Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Sacked TETFUND Boss Accuses Minister Of Demanding N200 Million Bribe - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sacked TETFUND Boss Accuses Minister Of Demanding N200 Million Bribe (457 Views)

I Feel Ashamed Nigerian Professors Earn Less Than $1000 A Month - TETFund Boss / NABTEB Sacked Board Boss Accuses Registrar Of 42 Contracts Without Approval / TETFUND Boss Uncovers Fraud Involving Lecturers, Agency’s Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacked TETFUND Boss Accuses Minister Of Demanding N200 Million Bribe by CodeTemplar: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2019
Sacked Executive Secretary of the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND), Dr. Abdullahi Baffa Bichi, has said his removal from office was connected with his refusal to offer an alleged N200 million bribe to a minister in the government of President Muhammadu Buhari. His appointment was terminated on Monday by the Federal Government which cited no reason for the action.

Subsequently, government reinstated Prof. Suleiman Bogoro who was relieved of the job by this same administration in 2016 for alleged high-handedness.During a BBC Hausa Service interview monitored yesterday in Kano, Baffa alleged that the minister had sent a contractor demanding 10 per cent of N20 billion from the N200 billion meant for disbursement to tertiary institutions across the federation.

He claimed: “ The minister has demanded kickbacks from me. He sent a contractor for that purpose and even had the strength to dictate the amount of money. By his estimation, he said even if I deducted 10 per cent from each institution, I would have collected at least N20 billion.

“I want to assure you that I have never collected a single naira from any institution as he thought, and if he or anybody has evidence to prove against me, I will be willing to accept the death penalty.”Baffa said the minister had accused him of inaccessibility, insubordination and talking to the press without authorisation.

Denying the allegations, he claimed to have spent more time at the Federal Ministry of Education as a technical assistant than he did at TETFUND, wondering why the minister was against him.Efforts to reach the ministry for reaction were futile, as the Director of Press, Ben Gong, ignored calls put to his mobile phone, including a text message.

At first, the line was said to be on another call. After about 12 minutes, it connected and rang out without a response from the receiver’s end.The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday said Baffa’s confession had further exposed “the seething corruption in the Buhari presidency.”

In a statement by its national publicity secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, the party noted that the revelation did not come to many Nigerians as a surprise, as it had vindicated its position that “the Buhari presidency is inherently corrupt and thrives on concealments, deception, beguilement, propaganda and lies.”

https://m.guardian.ng/news/sacked-tetfund-boss-accuses-minister-of-demanding-n200-million-bribe/
Re: Sacked TETFUND Boss Accuses Minister Of Demanding N200 Million Bribe by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 24, 2019
they are fighting corruption
the removed a northerner and replace by a former northerner who has occupied the sit before. and they want this nation to grow.
Re: Sacked TETFUND Boss Accuses Minister Of Demanding N200 Million Bribe by CodeTemplar: 6:27pm On Jan 24, 2019
Research has failed us in times of need again
Re: Sacked TETFUND Boss Accuses Minister Of Demanding N200 Million Bribe by CodeTemplar: 4:01am On Mar 25, 2020
TETFUND hasnt delivered

(1) (Reply)

Shanghai Government Scholarships For International Students China – 2019 / IATA Foundation(travel & Tourism) / CU Student Called Out By Her Friends For Staging Her Kidnap To Meet Her Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.