Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Why Should I Believe In Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should I Believe In Christianity? (7672 Views)

Is Cousins Marriage In Christianity Forbidden? / How Do People Even Believe In Christianity When It Seems Like A Fairy Tale. / Misconceptions About The Issue Of Being Born Again In Christianity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 24, 2019
Why not Islam? Hinduism? Why shouldn't I be a Mormon? Or a Buddhist? Or a Judaist? What convincing evidence is there for Christianity that overwhelms every other religion out there? This is a genuine question. Why should I believe in Christianity?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by whitebeard(m): 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2019
The Bible actually predicted people like u springing up later in time..! In this world we all have a particular purpose...it seems this is ur purpose..! It up to u to decide jare geh..!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by BluntBoy(m): 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2019
MhizAngel99:
Why not Islam? Hinduism? Why shouldn't I be a Mormon? Or a Buddhist? Or a Judaist? What convincing evidence is there for Christianity that overwhelms every other religion out there? This is a genuine question. Why should I believe in Christianity?

Christianity is a scam.

However, there is God with whom I share a very personal relationship. And our Lord Jesus Christ is Lord. I have seen Him, I have experienced Him. As a matter of fact, my Lord experiences Himself through me.

Oh, I love my Savior, Jesus the Christ.

Do you want to see my Lord? I can show Him to you.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by forreelinc(m): 5:47pm On Jan 24, 2019
ask your father
Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by tyup(m): 5:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
whitebeard:
The Bible actually predicted people like u springing up later in time..! In this world we all have a particular purpose...it seems this is ur purpose..! It up to u to decide jare geh..!!

Gbam.....best reply aswear u get sense

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2019
Good luck getting direct answers from users who are polite. Is this not Nairaland? grin grin. All you'll get is answers riddled with hostility and ad hominem. Case in point as I'm sure you must have seen by now....
forreelinc:
ask your father
whitebeard:
Nairaland will never disappoint grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by tyup(m): 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2019
MhizAngel99:

You can believe what you want ion think anyone is forcing you to Christianity here undecided
Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by NnennaG6(f): 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
MhizAngel99:
Why should I believe in Christianity?
Because it’s true.
Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by FiftyFifty(m): 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2019
The truth of the matter is, Christianity is devoid of logic and common sense. The concept of Trinity to begin with, how on Earth can 1+1+1 still equal 1? Jesus as God couldn't protect himself, let alone protect others. As son of God his Father abandoned his "only begotten son" to be humiliated and crucified. Different versions of Bible too didn't help matters, as they're full of contradictions. Can u believe that Christmas for instance, is nowhere to be found in the Bible? There is no one form of worship like other religions (don't tell me dancing & singing pls). In the west, no one is talking about Christianity for you can't be intelligent and Christian at the same time. In Africa, Christianity has is reduced to a lucrative business that robbed the poor and sadly enrich the super rich (who compete in buying private jets). Anyone can open his/her ministry regardless of how ungodly he/she is. The focus is centred on materialism and unnecessary call for fire to fall upon real or imaginary enemy. No one is talking about morality, faith, mercy, love for one another, moving closer to God, or the life after. The church keeps milking the poor while the supposedly Men of God are busy engaging in fornication, adultery, homosexuality, among others. Let me stop here. I deliberately decided not to cite scriptures so as not to confuse u more.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by NLbully(m): 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2019
Hey Missy

No one owes you a story on why you should join any religion

Choose the one you like and stop trying to get noticed by force

If you like choose atheism self

That one no concern anybody sad

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by TheArranger(m): 6:02pm On Jan 24, 2019
NnennaG6:

Because it’s true.
Brilliant. How do you know Christianity is true?

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by LuciferCelibate: 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2019
NnennaG6:

Because it’s true.

Hotkinkyjo's asshole can take a baseball bat is also true.

