bold step forward
Build your websites for as low as N10k call us now 0 8 1 1 0 8 7 1 9 7 9
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:13am On Jan 21, 2019
izzou:
grin

Good riddance to bad rubbish

I've never loved that OS lipsrsealed

Lol.. The OS was crappy though I think Microsoft wanted to do something similar to Apple but they failed. Google is actually trying something similar too with Chrome OS and Android
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by neweraomo: 7:13am On Jan 21, 2019
I've never used that os before..so boring and dry

5 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Rexnegro(m): 7:15am On Jan 21, 2019
long overdue if you ask me, that os is nonsense on fone if you ask me . too stressful to operate

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by MrSix: 7:16am On Jan 21, 2019
Like the used calculus to model the OS
Yeye

I sell Grade1 USA used Laptops
Free delivery within Lagos only and it's pay on delivery
Details in my signature
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 21, 2019
Alright
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by michaellovaldo(m): 7:18am On Jan 21, 2019
I use a windows 8.1 phone
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by martineverest(m): 7:20am On Jan 21, 2019
directonpc:
Microsoft is coming with a new OS this year..a more powerful OS Ryan iOS and Android
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 21, 2019
The most nauseating OS in the whole universe.
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by PotatoSalad(m): 7:23am On Jan 21, 2019
grin Microsoft killed Nokia sadly

3 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by PotatoSalad(m): 7:24am On Jan 21, 2019
Wwwnaijaitunesc:
Bold step forward
Build your websites for as low as N10k call us now 0 8 1 1 0 8 7 1 9 7 9
10k? Are you just mad?

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by PotatoSalad(m): 7:26am On Jan 21, 2019
directonpc:
Supposed to be Blackberry OS. They died the moment they made BBM for Android

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by RZArecta2(m): 7:29am On Jan 21, 2019
It was a good run while it lasted, I'll still use my Lumia till the phone shuts down finally cool

Microsoft said move to android or ios, op said "preferably android". What sort of fùckery is that ?
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by marvin906(m): 7:30am On Jan 21, 2019
abeg Microsoft should just focus on PC's abeg..
lumia the most useless phone have ever seen

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by lawman88(m): 7:33am On Jan 21, 2019
infact, i am using windows phone to type now. But i don't know wether it is widow 10 or not. it is window phone 535. Too bad. may God providw money so that i can change my phone

5 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:33am On Jan 21, 2019
martineverest:
Microsoft is coming with a new OS this year..a more powerful OS Ryan iOS and Android

I doubt
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 21, 2019
Shoutout to my uncle who believed Windows phone was the baddest.
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:34am On Jan 21, 2019
lawman88:
infact, i am using windows phone to type now. But i don't know wether it is widow 10 or not. it is window phone 535. Too bad. may God providw money so that i can change my phone

Still covers all windows phones
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Ijaya123: 7:35am On Jan 21, 2019
PotatoSalad:

Supposed to be Blackberry OS. They died the moment they made BBM for Android

Blackberry was already going down before then. They only made BBM available for Android to revive the phone but it was too late.

And the final strategic error from the company was changing the company’s name from (Researxh In Motion) RIM to its product name, Blackberry.

Once the product went down, the company also went down with the name.

5 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by chinos98(m): 7:35am On Jan 21, 2019
michaellovaldo:
I use a windows 8.1 phone

i use a windows 8.0 phone , and is even stressfull

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by martineverest(m): 7:38am On Jan 21, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

I doubt
don't doubt,they are coming with multiple OS with WCOS as it's base....which is the reason why many android OEMs are planing to reveal foldable phones be this year to avoid Microsoft from taking over that sector the way they did with surface tablets.
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by martineverest(m): 7:39am On Jan 21, 2019
PRESENTATION:
Shoutout to my uncle who believed Windows phone was the baddest.
it was actually the best mobile OS.it shortfall was due to Lack of apps

3 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by martineverest(m): 7:40am On Jan 21, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

Lol.. The OS was crappy though I think Microsoft wanted to do something similar to Apple but they failed. Google is actually trying something similar too with Chrome OS and Android
windows OS was crappy?...are u sure u are a tech guru?it was the smoothest and safest OS ever,but lack of apps killed it

4 Likes

Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Mustay(m): 7:43am On Jan 21, 2019
That's the thing with Microsoft. Build to destroy. Like the OP, I had stopped using Windows Mobile a long time ago when I realized that they made this kind of move. Windows mobile OS is cool as you have some of the desktop features but when it comes to upgrading, this is where they render your device useless. Once a new product or technology comes, they force you to drop the one you are using for another
Re: Microsoft Officially Ends Support For Windows 10 Mobile by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 21, 2019
farewell u wil not b missed windows 8 pc is next

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Check Airtel Number / How To Watch Local Channels Like NTA On Android Phones / Why ‘heavy Internet Users’ Should Use This Data Plan On Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.