Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? (8566 Views)

Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? / Church With Wealthy Single Ladies In Lagos? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Aproko(f): 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2007
please Nairaland users, i have a friend who is about to get married.

She doesn't want to attend the same church with her future husband because she doesn't particularly like his place of worship. He insists she must agree to attend his church when they get married before they can go on with the ceremonies and he is not willing to compromise.

They both love each other yet they are both stubborn. Do you honestly think attending the same church is a prerequisite for a happy marriage? I need your opinions on this.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Seun(m): 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2007
I honestly think their marriage is going to fail if they can be fighting over such a trivial, easily solvable issue.
Since they are both obstinate and uncompromising; they should break up amicably as soon as possible, period.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2007
Seun:

I honestly think their marriage is going to fail if they can be fighting over such a trivial, easily solvable issue.
Since they are both obstinate and uncompromising; they should break up amicably as soon as possible, period.

I have to agree with Seun on this!
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by my2cents(m): 8:38pm On Apr 19, 2007
if for no other reason, they should strongly consider attending the same church for their (potential) kids' sake(s). There is nothing as bad as a confused child.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by ikamefa(f): 8:45pm On Apr 19, 2007
my2cents:

if for no other reason, they should strongly consider attending the same church for their (potential) kids' sake(s). There is nothing as bad as a confused child.

true dat!

Seun:

true dat!

have they heard of the word compromise? they both need to sit down! and reach a compromise on this issue before they get married
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by kadeyy(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2007
I know couples of even different religions that are living together peacefully. But I won't underestimate the power of belief. If their love is not strong enough to hold their divergent denominational inclinations together. They should call it quit now because it's bound to happen sometime.

But I will understand if a good number of people advice the woman to be submissive as the xtian faith teaches. Isn't is all about the faith anyway?
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by igbonla(m): 10:11pm On Apr 19, 2007
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Seun(m): 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2007
If the church is so important, then why can't the so-called husband offer to switch to a church that his wife prefers?
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by igbonla(m): 11:21pm On Apr 19, 2007
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by user86666(m): 12:38am On Apr 20, 2007
aproko leave them alone!
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by spoilt(f): 1:42am On Apr 20, 2007
i refused to attend my man's church. its just one of those churches that would have entailed me turning to a nun and plaiting my hair thread. he knew i wasnt about to do it. he came to mine. grin

they have to agree b4 marriage or else it can even tear the marriage apart.

1 Like

Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by LadyB(f): 1:52am On Apr 20, 2007
if the lady in question is a true christian - she would not even bring up the issue.

to poster: what kind of church are we talking about here?
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by spoilt(f): 1:54am On Apr 20, 2007
@ ladyb
there's no rule that says a woman should go to her husband's church so dont even go there.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by LadyB(f): 4:02am On Apr 20, 2007
@spoilt

ok there is no rule as such, but why is it now that  they're planning to wed-she realised that the man's church is a no way!?.  

i mean was she blind all this while?

and spoilt count urself lucky that ur husband agree to that arrangement,cos i know most nigerian men will not.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by MP007(m): 6:16am On Apr 20, 2007
not attending the same church is stil better than not attending the same religional whatever, lool
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by frankiriri(m): 7:04am On Apr 20, 2007
There is a cliche that goes the family that worships together stays together.
I beleive that for her to say that she does not want to go to her husband' church indicates that she has some major issues with how they worship. If that is true then it may affect their marraige since the fiancee will be affeted by the ideology of his church and may take decisions based on issues like that.
Imagine what would happen if someone living in a ' house on the rock" marries someone who has 'deeper life' would they be able to attend the same church or have a meaningful marraige.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by akara(m): 8:13am On Apr 20, 2007
They should have considered this and found a solution or seperate before the talk of engagement talk less marriage.
What denomination are we talking here anyway?.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Soundmind(m): 10:05am On Apr 20, 2007
Personally, the issue of church should not tear marraige apart. Both of them should understand each other rather than tryign to win a denominational campain. If there is love, trust and confidence, church is a secondary issue. I know of a family at Abakaliki where the husband is ECWA member while the wife is a Watchman member. All there children were allowed to attend the church of there choice and incidentally, they are all members of ECWA. It is only the wife that attends another church. They are living happily.
I can see there is love but no sacrifice in there relationship. Pls, remind them that true love is sacrificial and accomodating. I see there marriage as a conditional one. Pls, let them break up peacefully now because they will be contending for a lot of issues if they get married.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Beline(f): 10:52am On Apr 20, 2007
if she can't worship with him better she quit now, two stuborn pple can't live together.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by saintchux(m): 11:24am On Apr 20, 2007
spoilt:

@ ladyb
there's no rule that says a woman should go to her husband's church so don't even go there.