Should I believe in it?
Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by NnennaG6(f): 6:20pm On Jan 24, 2019
TheArranger:

Brilliant. How do you know Christianity is true?
Because all the evidence indicates that it is.
Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by TheArranger(m): 6:28pm On Jan 24, 2019
NnennaG6:

Can I ask what evidence?
Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by Martinez19(m): 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2019
whitebeard:
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by BluntBoy(m): 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2019
NnennaG6:

Nnenna, you are always putting yourself in a difficult position. grin

These atheists are very knowledgeable in the matters of the scriptures. The only thing they lack is faith. The only way you can convince them is to show them Christ, not tell them.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by ritzyvic1(m): 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2019
MhizAngel99:
It seems your are using Christianity as a reference in comparative analysis of other religions. In essence you are considering the merits and the edge it has over others. Well, I don't know much about other religion mentioned but Christianity is basically not a religion (like others with sets of rules) but a relationship with God the creator. His son, Jesus came for the purpose of reconciling humanity with their maker. That's the path to peace and eternal life.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by Martinez19(m): 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2019
tyup:

You can believe what you want ion think anyone is forcing you to Christianity here undecided
Funny how you guys never have any meaningful answer. She didn't say she can't believe anything she wants. She asked a simple question, either you have the answers or fvck off.

7 Likes

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by NnennaG6(f): 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2019
BluntBoy:

Nnenna, you are always putting yourself in a difficult position. grin

These atheists are very knowledgeable in the matters of the scriptures. The only thing they lack is faith. The only way you can convince them is to show them Christ, not tell them.

Its hard for a christian to convert an atheist and vice versa. But sometimes i just love to challenge their ideas smiley
Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by Martinez19(m): 6:48pm On Jan 24, 2019
ritzyvic1:

It seems your are using Christianity as a reference in comparative analysis of other religions. In essence you are considering the merits and the edge it has over others. Well, I don't know much about other religion mentioned but Christianity is basically not a religion (like others with sets of rules) but a relationship with God the creator. His son, Jesus came for the purpose of reconciling humanity with their maker. That's the path to peace and eternal life.
No, it's a sport.

5 Likes

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by BluntBoy(m): 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
NnennaG6:

Its hard for a christian to convert an atheist and vice versa. But sometimes i just love to challenge their ideas smiley

Anyway, best of luck. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by NnennaG6(f): 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
TheArranger:

Can I ask what evidence?
The multiply attested, corroborated, contemporary accounts of Christ known as the gospels, which exist with no contradictory contemporary accounts. Also the wide acceptance of Christ’s divinity in Judea and the Roman Empire despite the violent hostility toward Christians in that time and place.
Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by NnennaG6(f): 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
BluntBoy:

Anyway, best of luck. grin
Lol. Thanks grin
Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by Martinez19(m): 6:52pm On Jan 24, 2019
BluntBoy:

Christianity is a scam.

However, there is God with whom I share a very personal relationship. And our Lord Jesus Christ is Lord. I have seen Him, I have experienced Him. As a matter of fact, my Lord experiences Himself through me.

Oh, I love my Savior, Jesus the Christ.

Do you want to see my Lord? I can show Him to you.
What's going on here?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by TheArranger(m): 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2019
NnennaG6:

The multiply attested, corroborated, contemporary accounts of Christ known as the gospels, which exist with no contradictory contemporary accounts. Also the wide acceptance of Christ’s divinity in Judea and the Roman Empire despite the violent hostility toward Christians in that time and place.
The Gospels contradict one another, though, and they're all decades after any crucifixion, written by people who weren't eyewitnesses, and Matthew and Luke borrowed from Mark.

And it wasn't widely accepted for quite some time. I mean, 60s CE, Nero blamed the Great Fire on them. Even if it were widely accepted, so what? That's an argument ad populum.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by Martinez19(m): 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2019
NLbully:
Hey Missy

No one owes you a story on why you should join any religion

Choose the one you like and stop trying to get noticed by force

If you like choose atheism self

That one no concern anybody sad
She asked a simple question. Either you have an answer or fvck off. Funny how no single christian is concerned about winning her soul or is soul winning not a serious thing for you guys? Fake ass christian.

