Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,867 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

How To Recover Hidden Files And Folders In Flash Drives After Virus Attack - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Recover Hidden Files And Folders In Flash Drives After Virus Attack (723 Views)

My Laptop Creates Shortcuts In Flash And Other Memory Devices / How To Convert Windows Files In Cd-rom Into Loadable Format In Flash Drive / 6 Benefits Of Using USB Flash Drives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Recover Hidden Files And Folders In Flash Drives After Virus Attack by oskaaay(m): 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2019
It wasn’t funny when recently my 8GB flash drive caught the PC disease popularly called VIRUS. I already used close to 50% (3GB above) and would not just like to lose the stored data.

So, I consulted a Microsoft Certified Trainer who happens to be my direct tutor in my previous Microsoft Certified Solution Developer track class. He did what some could call magic but I will reveal it below because it was not. Either it is magical or not, I got my file restored in less than 10 minutes. All intact and working fine.

Let us check below:

1. Insert the defaulted flash drive, hard disk etc. in a PC.

2. Locate COMMAND PROMPT (type it into your windows, Mac, etc. search box)

This guide is 100% Free and all you need to do to access it in full is to login into this forum. If not a member yet, then Join here free and reload this page after you sign in or use the search box to find "How to recover hidden files and folders in Flash Drives"

REGISTER HERE |OR| LOGIN HERE
3. Note the Alphabet allocated to the drive e.g mine was allocated “K:”

4. Allow the Command Prompt to finish loading and where the cursor is blinking input the name like K: stated above and click ENTER.

5. It will begin another line with the K:

just type as follow:

K:\>attrib /1 /d /s -h -r -s -a -i

click ENTER again and wait till it repeats another line starting with K:

How to recover hidden files and folders in Flash Drives after virus attack explained
Re: How To Recover Hidden Files And Folders In Flash Drives After Virus Attack by psucc(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2019
member drive or just information?

naija, we don have troublem boku already

(1) (Reply)

Stand-alone Password Generator And Manager For Windows PC / Psiphon Download (2019 Latest) For Windows 10, 8, 7 / Sony Psvita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.