Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Fans Unplugged: Pay Siasia Well - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans Unplugged: Pay Siasia Well (533 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Jay-Jay Okocha's Swag At Rhythm Unplugged (photo) / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fans Unplugged: Pay Siasia Well by 12large: 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2010
A quick scan of the interactive media will reveal that Nigerian football fans not only back Samson Siasia, but they want him remunerated handsomely for the job of managing the Super Eagles.

The 42-year-old Heartland boss is the only coach in the running for the highly controversial post. He is reportedly demanding a $100,000 monthly pay, and a $1m sign-on fee. The NFF has said it can only afford to pay $20,000 monthly, out of which the coach is expected to pay his assistant.

Talks have deadlocked and will resume when the coach returns from Egypt where he took his team Heartland FC for a CAF Champions League assignment.

Fans, furious at the poor return on the Berti Vogts (who got $50,000 monthly) and Lars Lagerback ($300,000 monthly) investments, are demanding respect for Siasia who they see as the best local coach. They insist foreign coaches are not better, and as such Siasia should be paid comparably.

"The Nigerian Football Federation should try and meet Siasia's demand. Our local coaches need to be encouraged for them to get results. Afterall we know how much coach Lagerback collected for just six months. NFF no excuse, this time around failure is not an option." - Adeosun Musbau

"NFF should pay Siasia what he asked for, to me Siasia is better than Lagerback and Berti Vogts. Siasia is our own so he should not be underpaid" - Alexedewor

"Where was the money going to come from to pay whatever it was that Largerback was going to earn if he had extended his term with them. Not even did they offer 25% of what they paid Largerbackfor the World Cup talk less of half of it. They should go back to the drawing board and come up with a reasonable offer otherwise he should tell them where to shove their job I say. Arrant nonsense and a clear case of a Prophet having no honor in his own country." - Valteena

"Is Siasia not better than Berti Vogts who was paid $50,000 per month? Siasia should be paid the same amount of money Lagerback was paid - Masterj4arsenal.

From the economic perspective, others believe that paying Siasia competitively will benefit the local economy more, since he would spend the money locally as opposed to the foreign coaches who spend the bulk of their money overseas.

"Siasia spends/reinvests whatever he is paid into the Nigerian economy. Lars and Berti didn't. And Siasia is better than those two by all ramifications. I wouldn't take less than $50,000 per month if I were him." - Brownnel2000

"Why not pay this guy some good money for Christ sake? At least he will still plough the money back into our economy through spending. What fraction of the amount that we paid Berti Vogts and Lagerback did they spend in our economy? Absolutely nothing." Eric

However not everyone is in awe of the former U-20 and Olympics team boss, whose club is wallowing at the bottom of their CAF Champions League group after losing their second successive match on Sunday.

"$100,000! For what? What choice does he have if we refuse? Who else will pay him that much? He should feel honored to be given the job. For me, anything more than 20,000 dollars should be rejected. The fact that England paid Sven-Goran Eriksson 4m pounds did not make them to pay his successor McClaren the same amount. In fact he was paid less than 1m pounds. It may be true that Lagerback was overpaid, however that does not mean we should continue on this road to sanity! Let him prove himself first before demanding more." - Emma

"N15m for what? abeg siasia wants to take advantage of the media, because many nigerians want him he wants N15m. Even Amodu that qualified us for the World Cup two times was never paid N15m a month. If Siasia keeps misbehaving they would just give Bonfere Jo the job. Siasia please reduce price so you can get the job." 12large.
Re: Fans Unplugged: Pay Siasia Well by 12large: 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2010
abeg no be me write this one ohh, it was coming from one of nigeria top new soccer website "africaplays.com" una see how they put my comment "12large" as part of the media.
Re: Fans Unplugged: Pay Siasia Well by 12large: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2010
abeg naija fans are funny how can they say siasia is better than berti vogts just because vogts did not succed in nigeria don't make siasia better, afterall his a worldcup winner

(1) (Reply)

Ex-f’eagles Player Dies / Watch Your Favourites Team And Earn With Ease ! / Nigeria Ranking Remain Unchanged!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.