8 Likes

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by BluntBoy(m): 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2019
ritzyvic1:

That was in the era of the Early Church when the believers were so Christlike that they were called Christians.

Today, Christianity has given way largely to Churchianity. It is now about my church, my pastor .

Stop deceiving yourself. Today's Christianity is nothing but a religion. It even weakens rather than strengthens one's relationship with God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by NnennaG6(f): 7:00pm On Jan 24, 2019
TheArranger:

The Gospels contradict one another, though,
No they don’t.

TheArranger:
and they're all decades after any crucifixion, written by people who weren't eyewitnesses,
Right, written by contemporaries

TheArranger:
And it wasn't widely accepted for quite some time.
It was widely accepted during the lifetimes of those who were alive when Christ was, in other words, contemporaries.

TheArranger:
That's an argument ad populum.
It would be an argument ad populum if I were trying to argue that Christianity is true because a lot of people believe so, but I’m obviously not arguing that because that would be silly and logically fallacious. I’m using the fact that so many people believed it despite violent hostility to lend credence to the notion that the gospels were reliable and accurate in that time. I don’t mean to say that it’s true because people believed, but rather that we would expect people to believe in such a hostile environment only if they could be reasonably certain that it’s true. But this fact only bolsters the case and is actually unnecessary as evidence for Christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by BluntBoy(m): 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2019
Martinez19:
What's going on here?

I should have been more specific.

I meant Christianity in this age.
Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by TheArranger(m): 7:10pm On Jan 24, 2019
NnennaG6:

No they don’t.
Yes, they do
https://ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/?t=stone

NnennaG6:
Right, written by contemporaries
Contemporary: "existing, occurring, or living at the same time;belonging to the same time". These people were decades after Jesus.

NnennaG6:
It was widely accepted during the lifetimes of those who were alive when Christ was, in other words, contemporaries.
No, it wasn't. The 30s CE did not have widespread Christianity. Where is your source on that?

NnennaG6:
I’m using the fact that so many people believed it despite violent hostility to lend credence to the notion that the gospels were reliable and accurate in that time. I don’t mean to say that it’s true because people believed, but rather that we would expect people to believe in such a hostile environment only if they could be reasonably certain that it’s true. But this fact only bolsters the case and is actually unnecessary as evidence for Christianity.
This is better evidence for Judaism than Christianity, considering they've been persecuted for longer, and even by Christians. Also, the followers of David Koresh faced hostility too, because they were certain that he was right. I don't find this to be compelling at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by ritzyvic1(m): 7:10pm On Jan 24, 2019
Martinez19:
No, it's a sport.
You probably have a reason to believe that. Invariably, our belief system and perception of things are shaped by our experiences and orientation. You remember the 6 blind men that went to check out the shape of elephant? They were all correct partially. We humans are however not given the luxury to see life and the universe from a panoramic viewpoint as well. That's the reason researches never end - we haven't seen it all. Maybe logic couldn't explain it or science didn't support it (though I have seen years of scientific research end up aligning with biblical view), but the fact remains that there's a mighty God in heaven that rules in the affairs of men. Christ is now the way to God the father, and as well the truth and life

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Believe In Christianity? by ritzyvic1(m): 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
BluntBoy:

That was in the era of the Early Church when the believers were so Christlike that they were called Christians.

Today, Christianity has given way largely to Churchianity. It is now about [b]my church, my pastor
. [/b]

Stop deceiving yourself. Today's Christianity is nothing but a religion. It even weakens rather than strengthens one's relationship with God.
I agree with you that a lot of things has changed and the standard of many denominations have been watered down with regards to adherence to teaching of Christ. Yes, it's expected to be so in the last days. All the false prophets and teachers Christ warned his disciples about are currently operating. But the foundation of the Lord still stands sure and Christ still knows those that are His.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

12 Things Christians Should BEWARE Of / Ogunda Odu Ifa ~ Divination, Prayers & Ebo {sacrifice} / Prayer Points For The Month Of December 2017 (prayerland)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.