There is no rule, yes I agree with you. But you will drop your father name, leave your house, leave everything and take up the guys own, then you will tell me that you won't leave you church. It shows that you are worshiping church and not God.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by richylaw(m): 11:53am On Apr 20, 2007
saintchux:

There is no rule, yes I agree with you. But you will drop your father name, leave your house, leave everything and take up the guys own, then you will tell me that you won't leave you church. It shows that you are worshiping church and not God.

Biblically spoken ye'r right, I beleieve if the fear of God is taking into consideration right from the onset in this relationship then she ought to have known that things may not work out the way she wants.
Well the issue of " I beleive I can change him to my side before marriage" may be a consolation all the while nonetheless now that she knows that 'kango' has met 'wanke' then its better she move on and let peace reign.
By the way I suggest she should be more active in her own church so as to get the right man within are denomination. The ushers role may be ideal grin
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Aproko(f): 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2007
he proposed to her knowing she attends another church, but he took it for granted that she will change to his church, and she took it for granted that he will let things remain as they are(attending their various churches).he attends one of these flamboyant churches and she, a kind of conservative one.i thought it was such a trivial issue until i realized what they were going through and how much an issue like this could test your love for eachother.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Echidime(m): 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2007
How can an unmarried lady start fighting with her husband to be? If a woman can obey her husband what the hell is the reason of her wanting to marry the guy? or is she after his wealth? Going to a different church of her choice means she got someone there in her church she just can't affort not to see every sunday period. And the guy is fucking her hot down there. Women are terrible creatures,when they are alone going to different types of white Garment churches praying and fasting looking for husband,and when GOD answer them and give them someone, they start commanding and forget what they went through searching for this same guy she is now fighting with.?

Every man has the right to stop her wife from going to a particular church is he senses something about her wife going there.

@the topic: If this girls insist the guy should look around and pick some other girl,in that way she can go back to her searching in different white garment churches. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by akara(m): 12:53pm On Apr 20, 2007
grin

If she is so conservative as to attend a conservative kind of much what did she expect by agreeing to marry a man
who prays flambouyantly and worships flambouyantly. How did they get along in the first place. These two categories
church movements have different practices. They should sit down and really talk before he call down thunder and fire
to rain down on her. Haba

cool
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by DeepSoul(f): 4:19pm On Apr 20, 2007
Even if they come to some sort of compromise now, what's gonna happen when they have kids?

Whose church will the kids go to?

Abi will some go with mummy and others with daddy?

This issue is a pretty serious one and contrary to popular belief, love doesnt conquer all!
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by jgirl3: 9:29pm On Apr 20, 2007
As husband and wife, they might want to go to different churches but when the kids are involved, they are going to have to come to a conclusion, if not, they will be fighting over which kid goes to which church.

Let them both leave the churches they love so much and find one that they both like.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Echidime(m): 2:00pm On Apr 21, 2007
Better solution is that both of them can join a secret cult in that way the disagreement will be over. grin grin grin
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 21, 2007
Echidime:

Better solution is that both of them can join a secret cult in that way the disagreement will be over. grin grin grin

lol
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by dela(m): 6:19pm On Apr 21, 2007
Marriage is more than loving someone,it is also involves taking informed decision decision.If u can agree on trivial matters in the early stages of your relationship then that is a bad omen.Wake up.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by hotchic1(f): 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2007
I think its better just to ensure that the kids are not confused.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Seun(m): 10:32am On Apr 22, 2007
Exactly.
dela:
If you can't agree on trivial matters in the early stages of your relationship then that is a bad omen.
Exactly. There are more serious issues to argue about. Serious issues they will never be able to agree on.
Re: Must She Attend The Same Church With Her Husband? by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2007
I think It's important to attend the same church. Doing otherwise does not show togethetherness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Characteristics Of A Psychopath. / God Can Do Without Us, BUT..... / What Cindy Trimm Taught Pastor Chris Oyakhilome..Fake Move Of The Holy Ghost ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.