Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,948 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:38 PM

Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open (11383 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Serena Williams Dress At The Australian Open Clash, Causes A Stir Online / Karolina Pliskova Make Up To Final Four At WTA Finals In Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by Badonasty(m): 11:19am On Jan 23, 2019
buzkidOnline:
Serena Williams missed four match points before losing to Czech seventh seed Karolina Pliskova in a dramatic Australian Open quarter-final.

The 37-year-old led 5-1 in the final set but lost the last six games as her bid for a record-equalling 24th Grand Slam singles title ended with a 6-4 4-6 7-5 defeat in Melbourne.

Williams seemed unsettled after turning her ankle on her first match point.

26-year-old Karolina Pliskova will now meet Japan's Naomi Osaka in Thursday's semi-finals.

MySportDab report the other women's semifinal will be two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova against unseeded American Danielle Collins.

"I was almost in the locker room but now stand here as the winner," said Pliskova, who reached the US Open final in 2016.

"My mind was in the locker room at 5-1 down but I was still here. I was too passive and mentally down. She got a little bit shaky in the end. I took my chances and I won.

"Naomi Osaka is dangerous but there is nobody more dangerous than Serena."

Speaking after the game, Serena said:

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/01/australian-open-karolina-pliskova.html

this woman should just retire... she as won everything...she's rich...she's married...she get pikin...wetin remain
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by TripA(m): 11:21am On Jan 23, 2019
She has made her mark
Time to bow out
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by goslowgoslow(m): 11:24am On Jan 23, 2019
Richdad50:
A very good news. If you hate Trump and support wicked liberal and gay agenda, you will go down, down and down.
F
#Richdad
And you think this is a sensible comment ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by goslowgoslow(m): 11:29am On Jan 23, 2019
nuban07:
Kudos to pliskova winning the set being 1-5 down against Serena is unbelievable
Bro very unbelievable, not just 1-5 down but Serena needed just one point.
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by Dpharisee: 11:31am On Jan 23, 2019
She cost me plenty money yesterday, I thought it was sure winning for Serena sad
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by goslowgoslow(m): 11:31am On Jan 23, 2019
For those of you shouting age age.... Where was age when she was 1-5 up?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by zyphr(m): 11:39am On Jan 23, 2019
The OP did a very poor reporting. Serena was injured in the final set when she was 5-1 up. No way could she have lost like that if not for the pain that didn't allow her to run freely on the court .

1 Like

Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by backspaced(f): 11:40am On Jan 23, 2019
We are hiring Account Officer on behalf of our client, a well-established and diversified business group based in Sango-Ota, Nigeria.

JOB SCOPE:
• To maintain record of receipts as well as issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• To undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members.
• To ensure the correct and timely valuation of the inventory.
• Generating month end reports.

EXPERIENCE:

• Minimum 2-3 Years of relevant work experience in accounting and knowledge of accounting software like tally and ERP9
• Strong client relationship management and customer service skills.

If you’re interested in building a career with a well-established and respected company, then send in your CV immediately to sylvia@elevantix.com

The subject of the mail should be Account Officer
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by TheKingIsHere: 11:41am On Jan 23, 2019
Serena is getting old. It is understandable.
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 23, 2019
We get flash score apps. This MILF ruined a lot of tickets today.

1 Like

Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by evy1(m): 11:50am On Jan 23, 2019
This new generation of players ain't smiling at all,even in the men's draw the same thing..but I hope my man Nadal goes all the way to the final! It will be an epic final him against Novak Djokovic.
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 23, 2019
nuban07:
Kudos to pliskova winning the set being 1-5 down against Serena is unbelievable

Serena got injure

I'm baffled nobody is talking about that
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 23, 2019
goslowgoslow:

Bro very unbelievable, not just 1-5 down but Serena needed just one point.

She got injured bro
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by Didi2d(m): 12:06pm On Jan 23, 2019
Witlee:

If you day carry Serena Williams now e be like say you day carry Chelsea for your ticket

Lol..
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by Browndawn: 12:16pm On Jan 23, 2019
Who is she going to blame this time around for her loss
There is time for everything...she has done well over the years ...I think she need to go and take care of her home

Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by nuban07(m): 12:18pm On Jan 23, 2019
S
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by nuban07(m): 12:21pm On Jan 23, 2019
maynia:

Serena got injure

I'm baffled nobody is talking about that
She should ve retired, she didn't need to continued
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by sinaj(f): 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2019
smeag0l:
She still has 3 more chance to get it within the year
thats why I said she has to come back. Meanwhile lots of Americans dont want her again, they want to try someone else. Change Serena is trending now.
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by sinaj(f): 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2019
nuban07:

She should ve retired, she didn't need to continued
she needs to make history first nau
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by nuban07(m): 12:43pm On Jan 23, 2019
sinaj:
Someone said she was injured in the 3rd set, while she was being trailed 5-1. She should retired instead of playing on. There are still many grand slam to be played
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 23, 2019
You are woke my friend cheesy

Exwizard:
You people don't know anything, the illuminati cabal are not happy at Serena Williams, so things shall fall apart
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by niggaman(m): 12:50pm On Jan 23, 2019
sinaj:
i swear i feel her pains. maybe she should have made history b4 getting preg. now is so difficult and to think she has gotten to grand slam finals after that and still no titles after dat, dats bad luck
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by fredoooooo: 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2019
Great performance by Pliskova ..
Browndawn:
Who is she going to blame this time around for her loss
There is time for everything...she has done well over the years ...I think she need to go and take care of her home

You can't win it all ,you win some lose some ...
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by Hermes019: 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2019
sinaj:
Mehn! This is quite painful embarassed

Getting her 24th title seem impossible no matter how close she gets to it embarassed
Now it will make her come back for it again.
How do u do it
I mean the likes u get for ur profile pix
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by immaculate1234(m): 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2019
I first talk am say too much fucq go worry am one day
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by SachaBastien(m): 2:00pm On Jan 23, 2019
Seems she was trying not to lose to Osaka again.
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by sinaj(f): 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2019
nuban07:

Someone said she was injured in the 3rd set, while she was being trailed 5-1. She should retired instead of playing on. There are still many grand slam to be played
lol

I think the injury was a cover up, she was hurt quite alright and would have asked for a break but she didnt ask.
She went ahead to win 5points with the injury too. So it has nothing to do with the injury.

Besides she doesnt have many more grandslams to win coz age isnt on her side and she is getting slower. She need to pave way for another player to emerge. All she needs is one more grandslam to break a record and make history.
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by sinaj(f): 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2019
niggaman:

i swear i feel her pains. maybe she should have made history b4 getting preg. now is so difficult and to think she has gotten to grand slam finals after that and still no titles after dat, dats bad luck
seriously its quite painful. Its just like looking at a food you cant eat. I really felt bad for her this morning
Re: Karolina Pliskova Defeats Serena Williams At The Australian Open by nuban07(m): 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2019
sinaj:
lol

I think the injury was a cover up, she was hurt quite alright and would have asked for a break but she didnt ask.
She went ahead to win 5points with the injury too. So it has nothing to do with the injury.

Besides she doesnt have many more grandslams to win coz age isnt on her side and she is getting slower. She need to pave way for another player to emerge. All she needs is one more grandslam to break a record and make history.
I think u are right...That's why is not easy being married and also a sportswoman. Record or not, she is a legend

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON 2012 3rd Place: Ghana Vs Mali (0 - 2) On 11th February 2012 / Aubameyang Left Out Of Arsenal's Mid-Season Trip To Dubai, Left In London / Websites For Downloading Football Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.